• BRITLANDBRITLAND Posts: 3,443
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^
    Good to hear
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the battles. not sure I've stuck around for the knockouts though - can someone remind me how that bit works?
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember the battles. not sure I've stuck around for the knockouts though - can someone remind me how that bit works?

After the battles each coach will have 7 contestants left (including one "steal" in the battles).
    The coach chooses one contestant to "fast pass" through to the Lives automatically.
    The other 6 are split into 2 groups of 3 and each has to sing.
    The coach chooses one from each group to go through to the Lives so 3 people go through from each coach, making 12 in all to go through to the quarter finals.
    The Knockouts are over 2 weeks. The Lives are over 3 weeks.

That's how they did it last year but of course they could decide to change it a bit.
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's sounds unnecessarily complicated, maybe that's why I've given up before. I think it was mostly because the format means that strong people from one team go out while weaker people from another go through.
  • maggie_07maggie_07 Posts: 1,793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's sounds unnecessarily complicated, maybe that's why I've given up before. I think it was mostly because the format means that strong people from one team go out while weaker people from another go through.

Sorry I think I've made it sound more complicated than it really is. I hope I haven't put you off. Basically in the knockouts the contestants are reduced to 12, who then go through to the live shows, when the viewers can vote.

I think it gets more interesting in the battles and knockouts as that where tactics can come into it (from Will anyway) and also it sorts out the singers who have improved from those who haven't.

I agree that having 3 from each team can mean that some stronger people may not get through if a coach has the best team to start with. They have changed the rules in the US Voice so that when it gets to the final 12, the performers compete against each other no matter what team they are in. This may mean that not every coach will have someone in the final. I think it's fairer and perhaps the BBC might do the same at some stage.
  • cas1977cas1977 Posts: 6,399
    Forum Member
    I really did try to get into The Voice, but what puts me off is the camera constantly being on the judges whilst the contestant is singing. And the audience is basically subjected to four faces pulling the same expressions and making the same gestures with every single audition. I hate the way they look like they're really getting into the music, as if they're music moguls or something, and they way they squabble between themselves whilst the act is on, and the fake shocked faces they pull, and the way they try and "tease" the audience making out they're about to press the button and then don't.
    But the final thing is....when they don't turn around and then afterwards compliment them excessively on what a great voice they have! My response if I was on there would be "well why the bloody hell didn't you turn round then!"
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maggie_07 wrote: »
    They have changed the rules in the US Voice so that when it gets to the final 12, the performers compete against each other no matter what team they are in.

That's a good sign for the next UK series, if the show returns.
  • BillyBoy7BillyBoy7 Posts: 1,514
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have changed the rules in the US Voice so that when it gets to the final 12, the performers compete against each other no matter what team they are in. This may mean that not every coach will have someone in the final. I think it's fairer and perhaps the BBC might do the same at some stage.

Much better idea.
    At the moment they only compete against people in their OWN 'teams', until the final, which seems silly.

Means the clever ones will pick the weakest team to join... If they have a choice.
  • FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,829
    Forum Member
    clivefield wrote: »
    Saturday night takeaway will beat the voice hands down next week im afradi

Have to agree, think the best thing the BBC could do would be to move it to 6pm on Saturdays. The blind auditions are the best part of this show. Once you start knocking them out, sing-offs and live shows it becomes similar to so many other shows that have gone.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »
    Have to agree, think the best thing the BBC could do would be to move it to 6pm on Saturdays. The blind auditions are the best part of this show. Once you start knocking them out, sing-offs and live shows it becomes similar to so many other shows that have gone.

Moving the Voice earlier would be a terrible move.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hopefully someone will realise one day that the battles are ridiculous, members of the same team trying to out screech each other simply does not fit with the concept of "The Voice".

Personally I think the should ditch battles and go for some kind of BGT style live format where the public decide on the whittling down process. And crucially it would not guarantee that a coach has a selection at the end stage. It should be as much a coaches test as it is their team. There are so many flaws in the format after the brilliant audition concept Im not surprised it loses energy when it really matters.

The show is 99% certain to return next year-the BBC need another big entertainment format in addition to Strictly and now that ITV have Rising Star its doubly imperative.
  • Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,799
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    After the battles each coach will have 7 contestants left (including one "steal" in the battles).
    The coach chooses one contestant to "fast pass" through to the Lives automatically.
    The other 6 are split into 2 groups of 3 and each has to sing.
    The coach chooses one from each group to go through to the Lives so 3 people go through from each coach, making 12 in all to go through to the quarter finals.
    The Knockouts are over 2 weeks. The Lives are over 3 weeks.

That's how they did it last year but of course they could decide to change it a bit.

The coaches being able to fast track contestants is a huge flaw as its so easy for the public to think they are voting for people the coaches think are second best. It just devalues the process and sends out a ridiculously early message to the other remaining team members(and the public) that they aren't first choice.
  • InMyArmsInMyArms Posts: 50,792
    Forum Member
    I stopped watching after episode one, I just didn't have the motivation to continue which is a shame because i've never missed a previous series of The Voice (or The X Factor either..)
  • snafu65snafu65 Posts: 18,213
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Afraid so yes, it all goes a bit too X Factor for my liking from here.
  • xNATILLYxxNATILLYx Posts: 6,509
    Forum Member
    I really like the battles , its my fave part of the show. The auditions are great at the start but the last couple of weeks have been mostly boring & dragged. I am happy it is now the next stage of the show.
  • Ice dragon1Ice dragon1 Posts: 19,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    clivefield wrote: »
    Saturday night takeaway will beat the voice hands down next week im afradi

Sorry what was that :p