Options

Michael Hutchence

Comments

• Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    I doubt Tiger's 'half-sisters' have played a big enough role in her life to date to have made much difference to her life and future. God knows Peaches has only just gotten herself together. Fine example of parenting from Bob she has had....
    A 3 year old child would never have missed half-sisters she probably hardly knew anyway, she would never have even remembered them had she been given to her rightful family to live with when her mother died. It is sad that she has half-sisters she knows, but did not know her grandparents and extended family. They matter more than half-siblings in my opinion. I bet Tiger means nothing to Peaches and Pixie these days. The child was denied her birthright, it was stolen from her. Shame.

I disagree. I have three children - my oldest are whole siblings and the youngest is their half sibling. My youngest, who is one, idolises her older siblings and looks for them round the house after they've gone to school etc. I can say that without a doubt they mean more to her than her grandparents, who she sees every week.
  • Options
    HmmbopHmmbop Posts: 2,099
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does selling a story to a magazine make you unfit to raise your own flesh and blood?
    Does a man who has no blood connection with a child have the right to decide her future as opposed to her own blood family...? given all of Tiger's Australian relatives was Bob Geldof the ONLY person who had the right to claim her?

The child was denied her birthright because of Bob Geldof's influence here and his way of saying to Michael's family...'your son/brother took my wife, now I'm taking your grand-daughter/niece'. I have no doubt the man acted out of spite and bitterness. A sore loser. He has never married his own girlfriend though eh...?

Honestly it blows my mind that you would think someone would go through at least 14 years of raising another couples child to do it out of spite. That sounds totally far out and really rather silly to me.

I think your over estimating the 'influence' Bob geldof has here.

What's him and Jeanne not getting married got to do with anything?:confused:
  • Options
    ViridianaViridiana Posts: 8,017
    Forum Member
    I doubt Tiger's 'half-sisters' have played a big enough role in her life to date to have made much difference to her life and future. God knows Peaches has only just gotten herself together. Fine example of parenting from Bob she has had....
    A 3 year old child would never have missed half-sisters she probably hardly knew anyway, she would never have even remembered them had she been given to her rightful family to live with when her mother died. It is sad that she has half-sisters she knows, but did not know her grandparents and extended family. They matter more than half-siblings in my opinion. I bet Tiger means nothing to Peaches and Pixie these days. The child was denied her birthright, it was stolen from her. Shame.

In what way do her sisters differ from any other sisters for you to say they did not made much difference?! They were all super young when Paula died and you think they had no impact in her life? Unbelievable.
    Well her half sisters are actually her closest relatives, since you think "blood" is so important, you make it sound like the child grew up with strangers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hmmbop wrote: »
    Honestly it blows my mind that you would think someone would go through at least 14 years of raising another couples child to do it out of spite. That sounds totally far out and really rather silly to me.

:

Same, I do not believe people would even think something like this.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    In what way do her sisters differ from any other sisters for you to say they did not made much difference?! They were all super young when Paula died and you think they had no impact in her life? Unbelievable.
    We'll her half sisters are actually her closest relatives, since you think "blood" is so important, you make it sound like the child grew up with strangers.

I know. It's just mind boggling! :eek:

My sister is 12 years older than me and my brother 8 years. I essentially grew up with my parents in the house as an only child as my brother went off to uni and my sis got married. But they were both then and still are a massive part of my life.

It's dreadful to try and minimise the role of Tigers 3 sisters throughout her life. They all must have needed each other so much, especially in the months after losing their mum!
  • Options
    Rae_AmuryRae_Amury Posts: 588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I firmly believe it would have been long term, much more detrimental to TIger to have been brought up without the love and camaraderie of her big sisters over the years. They share something together no aunt , granny etc could ever give her. To me that's a no brainer. I'm sorry she had to lose either of her parents but I'm glad that the country she was orphaned in was the UK. I bet TIger is too now she's grown up. It probably terrifies her to think she could have been separated from her sisters for all those years.

The same can be said about her granny and aunt though - they could have given her something that her sisters couldn't and share a lot of things with her, including a view on her father from a perspective of someone who loved him dearly, his mother. That's also important. Grannies and aunts are in a lot of cases the dotting mother figures to children who lost their moms from what I know.

I am tired of talking and thinking about all this. Things are how they are and nobody can do anything with it now. I just know that Michael was a very lovely, gracious person, he loved Tiger more than anything and I hope that Tiger can see it too without any bitter feelings towards him or her mom.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rae_Amury wrote: »
    The same can be said about her granny and aunt though - they could have given her something that her sisters couldn't and share a lot of things with her, including a view on her father from a perspective of someone who loved him dearly, his mother. That's also important. Grannies and aunts are in a lot of cases the dotting mother figures to children who lost their moms from what I know.

