Ideas for a Radio 'mini-teach'

6262 Posts: 295
Forum Member
As part of a college course, I have to do a 20-minute class on a subject of my choice.

As I worked in the business on and off for 20 years, I'd like to do it on Radio but I'm a tad unsure what angle to take.

I'd love to hear suggestions from broadcast professionals and anyone in the college sector alike.

All help gratefully received! :)

Comments

• bigc127bigc127 Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PTLLS by any chance?
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The key differences and pros/cons between commercial/state-owned/community and internet radio stations and their respective likely future prospects? Would also be an easy way to get a Socratic element into it, maybe start with asking them what they already know about each sector?
  • 6262 Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Interesting idea, thanks! :)

And, yes, it is PTLLs.

Have you done it?
  • andrew1973andrew1973 Posts: 926
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is that a bit like the 7407? I started doing that but then had to do a PGCE for FE teaching a year later (heck of a long story!), but I had to do a microteach for both of those! They are good fun but also scary so good luck with it! You have my empathy for sure!
  • bigc127bigc127 Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes, I've done PTLLS. Try to include an activity that will engage the learners (who are obviously other students of the course). You could ask them to write a link/segment after demonstrating/explaining the requirements. Think about how you can "Bloom" your microteach. Its not about your knowledge, but about how you convey it to them :)