Options

Eileen is starting to annoy me

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I always liked Eileen. I found her partnership with Steve really funny and always felt she was one of the more grounded members of the Street. However, of late she is really starting to grate: she wallows in self-pity and is sarcastic and sharp with Rosie and Sally, for example. I find her a right misery and I'm not engaging with her present storyline.

Comments

• Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think I would be sarcastic and sharp with Sally and Rosie too tbh.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    i wish they killed her off...years ago :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I really really wish they'd give her character a break. It broke my heart when she was alone at Christmas!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    she should never have got involved with Paul the fireman hate to say this but she`s someone who`s
    better off single
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,163
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They seem to be at a real loss as to where to take this character, she's not really served any purpose since she quit the cab office.

Any involvement they've given her since has always seemed to border on the farcical.

This latest thing with the fireman who's been so memorable I can't even recall his name, has been utter drivel even by Corrie's standards.
  • Options
    OldnjadedOldnjaded Posts: 89,126
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They seem to be at a real loss as to where to take this character, she's not really served any purpose since she quit the cab office.

Any involvement they've given her since has always seemed to border on the farcical.

This latest thing with the fireman who's been so memorable I can't even recall his name, has been utter drivel even by Corrie's standards.

He's called 'Tiny Fireman' :D
  • Options
    cjsmummycjsmummy Posts: 11,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »
    :D:D:D
  • Options
    girlfrommarsgirlfrommars Posts: 2,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oldnjaded wrote: »

He is far too tiny for Eileen. I don't mean it in a horrible way but when they are on screen together Eileens head is bigger than his body and he gets lost in the background.
  • Options
    KornerKabinKornerKabin Posts: 20,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eileen leaving the cab office was one of the worst moves, not letting her get her job back when she asked a few months ago was even worse!
  • Options
    jsmith99jsmith99 Posts: 20,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I agree; she's a lovely character, and deserves better storylines than she's had for the last couple of years.

Why can't she get back to the cab office now? There's no-one to run the office, unless steve stops driving.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    gee0904 wrote: »
    I really really wish they'd give her character a break. It broke my heart when she was alone at Christmas!

well did have that turkey..She couldve put it on her head (like Mr bean) walked into Emily's and gone ..arrggghh at her :D
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it's a nice storyline as a lot of people are in the same position with loved spouses having dementia. I'm glad they both have a "friend" to turn to when the chips are down.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 246
    Forum Member
    I really hope that they would bring her back to the cab office.
  • Options
    joopyjoopy Posts: 1,353
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Terrible character when she's brought to the forefront - which people were clamouring for. Her storyline manages to be simultaneously depressing and annoying.

Fun background character though. Looking forward to her going back there.
  • Options
    Hollywood1989Hollywood1989 Posts: 992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Big Eileen can come across a bit up herself at times.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 793
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find her character interesting, as she is of that age when the kids are old enough to move out but she hasn't got anyone to "fill in the gap", therefore she fills up her house with lodgers so as not to be lonely. I thought the portrayal of being all alone at Christmas, as it must be for so many at that time of year, quite realistic.

However, I have noticed a change in her the last month or so - she's really not that nice any more and I much prefer the sparkly Julie than her.
  • Options
    TinpotTinpot Posts: 2,731
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Add me to the list. Terrible recently.
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love Eileen.

The scene with the turkey on xmas day was hilarious :D
  • Options
    gamekeepersgalgamekeepersgal Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I started a thread the other day asking who the hell she thinks she is lately. Proved my point again tonight the way she spoke to Julie and her fella in the pub! Nasty woman.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 891
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    well did have that turkey..She couldve put it on her head (like Mr bean) walked into Emily's and gone ..arrggghh at her :D

Hahaha :D Now that would've made tuning in on Christmas day worth while!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 449
    Forum Member
    I like Eileen, reminds me so much of a close friend of mine, she just needs a decent storyline and a break from the misery. Her sarcasm can be really funny.
  • Options
    riverside 57riverside 57 Posts: 14,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love Eileen! It's the characters that surround her that make her so dull! Horrible people! I also like Julie but that numpty of a schoolteacher is ruining her!

I'd love more scenes like the one where Eileen and Julie got together to steal the files from Owen's yard! They worked brilliantly together! And I agree the character needs a break from misery storylines! Realistically, someone like Eileen in real life most likely wouldn't be alone!