Options

_ Out - Why? (spoiler)

2»

Comments

• Options
    ChristaChrista Posts: 17,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ridiculous, one of the most talented this season & a potential winner.
    I like them both but he was better than Danny.
  • Options
    rockjackrockjack Posts: 13,897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i agree he was better than danny in some bits of hollwood week

i thought he was top 5, with the rooms reaction to him going:eek:

must of been a producers decision?:mad:

Because he was so good?:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Absolute BS that they judges said he didn't stand out! He was one of the only contestants who DID stand out.

Thought he was MUCH better than his friend, who I thought was a bit boring/generic.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I was shocked, what a shady decision. He was in my top 5.
  • Options
    Kyle123Kyle123 Posts: 25,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like him a lot more than his friend... :o
  • Options
    Queen MaeveQueen Maeve Posts: 22,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Travesty.....dumb ass producers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ukdiva23 wrote: »
    I really liked him, i was so shocked when he didn't make the cut, i thought he stood out more than some of the others who got through. Loved his rendition of 'Deliah' during Hollywood week, infact, loved everything he did during Hollywood week, and was looking forward to seeing him in the live shows. :(
    Me too - out of everything I've heard this season on AI - that actually made me go to the net to see if I could hear it again.

He's got a great voice, he's edgy & he's original - the combination meant to me he was a potential winner.

I don't agree with the judges that his risks in Hollywood week didn't pay off - unless they heard really bad stuff that wasn't aired.

Danny is not current enough - he's got a nice voice - but he's bland - & seems a lot older than he is.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    maybe people are fed up with made up names
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just finished watching.

So Anoop, Norman Gentle & Tatiana but not Jamar? :eek:

Is this some kinda piss take?
  • Options
    ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    The whole thing is stupid- what makes it even more ridiculous is that they were saying he wasn't even good enough to 'sing-off' with anyone else?!

To say he didn't stand out was just a complete cop-out, he had a really good voice, and a style of his own..... He was one of the very few male contestants that I remembered.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    Have to agree with whoever outlined that they did it to kind of get some sort of 2 minute episode of "OMG and making people upset between two best mates who have just got split up" what pisses me off though is whilst they do this aspiring singers such as Jamal are thrown to the side for no reason other then to cater to the % of the population who want to see people get upset

Not only this but this argument is outlined by putting twice, two friends against each other in the showdown, how ironic was it that seacrest went "and they have striked a bond over the season"

So pissed off!
  • Options
    nats18nats18 Posts: 8,216
    Forum Member
    I thought he was one of the best singers and from what i saw in the ep the other contestants thought so too it looked to me like they'd stood up to cheer him when he came down and were shocked to silence when he didn't go through though the judges seemed to be implying he'll make it next year. He definetely deserved a spot. I didn't see the ep on thurs so I missed the second half of hollywood week but they gave a spot to the comedy guy how insulting is that to the singers that didn't make it
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 190
    Forum Member
    Didn't deserve to go.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Christa wrote: »
    Me too - out of everything I've heard this season on AI - that actually made me go to the net to see if I could hear it again.

He's got a great voice, he's edgy & he's original - the combination meant to me he was a potential winner.

I don't agree with the judges that his risks in Hollywood week didn't pay off - unless they heard really bad stuff that wasn't aired.

Danny is not current enough - he's got a nice voice - but he's bland - & seems a lot older than he is

Thank you Danny is not current at all. He's got a nice voice but he isn't a star. They keep saying they want to find a star but when they actually do find a star in Jamar, they get rid of him.

Jamar had charisma, his own style, and adifferent voice, and no offense to Danny but you can find a thousand Dannys anywhere and that's the truth. I know Dannys going to do good in the competition because they've pimped the hell out of him, but mark my words after the show JAMAR IS GOING TO BECOME THE BIG STAR AND NOT DANNY!
  • Options
    ribtickleribtickle Posts: 6,361
    Forum Member
    I liked him, he should have made it through to the final 36, but neither he nor Danny are the best male singers in the competition IMO - that's Adam and Matt.