I am tired from talking and thinking about this. Things are how they are and nobody can do anything with it now. I just know that Michael was a very lovely, gracious and precious person, he loved Tiger more than anything and I hope that Tiger can see it too without any bitter feelings towards him or her mom.

I also think she would have gotten a particular view about her mum from them and therein lies the problem. As far as I'm aware TIger has many godparents who were great friends of Michaels like NIck Cave, Martha Troup and Belinda Brewin to name a few who will be able to give her a loving balanced view of her dad. The INXS guys also said a few years ago, when she is ready,they will be there, And waiting to tell her all about her dad. I think they are the 5 best qualified men on planet to do that. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I know. It's just mind boggling! :eek:

My sister is 12 years older than me and my brother 8 years. I essentially grew up with my parents in the house as an only child as my brother went off to uni and my sis got married. But they were both then and still are a massive part of my life.

It's dreadful to try and minimise the roll of Tigers 3 sisters throughout her life. They all must have needed each other so much, especially in the months after losing their mum!

Of course!!! And from an orphan child perpective growing up with her all her sisters, after the loss of their mother, must have given her a semblance of normal life.
    I do not like Bob or his family to be honest but I think he had been irreproachable where Tiger is concerned.

I loved INXS, Big fan here and was really sad when Michael died, but people have to learn to separate the idol from the real person.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I also think she would have gotten a particular view about her mum from them and therein lies the problem. As far as I'm aware TIger has many godparents who were great friends of Michaels like NIck Cave, Martha Troup and Belinda Brewin to name a few who will be able to give her a loving balanced view of her dad. The INXS guys also said a few years ago, when she is ready,they will be there, And waiting to tell her all about her dad. I think they are the 5 best qualified men on planet to do that. :)

There is a lot of people around Tiger including Geldof and her sisters who give her a loving, balanced view of her mom, so if she was in a contact with Tina and Patricia and they tried to talk badly about Paula, I think they would have easily balanced that too.

You see a biased aunt and granny as a problem, but the fact she lives with a biased man who also doesn't talk nicely about Michael in public is not a problem at all. It's the exactly same situation, only reversed, can't you see it?
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Miss_Moo wrote: »
    I disagree. I have three children - my oldest are whole siblings and the youngest is their half sibling. My youngest, who is one, idolises her older siblings and looks for them round the house after they've gone to school etc. I can say that without a doubt they mean more to her than her grandparents, who she sees every week.

I agree with you, half sisters or not they had the same mother. My eldest has a different father to my younger two and they love each other deeply.

It would have been inhumane to separate sisters who had grown up together whose mother had died.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Viridiana wrote: »
    Of course!!! And from an orphan child perpective growing up with her all her sisters, after the loss of their mother, must have given her a semblance of normal life.
    I do not like Bob or his family to be honest but I think he had been irreproachable where Tiger is concerned.

I loved INXS, Big fan here and was really sad when Michael died, but people have to learn to separate the idol from the real person.

That's what I believe. I also think TIger must have been great for the girls as she was their little baby sister. Probably gave them all some focus in those early dark days after Paula's death.

Although it must seem like from my posts on this thread, I'm certainly no Bob fan either. But have to give him kudos where TIger is concerned.

INXS rocked my world for years. I was known all through my school years for my love of the band. Just loved them and Michael. I too have tried to separate MIchael from the idol. That's why I've tried to see all sides throughout the whole story mess.

God I'm miss him though. I often wonder what he'd look like now at 53 and if he'd still be woman mad:p Aw bless him. Miss you hutch!:cry:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There is a lot of people around Tiger including Geldof and her sisters who give her a loving, balanced view of her mom, so if she was in a contact with Tina and Patricia and they tried to talk badly about Paula, I think they would have easily balanced that too.

You see a biased aunt and granny as a problem, but the fact she lives with a biased man who also doesn't talk nicely about Michael in public is not a problem at all. It's the exactly same situation, only reversed, can't you see it?

I think you said a few posts back your relatively new to the whole MIchael era. Please excuse me if I'm wrong. I've been around through the good times and bad. And the granny and aunt as you put it were always very vocal over the years about just about everything to do with Bob, Paula, tiger, money, the will and even the remaining band members got a blasting for a while too. So I remember all of that.

Do you know bob bad mouths MIchael to TIger? Surely you're not basing it all on a couple craps songs he wrote a few years ago?

Tigers name is now Hutchence Geldof. She asked to be adopted by Bob several years ago and she uses both names. I truly don't believe Bob would bad mouth a little girl he has brought up into a young lady's father when she is obviously so aware of who he is. As if Bob would hurt TIger like that. I don't believe so.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you said a few posts back your relatively new to the whole MIchael era. Please excuse me if I'm wrong. I've been around through the good times and bad. And the granny and aunt as you put it were always very vocal over the years about just about everything to do with Bob, Paula, tiger, money, the will and even the remaining band members got a blasting for a while too. So I remember all of that.

