Options

Why are the Judges pushing Rough copy so much- am I missing something?

SCUSASCUSA Posts: 801
Forum Member
✭✭
I haven't been impressed with Rough Copy at all as they are very mediocre. But it seems obvious that the judges are really trying to give them a boost. Are they really that good and I'm just missing something? and Is there really that big of a gap in the market for Rough Copy?

Comments

• Options
    ChelseaaKylexChelseaaKylex Posts: 516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't quite understand either...
  • Options
    mmpfbmmpfb Posts: 14,768
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, you're not missing anything.
  • Options
    Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCUSA wrote: »
    I haven't been impressed with Rough Copy at all as they are very mediocre. But it seems obvious that the judges are really trying to give them a boost. Are they really that good and I'm just missing something? and Is there really that big of a gap in the market for Rough Copy?

There is a gap for a R+B boyband but it's a hard one to become very successful but not impossible by any means
  • Options
    shirlt9shirlt9 Posts: 5,085
    Forum Member
    I didn't rate them much to begin with..just thought of them as another group..but I have found myself looking forward to their performance each week..Rough Copy along with Sam Bailey aremy favourites..
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 767
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SCUSA wrote: »

Yes. They are Gary's only chance. It should have been the girls but they were not up to it. Alpha judge wants a finalist!
  • Options
    twsstwss Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    Because JLS are breaking up.
  • Options
    CharlotteswebCharlottesweb Posts: 18,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    twss wrote: »

I'm not so sure. In terms of the show, I think its more that they don't want gary with no acts this early.
  • Options
    EvannahEvannah Posts: 1,638
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get the appeal either. They were good last week, but that's all.
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not missing anything but reason pushing so hard is because JLS are leaving a gap behind in the market
  • Options
    xTonixxTonix Posts: 56,273
    Forum Member

They will never be as good as JLS, I agree with the OP.
  • Options
    steve2013steve2013 Posts: 2,167
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xTonix wrote: »

They wont be but Producers dont think like that lol
  • Options
    rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think you're missing anything, they are mediocre at best, the little one who bounces around has a very weak voice and they seem to me to be getting praised basically for the clothes they get put in setting them apart a bit from the rest.
  • Options
    twsstwss Posts: 437
    Forum Member
    xTonix wrote: »

Quality is irrelevant. A gap has been created and they want to fill it.

The exact same will happen when One Direction pack it in (hopefully soon).
  • Options
    wise-upwise-up Posts: 2,023
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, I liked them week one but since then they have not lived up to expectations. Last week showed they have potential and can be great performers but their harmonies are weak and they rely too much on the loud backing tracks. It is annoying me that nobody says anything about these harmonies. Little mix were critiqued for their harmonies and told to make them tighter by both Gary and Kelly and they had only been together a few months so it was forgivable. Rough copy have been together 5 years and cannot harmonise as good as little mix did after only a few months together yet they never receive criticism for it.:mad:
  • Options
    MenkMenk Posts: 13,831
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oh they are not good at all! Last night was abysmal - almost comical!
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't really get Rough Copy either. I think they're OK, but not as amazing as the judges makes out. I'm always left a little bit underwhelmed by their performances.
  • Options
    duncannduncann Posts: 11,969
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They are patchy to say the least - great last week, meh this week. They appeared not to understand a single line of that song's lyric and their body language was at total odds with what they were singing. It was just illiterate really.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They WERE good - until Barlow got his hands on them for the live shows.

Watch them in the auditions, they really can sing and their harmonies are amazing. But the live show has ruined them with awful song choices, dreadful styling etc.

The judges know their potential, that's why they are always bigging them up. But it hasn't been realised yet.
  • Options
    xeoxeo Posts: 6,429
    Forum Member
    They're my least favourites. I find myself doing other stuff while they're on - I don't understand why they're being hyped up so much.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Because they are awesome. Why else not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,418
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quality is irrelevant. A gap has been created and they want to fill it.

The exact same will happen when One Direction pack it in (hopefully soon).

There is no gap JLS is leaving, they are splitting because there is no gap left to fill, its outdated music.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,003
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like them. Have done from the first live show. I like their presentation and image. How funny it is, whenever a judge or judges make a nice word about somebody, suddenly they are pushing that act to win - if that were the case, they would all win. Or when they say something bad, it's to make us sympathy vote because they want them to win - eeeeeek!! Paranoia, paranoia!!
  • Options
    SageDragonSageDragon Posts: 456
    Forum Member
    Because they like to have at least one commercially successful act from each series, and they're looking like the best prospect. Which doesn't say much...