Options

Chicago PD

Comments

• Options
    TiffaniTiffani Posts: 5,444
    Forum Member
    Very good, dramatic first episode, well worth watching even if you hadn't seen Chicago Fire. It's a shame its stuck on Five USA instead of CH5 cos it wont get the audience it deserves. Hopefully they will show the whole series and not mess around with the timeslot.
  • Options
    deadmancarldeadmancarl Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. It's quite good seeing the Fire characters crossing over as well, as we are used to seeing some of the PD lot in Fire.
    If you have seen Season 2 of Fire then you have most all of the characters already
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A decent start. I'm hoping it's going to be less soapy than Fire.
  • Options
    julie2009julie2009 Posts: 4,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I watched it last night and really enjoyed it. It's quite good seeing the Fire characters crossing over as well, as we are used to seeing some of the PD lot in Fire.
    If you have seen Season 2 of Fire then you have most all of the characters already

I liked that crossover too with Herrman and Otis featuring in the first episode.
    Can someone please tell me Taylor Kinney (Severide) features in this show too because it is too long to wait until series 3 airs in the UK
  • Options
    JJ75JJ75 Posts: 1,954
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    julie2009 wrote: »
    I liked that crossover too with Herrman and Otis featuring in the first episode.
    Can someone please tell me Taylor Kinney (Severide) features in this show too because it is too long to wait until series 3 airs in the UK[/QUOTE]

Am with you on that ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone please tell me Taylor Kinney (Severide) features in this show too because it is too long to wait until series 3 airs in the UK

Without knowing for sure, I would say he does as there was an episode of Fire, where he turns up to PD and has a chat with Lindsay, and by the nature of the chat it looked like they had gotten to know each other more than just the time of the blackout.
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D ;-) :p does that tell you what you need to know? I won't say anymore as I wouldn't want to spoil anything
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Confused by last night's episode - they were told that Poupul (sp?) was being brought out of jail to act as bait for the guy they wanted to catch, but how exactly was he used as bait? He was held in the police station the whole time and as far as I could tell, the bad guy didn't know that he was out? He did make a phone call to get Antonio in to drive the truck, but surely he could just as well have made the phone call from prison? Why didn't they just make the deal with him in prison?

As for nobody searching his girlfriend and son before they visited him, totally unbelievable.
  • Options
    shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glad the missing bit of the hospital explosion has finally been explained! This is why it's silly that this wasn't picked up by Liviing and shown alongside Chicago Fire. At least we know now that Shay didn't just make a miraculous recovery!

I got bored of waiting and watched the last few episodes online, and have caught up with season two as well. :D
  • Options
    crowning73crowning73 Posts: 169
    Forum Member
    Last night the voiceover said something about the show coming back in January, did I get this right? The episode was unfinished maybe I missed something..
  • Options
    Sunny BSunny B Posts: 7,359
    Forum Member
    crowning73 wrote: »
    Last night the voiceover said something about the show coming back in January, did I get this right? The episode was unfinished maybe I missed something..

Yeah it was the last in the series last night. Season 2 starts in January :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sunny B wrote: »
    Yeah it was the last in the series last night. Season 2 starts in January :)

So the new series will start with the second part of last night episode? A bit weird no?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So the new series will start with the second part of last night episode? A bit weird no?

I watched this us pace so it's been a while since I saw the episode but I don't know what you mean by the episode being unfinished? Do you mean it ended with a cliffhanger that's nothing unusual it's what a lot of shows do to make sure you tune in for the new season lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    natalie77 wrote: »
    I watched this us pace so it's been a while since I saw the episode but I don't know what you mean by the episode being unfinished? Do you mean it ended with a cliffhanger that's nothing unusual it's what a lot of shows do to make sure you tune in for the new season lol

Well yeah I know what you mean I mentioned 1st and 2nd part merely cos the voiceover at the beginning said "and now the 1st part of Chicago PD series finale" so that's what I expected, second part next week..well so I assumed..
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    Well yeah I know what you mean I mentioned 1st and 2nd part merely cos the voiceover at the beginning said "and now the 1st part of Chicago PD series finale" so that's what I expected, second part next week..well so I assumed..

There's a bit of a logic failure in announcing S1Ep13 as "the first part of [the] series finale" (presume this was a 5USA announcer as an American voiceover would have said "season finale") if 'Part 2' of the first season finale is actually Episode 1 of the 2nd season :confused::confused:

S2Ep01 cannot possibly be the 'finale' to Season 1 - it may well be the concluding part of the story that began in the Season 1 finale but it can't itself be a Season 1 finale :o
  • Options
    Callum CollumCallum Collum Posts: 4,184
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah right. I did not know that was the last in the the series/season!

I see now that the second season started about a month ago in the USA.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    phil solo wrote: »
    There's a bit of a logic failure in announcing S1Ep13 as "the first part of [the] series finale" (presume this was a 5USA announcer as an American voiceover would have said "season finale") if 'Part 2' of the first season finale is actually Episode 1 of the 2nd season :confused::confused:

S2Ep01 cannot possibly be the 'finale' to Season 1 - it may well be the concluding part of the story that began in the Season 1 finale but it can't itself be a Season 1 finale :o

I've just watched my sky recording and the announcer on 5 USA just says 'the season finale' no mention of part 1!! Also I'd forgotten that it ended so abruptly (luckily I do know what happens next ;-))
  • Options
    phil solophil solo Posts: 9,669
    Forum Member
    That makes much more sense! Case solved! :D
  • Options
    catsittercatsitter Posts: 4,245
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I am shocked to read that Voight's working methods, including the "cage", are actually true-to-life for the Chicago police force:

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/feb/24/chicago-police-detain-americans-black-site
    http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/mar/03/chicago-police-violence-homan-square

I assumed it was just artistic licence or based on old stories which would never happen today, but apparently not.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Season 2 starts Wednesday 8th April at 9pm (on 5USA).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Season 2 starts Wednesday 8th April at 9pm (on 5USA).
    Thats good news. It looks like we are getting this before we get season 3 of Chicago Fire
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,674
    Forum Member
    Season 3 starts on 5USA on Thursday 16th June at 9pm.

(Moved from Wednesdays where Chicago Fire is still showing)
  • Options
    Hamlet77Hamlet77 Posts: 22,440
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dancc wrote: »
    Season 3 starts on 5USA on Thursday 16th June at 9pm.

(Moved from Wednesdays where Chicago Fire is still showing)

Bout b****y time, been waiting far too long for this season.
  • Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,659
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And how many crossovers ruin this season....?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chicago Fire is back the week before, so hopefully they will be in sync this year in terms of cross overs