Options

Nutella

Luner13Luner13 Posts: 2,968
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why are all the supermarkets selling this in vast quantities right now for pancake day? the thought of that on a pancake sounds pretty rank imo

Comments

• Options
    swingalegswingaleg Posts: 103,113
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I tried a jar of this a few months ago and was very disappointed......it said Hazelnut Spread and I was expecting it to be like peanut butter but with hazelnuts instead of peanuts

But it was basically chocolate spread......>:(
  • Options
    PrincessTTPrincessTT Posts: 4,300
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nutella and banana in a pancake is delicious... Nutella and strawberries in a pancake is divine.

Most of the pancake & crepe restaurants round here do a selection involving nutella.
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    How closetted do you have to be not to know that Nutella is mostly chocoalte spread?

I saw a nice pizza repice the other day for nutella and ricotta.
  • Options
    queenshaksqueenshaks Posts: 10,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »
    I tried a jar of this a few months ago and was very disappointed......it said Hazelnut Spread and I was expecting it to be like peanut butter but with hazelnuts instead of peanuts

This is what you want link
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    queenshaks wrote: »
    This is what you want link

that looks good......I'll watch out for that !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    How closetted do you have to be not to know that Nutella is mostly chocoalte spread?

I didn't know until I'd bought some and tried it.......
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,941
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swingaleg wrote: »

How bizarre! So you've never seen it advertised? Even when you were buying it, didn't the chocolate colour give it away?:confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darcy_ wrote: »
    How bizarre! So you've never seen it advertised? Even when you were buying it, didn't the chocolate colour give it away?:confused:

no, not really.............I was going by the words on the jar which said 'hazelnut spread'

I wasn't expecting chocolate spread

Plus the name was misleading Nutella......naturally enough I expected it to be mainly nuts.......it should be Chocella