Really well done meat

2»

Comments

• brangdonbrangdon Posts: 14,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JulesF wrote: »
    I don't really understand what you are saying about the veggies though. Some people like theirs soft and well-done, yes, but I've never heard anything about health risks involved with eating raw vegetables or fruit (other than things like rhubarb and potatoes, that are harmful when eaten raw).
    I need Brussels sprouts to be cooked well. I doubt they are poisonous, but their raw flavour is too bitter for me, so they need a good 8 minutes or so to make them palatable.
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i just dont understand how anyone can enjoy meat thats been cooked for so long that its dried up and leathery.

I don't understand how people can enjoy meat that's still pink in the middle. If you don't want it cooked properly, why not just eat it raw?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,256
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure I read somewhere or was told, that in the past Pork had to be cooked well as there was a parasite or worm or something equally yeuk that could be caught from eating underdone pork and that apparently in todays world the pork wont have these nasties to pass on with your chop. Different ways and methods of rearing pork, medicines(and stuff) plus better understanding of nasties may have changed opinions.

I think I was also told/read that dogs shouldn't be given pork bones for the same nasties reason.
  • Uncle_PhilUncle_Phil Posts: 490
    Forum Member

I think I was also told/read that dogs shouldn't be given pork bones for the same nasties reason.

Aside from that, pork bones splinter so that's bad for a dog anyway.
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,849
    Forum Member
    I don't understand how people can enjoy meat that's still pink in the middle. If you don't want it cooked properly, why not just eat it raw?

I don't understand how people can think pink meat is the same as raw either. Why would you think that?
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    molliepops wrote: »
    It's quite funny when you say that's how it should be when previously for many many generations it shouldn't have been and this rare and nearly raw in some cases meat may just be a fleeting fad in the scheme of things.

Meat had to be cooked safely and veggies too when they came in from the garden filthy and pitted it's only with todays clinically washed veg perfectly round with no flaws we can risk not cooking them until they are properly fully cooked through.

Yeah I clinically wash my veg from the garden under a tap!:confused: