Options

The Wright Stuff Discussion Thread (Part 3)

Comments

• Options
    JeffersonJefferson Posts: 3,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Steve Furst just did his Daily Mail voice and nobody laughed. Looks like people don't find it funny anymore.

He was never funny. Today the prat was trying to tell the viewers it was Mail readers who were asking for gcse exams to be remarked - because the news item was in the Mail.

Lie about stuff like this and no one should believe you about other stuff.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 66
    Forum Member
    thomscn wrote: »
    Your post is wrong on so many levels

It is my opinion I like him and always have.
    Your entitled to yours just as I am mind
  • Options
    IzzySIzzyS Posts: 11,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I used to like Hardeep but I can't help but feel he's too over the top deadpan nowadays (for my taste). Its as if he tries too hard? :-/ and I actually tend to like a bit of sarcastic comedy!.
  • Options
    cavallicavalli Posts: 18,738
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    I used to like Hardeep but I can't help but feel he's too over the top deadpan nowadays (for my taste). Its as if he tries too hard? :-/ and I actually tend to like a bit of sarcastic comedy!.

Yes, the trying too hard thing is what makes him uncomfortable to watch...well that and being painfully unfunny of course.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was "interesting" how the panel thought it hilarious on hearing the vindictive caller had destroyed the the clothes and house of a former partner.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jefferson wrote: »
    It was "interesting" how the panel thought it hilarious on hearing the vindictive caller had destroyed the the clothes and house of a former partner.

and then they went on and got married - ehhh? that was a bit bizarre. I'm not sure if it was a wind up call or slightly exaggerated or what. By 'destroying his property', did she hint she'd set a fire off? :o
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I am not amused by hardeep but he came down on that one pretty hard

Someone got their ear chewed off
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    He was never funny. Today the prat was trying to tell the viewers it was Mail readers who were asking for gcse exams to be remarked - because the news item was in the Mail.

Lie about stuff like this and no one should believe you about other stuff.

That was as ignorant and as stupid as the right wing people they mock.

Nowadays I find smug 'lefties' as unlikable as nasty 'righties'.
    Especially on this show. You notice when the panel is made up mostly of left wing supporters they predictably take the same old easy, lazy potshots. But it's rarely informed or intelligent, it's just going for cheap shots. I wouldn't vote for UKIP but the amount of childish digs this show fires at them is ridiculous and quite often as misguided as the example you gave of a panelist getting something wrong.
  • Options
    AlrightmateAlrightmate Posts: 73,120
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

It was funny though at the point where she said that she wouldn't humiliate him online because 'that would just be wrong'.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    The sick man of Europe off again. Does any other presenter miss so many of their own shows?

Hardup - A nice **** you from Wrighty.

I woke up to this and just shouted "OH NO!"

I still watched as I was barely awake and intended to bail after the papers, but I just watched it all while doing other stuff. Hardup Forlaughs is still as terrible a presenter as ever. Like Furst's unlaughable joke, Hardup did one as well - something involving a chocolate bar: "I paid 53p for that and still no-one laughed".

Just terrible all round. Terrible host, terrible panel and while I do feel sorry for what Katie Piper went through, I've seen her tell her story enough times. I presume she had something to sell, but I can't remember what it was.
  • Options
    HoffmisterHoffmister Posts: 12,037
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    tumble weeds all over the place
  • Options
    boksboxboksbox Posts: 4,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The didn't think anything of the sort, it was the caller doing the laughing.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am not amused by hardeep but he came down on that one pretty hard

Someone got their ear chewed off

As a slum landlord he won't take kindly to people damaging property.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »

You couldn't have been looking at the screen - check it out again on Ch5 plus 24 hours.
  • Options
    broadshoulderbroadshoulder Posts: 18,758
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    boksbox wrote: »

the caller was unbelievable - I am glad Hardeep pulled her up on it
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You couldn't have been looking at the screen - check it out again on Ch5 plus 24 hours.

Only covers 7pm to Midnight. Demand5 is the only option now.
  • Options
    LillithLillith Posts: 946
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has Matthew got no immune system?
    If he worked where I do he would have been hauled up in front of HR for having so much time off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't even find the popular rotting fish behavior funny. The acid attack girl seemed to be delighted by that one as well. But the faces of the other two weren't shown at that point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hardeep is hosting again. He can be so patronising sometimes(!) what did he say to that baker guy - hush your pretty mouth? ugh!. I was trying to think who (that is caucasian) to compare him to, comedy wise (not necessarily joke wise but delivery wise), all I can think of is perhaps Jimmy Carr? though he's not as rude as he can be, I think.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    I woke up to this and just shouted "OH NO!"

I still watched as I was barely awake and intended to bail after the papers, but I just watched it all while doing other stuff. Hardup Forlaughs is still as terrible a presenter as ever. Like Furst's unlaughable joke, Hardup did one as well - something involving a chocolate bar: "I paid 53p for that and still no-one laughed".

Just terrible all round. Terrible host, terrible panel and while I do feel sorry for what Katie Piper went through, I've seen her tell her story enough times. I presume she had something to sell, but I can't remember what it was.

Yeah, thats when he'd brought in a chocolate bar and made the 'joke' that why do you need to buy a chocolate based Pot Noodle, when you could just get some hot water and melt this into a cup and there you go, your good to go! or something similar. Its not really a joke though, is it?. Then he grumbled 'well that joke cost me 53p and didn't get one laugh from it - thanks guys!' (or similar).

Katie Piper was there to promote her second biograpy. They said the first one was about her life before the acid attack and the second one starts off with her leaving home again after having recovered from the surgery, if I remember right. I respect her. Its sad how much emphasis we put on peoples looks, in society.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IzzyS wrote: »
    Hardeep is hosting again.

Well, let`s face it, he`d be sitting at home watching it if he wasn`t on it! I don`t imagine he`s swamped with offers of work, especially telly work, what with his unsavoury rep.........

Bets on the fish-botherer skiving off tomorrow as well to make it a nice long weekend?
  • Options
    man in the parkman in the park Posts: 4,568
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who is the guest today?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Who is the guest today?

Ed Kimber. He was the winner of the Great British Bake Off in 2010. I had no idea the show had been going that long(!). I don't watch it, or The Apprentice, X Factor etc. if I can at all avoid it hehe might watch Strictly ocassionally.

Oh there's Simon Danczuk too, the Labour MP for Rochdale.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Straker wrote: »
    Well, let`s face it, he`d be sitting at home watching it if he wasn`t on it! I don`t imagine he`s swamped with offers of work, especially telly work, what with his unsavoury rep.........

Bets on the fish-botherer skiving off tomorrow as well to make it a nice long weekend?

Does he still live in Glasgow, or have the Glaswegians kicked him out due to how often he has a go at them, I wonder?.

I'd hope he'll be back tomorrow, I quite like the spats between him and his 'bezza mate' O'Sullivan :blush:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lillith wrote: »
    Has Matthew got no immune system?
    If he worked where I do he would have been hauled up in front of HR for having so much time off.

I get the impression he has quite an "indulgent" lifestyle. A bit like the Wolf of Wall Street.
This discussion has been closed.