Do you know bob bad mouths MIchael to TIger? Surely you're not basing it all on a couple craps songs he wrote a few years ago?

Tigers name is now Hutchence Geldof. She asked to be adopted by Bob several years ago and she uses both names. I truly don't believe Bob would bad mouth a little girl he has brought up into a young lady's father when she is obviously so aware of who he is. As if Bob would hurt TIger like that. I don't believe so.

I have never told that I am new, I have just told that I am not old enough to remember Michael well from the time he was around, I have discovered INXS when he was already gone. But I am very much aware of all things, articles and books that were written about this. I was on a few forums too (by the way, you remind me a lot of someone I used to have these talks with on one forum dedicated to miss Tiger ;) )

No, I don't know if Geldof bad mouths Michael to Tiger, I have never told that I think he does and I hope he doesn't do it. But I think he made it very public and clear that his feelings towards Michael are very bitter years after his death and that he blames all what has happened to Paula on him. He is just as biased as Patricia was when she was blaming it on Paula.

I am just saying that by preventing Tiger from being in a regular contact with her grandmother, he took something very precious from Tiger, something that can't really be compensated by anything and now it's too late. I just think that it was a mistake and a huge loss in Tiger's life.
  • Options
    whatever54whatever54 Posts: 6,456
    Forum Member
    Obviously this is not a funny thread but the very suggestion that Bob Geldof has clung onto Tiger as some sort of inheritance, meal ticket is laughable and completely absurd in my opinion.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have never told that I am new, I have just told that I am not old enough to remember Michael well from the time he was around, I have discovered INXS when he was already gone. But I am very much aware of all things, articles and books that were written about this. I was on a few forums too (by the way, you remind me a lot of someone I used to have these talks with on one forum dedicated to miss Tiger ;) )

No, I don't know if Geldof bad mouths Michael to Tiger, I have never told that I think he does and I hope he doesn't do it. But I think he made it very public and clear that his feelings towards Michael are very bitter years after his death and that he blames all what has happened to Paula on him. He is just as biased as Patricia was when she was blaming it on Paula.

I am just saying that by preventing Tiger from being in a regular contact with her grandmother, he took something very precious from Tiger, something that can't really be compensated by anything and now it's too late. I just think that it was a mistake and a huge loss in Tiger's life.

Never ever been a member of a TIger forum.

Oh sorry I thought you said in your last post Bob doesn't speak nicely about Michael in public and I was just suggesting that as a consequence of that, tiger would invariably hear it.

I lived through the whole thing along with the rest of the nation circa 94-97. Michael and Paula were hardly off the front pages!

Nope I disagree that he blames Michael for Paula's meltdown. From what I've read he says they just seemed to go on this crazy journey together. Paula became two people. The one Bob knew for 17 years and the new person she became with Michael. With drastic consequences. But if he did feel bitter about Michael I'm sure plenty of people would understand.

I think Tiger will be fine for the rest of her adult life despite not having had regular contact with her grandma. It's a sorry situation indeed, but there it is.

Now I'm off to bed as I've work in 9 hours!:sleep:
  • Options
    joe-mediajoe-media Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    This was meant to be a thread of remembrance of Michael Hutchence, and now it has become the very thing that lead to his death in such unfortunate circumstances. Five pages of it.

Please can we cease conversation about this unfortunate family feud and just remember Michael when he was in the band and his achievements instead?

I find it sad that a memorial thread turns into a deep conversation about the same quarrelling that caused him to commit suicide.

Thanks.
  • Options
    wildholliewildhollie Posts: 3,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    An Australian court would never have handed Tiger over to Bob Geldof. Under-aged half-sisters count for nothing, Bob Geldof had no blood ties whatsoever to Tiger and so he counted for nothing. Grandparents count, aunts and uncles count over half-sisters who are all under aged. Sadly Tiger was in England when her mother died, had she died in Sydney Tiger would have been raised by her Australian family and never handed over to her mother's ex-husband. Geldof has influence here so the courts decided in his favour. Michael's family never stood a chance in England. They had more claim on Tiger than he did, she was not his child. Tiger was stolen by Bob Geldof. I guess he controls her inheritance too.....

Under age sisters count for nothing ??? That's nice. I have 2 younger half siblings who i absolutely love to death and cannot even imagine being without. I am sure if you were to ask them if something terrible happened to their parents who would they prefer to live with ?

1) the older sister who has known and lived with them since their birth or
    2) someone who lives thousands of miles away that they barely know ?