Perhaps it's just my imagination, but I have a sneaking feeling the producers, who have been keeping in drama queen Tatiana and drama king Norman, would have hesitated at having Jamar and Danny in the show together.

If you didn't know the story of their friendship through tough times you'd swear they were lovers! All the looking out for each other, the hugging, the tears.

There's only so much 'gay' TV Americans can withstand, and with Adam, Norman and that tattooed lad already on the bill they perhaps felt they had to break up the 'couple', especially if they see Danny as a likely winner and Jamar's loving friendship possibly detracting from the tragic and alone storyline.
  • Options
    MikePJBMikePJB Posts: 5,514
    Forum Member
    They're the ones you should be cheering on as they've got through on talent alone and aren't the producers chosen ones or plants.

I'd rather hear them sing first than cheer people on who I have no clue as to whether are good enough to get through or not.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ribtickle wrote: »
    If you didn't know the story of their friendship through tough times you'd swear they were lovers! All the looking out for each other, the hugging, the tears.

There's only so much 'gay' TV Americans can withstand, and with Adam, Norman and that tattooed lad already on the bill they perhaps felt they had to break up the 'couple', especially if they see Danny as a likely winner and Jamar's loving friendship possibly detracting from the tragic and alone storyline.

:confused:

Unintentionally hilarious post.

They're not gay. Hugging doesn't = being gay!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    ribtickle wrote: »
    I liked him, he should have made it through to the final 36, but neither he nor Danny are the best male singers in the competition IMO - that's Adam and Matt.

Perhaps it's just my imagination, but I have a sneaking feeling the producers, who have been keeping in drama queen Tatiana and drama king Norman, would have hesitated at having Jamar and Danny in the show together.

LOL at the gay thing, but to say that they didn't putting Jamar through because of his "EXTRA CLOSE" relationship with Danny. They actually have 5 gay guys they put through this season theater junkie Adam, Nick and his alter ego Norman, the freaky peirced Nathan, the shouter Von, and little Jorge. As typing this you may have a point maybe they filled up on their gay quota and Jamar had peircings like Nathan so maybe they couldn't have 2 gay people with peircings. LOL
  • Options
    Singy ThingySingy Thingy Posts: 4,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was better than some who made it, but not as good as others, and he was likeable,but not one of the outstanding (good or bad) characters of this season.

Some of the character auditionees are reasonably good (in the context of the show) singers. This left him in the unfortunate position of being good enough to deserve to go through, but unnecessary for the overall good of the show. That gave him a 50/50 chance to stay or go . I honestly would have been happy to see him stay, but am not surprised that he didn't make it.
    Maybe he will try again and be put through then.
  • Options
    footygirlfootygirl Posts: 35,212
    Forum Member
    When Jamar was being given the verdict by Kara I got the impression that Paula didn't agree with booting him out going by her body language
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,112
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't see why Jamar went out when singers like Nick Mitchell/Norman Gentle and Tatiana are threw. Really liked him and I'm sad he's out. But I do agree that they would have done it for the drama. I thought they'd sing off against each other! (Don't get me wrong I really like Danny)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 284
    Forum Member
    I dont agree with people saying that Danny is bland and not a good singer compared to others, i agree Jamar shouldnt have gone out but come on, danny is just as good as Adam
  • Options
    galenagalena Posts: 7,277
    Forum Member
    Sorry - but Jamar out at the expense of at least two other singers is wrong! Comments?

I think myself they just wanted to focus on the heartrending story of the two friends, and the sorrow when one gets through and the other doesn't. A lot of decisions they made seemed blatantly media-driven - especially the bit at the end where the two 'roughneck' guys had to sing off against each other - bit pointless really when there were places for both of them and clearly done to create drama.