How should the BB winner really be decided?

SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
Forum Member
For me, it's all about entertainment value. Sam, Ollie and Liz have remained virtually invisible and frankly, uninteresting. If these were the only people in the house we would all surely be turning off. However, it is likely that one of them may win (Ok, probably not Liz) because they haven't really upset anyone both in the house or watching at home.

On the other hand, I think Jim, Linda, Louisa, Casey, Jasmin, Lee, Lionel and Dappy have made this series of BB worth watching by getting involved in spats, arguments and controversy....and I'm sure most of us prefer and enjoy that aspect of BB. It seems a shame that one of the 'bland' ones will inevitably win when they've played safe. Perhaps there should be a vote for who has been the most uninteresting housemate?

Comments

• Damien.Damien. Posts: 18,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The problem with having one of the entertaining ones is they're often not particularly nice people and it would be like rewarding shit stirring, bitching and nastiness. They also often have as many detractors as they do fanbase, so it's a pretty terrible end to the series when your least favourite wins it. Imagine if Jay won BB12?

Ideally, you get someone who's been entertaining but also seems a decent person - Brian, Kate, Nadia (although I'm sure not everyone will put her with this lot) & Aaron stand out as great winners for me.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Armwrestling.
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,586
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    To quote Harry Hill

There's only one way to find out.....

FIIIIIGHT!!!!!
  • RabidWolverine1RabidWolverine1 Posts: 8,137
    Forum Member
    Stegan wrote: »
    For me, it's all about entertainment value. Sam, Ollie and Liz have remained virtually invisible and frankly, uninteresting. If these were the only people in the house we would all surely be turning off. However, it is likely that one of them may win (Ok, probably not Liz) because they haven't really upset anyone both in the house or watching at home.

On the other hand, I think Jim, Linda, Louisa, Casey, Jasmin, Lee, Lionel and Dappy have made this series of BB worth watching by getting involved in spats, arguments and controversy....and I'm sure most of us prefer and enjoy that aspect of BB. It seems a shame that one of the 'bland' ones will inevitably win when they've played safe. Perhaps there should be a vote for who has been the most uninteresting housemate?

Im glad you posted this. Its something people will NEVER agree on, and just for the record I actually do disagree with you :)

I do like entertaining housemates absolutely HOWEVER being bitchy, getting into arguments and doing "Truth or Dare" isn't my complete idea of entertaining.

It gives us great talking points but usually those people who get involved in the above mentioned are people I would not respect on a personal level. Im MORE than happy for them to make it to the final if they are providing talking points but I would rather the winner was a decent/nice person (even if for the most part) :)

If the bitchy/argumentative housemates win then it cements that we as a public in a way condone their actions when at least I definitely don't.

Of course it is entirely possible to be entertaining without being bitch. The Perfect example being Samanda in BB8 :) They were the least bitchy girls in the world but were still talking points. They had fun, they played around a lot and had messed around with people without being nasty and I 100% feel they should have won their series :)