It's also ridiculous to suggest that Bob "stole" Tiger.
    Both Michael's father and brother agreed that Bob was the best person to bring up Tiger together with her half sisters when the custody battles were raging. It's already been mentioned many times on here and in the media but you choose to ignore this ?

I'm also not a fan of Bob, but where Tiger is concerned he has taken in a 4 year old girl who has nothing to do with him except be related to his daughters and brought her up with nothing but love and care. If you look at any pictures of him with her you can see quite clearly they adore each other.

I also don't think for one minute he would bad mouth Michael to her, no matter his thoughts on it all he knows that Tiger is not to blame. And for anyone to suggest he is after her inheritance is ludicrous. He quite clearly stated at the time when it was discovered Michael's money had disappeared that Tiger had no need for the money as he would take care of her.

All in all it is a sad story, but the only people to blame here are Michael and Paula. If they hadn't been so selfish they would still be around to see their daughter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    joe-media wrote: »
    This was meant to be a thread of remembrance of Michael Hutchence, and now it has become the very thing that lead to his death in such unfortunate circumstances. Five pages of it.

Please can we cease conversation about this unfortunate family feud and just remember Michael when he was in the band and his achievements instead?

I find it sad that a memorial thread turns into a deep conversation about the same quarrelling that caused him to commit suicide.

Thanks.

It's called discussion.....and it's not a memorial thread or appreciation thread so anything regarding Michael can be discussed...
  • Options
    joe-mediajoe-media Posts: 225
    Forum Member
    I know what you mean about it being a discussion thread, but I created the thread with the intention of it being a place to most memories of Michael. I wanted to dedicate it to one of my idols.

I never met Michael but I always remember his birthday and anniversary of his death because I just love INXS and I have a lot of admiration for him.

From what you say, I can see that you aren't such a fain. That is not an issue but I just hope you can understand my reasons for posting this as such.

I created this thread on the 16th anniversary of his death which was only last week so I hope you can understand my point.

Thanks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wildhollie wrote: »
    It's called discussion.....and it's not a memorial thread or appreciation thread so anything regarding Michael can be discussed...

I agree wildhollie. Not a memorial or appreciation thread. I would imagine if it had of been named as either of those those it wouldnt have been half as active as it is now..

Its good to get talking about it actually. its interesting after all these years getting all the different perspectives on the whole sorry situation.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've just re-read this quote and I find it quite incredible! Tigers half sisters haven't played a big role in her life and haven't made much of a difference?!! WOW!

She wasn't three, she was 4 years and two months old when Paula died. She would never of missed her sisters who 'she hardly knew' anyway? Eh??:confused:

A family in Oz who she didn't know were more important than her actual blood relatives who she grew up with since she was born? Really?

Tiger means nothing to her sisters these days?:eek: What a nasty, ill informed and most certainly untrue thing to say.

Tigers birthright? What excatly does that mean? I'm genuinely confused, as she is half English and living in England was the only life she had ever known.

I noticed you always refer to her sisters as her half sisters but never to Tina as her half aunt. That's interesting in itself!.

I think you've read and watched too many Patricia and Tina interviews down there in Oz over the years, your opinion sounds very simlilar to the stuff they used to sell to the world on a regular basis back in the day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The photographs of Tiger, with the girls and Bob throughout the years, have all shown that the right decision was made to keep her with her sisters. Bob has protected her and allowed her to grow up privately. I

The photos of Tiger with her sisters at 15 are lovely.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know what you mean about it being a discussion thread, but I created the thread with the intention of it being a place to most memories of Michael. I wanted to dedicate it to one of my idols.

I never met Michael but I always remember his birthday and anniversary of his death because I just love INXS and I have a lot of admiration for him.

From what you say, I can see that you aren't such a fain. That is not an issue but I just hope you can understand my reasons for posting this as such.

I created this thread on the 16th anniversary of his death which was only last week so I hope you can understand my point.

Thanks.

If you read a few posts back you will see that i am a fan actually. I went to one of their concerts at Wembley in 91 and have most of their albums. I used to love INXS and thought Michael was the most charismatic, sexy and beautiful looking pop/rock stars of his day.

If you wanted this to be an appreciation thread you should of put that in the title, but like Hmmbop says it may not have been so active.

I think it's quite interesting to hear peoples views good and bad of the whole saga and to be fair, the whole Tiger Lily thing is pertinent to the thread don't you think ?
  • Options
    OsusanaOsusana Posts: 7,511
    Forum Member

Thanks.

The BIB - really?

There is one person responsible for his death and that is nothing to do with the comments raised on this thread.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member

Thanks.

You might have been better posting this in the music forum then instead of showbiz.

I thought that Paula and Tiger used to to stay at the Geldof house sometimes after Michael died so the girls could see their mum and Bob knew they were safe?