The Rani aside, which other Time Lords would you like to see return?

daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
Forum Member
✭✭
Thought I'd start this thread to see what other Time Lords aside from The Rani people would like to see return. I've discounted the Rani from this discussion as it is a topic we seem to have gone over and over a lot recently, especially following the sad death of Kate O Mara.

The Master I would also discount as he's already been back. I'm talking about Time Lords who haven't been seen for a while.

There are plenty of other Time Lords out there who are overdue for a return.

Omega springs to mind straight away. I still feel there is some unfinished business there. He's still out there somewhere and with a modern take on the character, you can see some more emotion being attached to the him.

Then there's Borusa. Not technically dead, he's still in that Tomb, and this is Doctor Who. You can still get him out of it and bring him back. I think he's the ultimate example of a good guy gone bad and I would think there are plenty of story opportunities out there for him. And now Gallifrey is still out there, why not?

The Meddling Monk I would also love to see back, a sadly underused character and as he's a Time Lord he can come back in a new incarnation.

Susan and Romana I would like to see both back for one story only just to see what's happened to them since they left the show. Susan would be of particular interest as it's obvious she would outlive her husband on Earth and would love to see how he would cope with a regenerated wife?!!! :D

On a lighter note, who would love to see Colin Baker back as the obnoxious Maxil from Arc Of Infinity?! :D

:)

Comments

• TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see The Meddling Monk back again as well. I would also love to see Romana.

Besides that, I'll go with that James Bond Time Lord. He was interesting. :):):)
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Michael Palin as The Monk, please. :)
  • Mr SetaMr Seta Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    That Doctor fella would be a good start
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    Omega at the moment.
  • Lady of TrakenLady of Traken Posts: 1,314
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would quite like to see what happened to Andred and Leela. I think Louise Jameson is a great actress.
  • adams66adams66 Posts: 3,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No-one expects the Meddling Monk...

:D
  • bennythedipbennythedip Posts: 2,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was a rumour of Patrick stewart playing the monk a few years ago. Love to see that one.
  • Face Of JackFace Of Jack Posts: 7,181
    Forum Member
    The Meddling Monk for me! He's still out there toying away in the universe!
    Brian Murphy (George & Mildred) would be my choice to play him.

Romana III would be interesting to meet - perhaps played by Billie Piper (well- Romana liked nicking other peoples bodies didn't she? :D)

Chancellor Flavia (the only female Time-Lord I recall from the classic series). Honor Blackman or Dame Maggie Smith would be excellent in that role! :)
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The one I forgot to mention and am surprised no-one has mentioned already is The Valeyard. Another one who is still out there.....

• MulettMulett Posts: 9,057
    Forum Member
    Without a shadow of a doubt, Lalla Ward as Romana.

She's a school mistress living on Earth, with no memory of her life as a Time Lord. It turns out the Doctor hid his friend away to keep her safe from the Time War using the Chameleon Arch.

Only now he desperately needs her help but knows he can only bring Romana back by destroying her happy human life.
  • CoalHillJanitorCoalHillJanitor Posts: 15,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A thousand times this. He'd be a perfect foil for an older and less whimsical Doctor.
  • joe_000joe_000 Posts: 525
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Romana.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Susan
  • doublefourdoublefour Posts: 6,022
    Forum Member
    Morbius, the dangerous renegade. A great foe to be brought back somehow. He has followers all over the galaxy ready to rise up.
    Already been mentioned The Meddling Monk, but anyone who has listened to the Big Finish audios The Book of Kells and the Lucie Miller/To the Death stories in the McGann Adventures, can imagine how he would be a superb foe to bring back to the screen. Less evil than the Master, but greedy, innovative and troublesome.
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Doctor's actual wife (Susan's grandma)

Yes i know strictly speaking this isn't a "return"
  • TheophileTheophile Posts: 2,945
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The_Judge_ wrote: »
    The Doctor's actual wife (Susan's grandma)

Yes i know strictly speaking this isn't a "return"

I was under the impression that she was dead. Otherwise, Melody Pond as his wife would have been bigamy. Does anybody know the Time Lord laws on bigamy? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ust6bUwqqUc

:):):)
  • Sufyaan_KaziSufyaan_Kazi Posts: 3,862
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Theophile wrote: »
    I was under the impression that she was dead. Otherwise, Melody Pond as his wife would have been bigamy. Does anybody know the Time Lord laws on bigamy? :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ust6bUwqqUc

:):):)

At one point the Master was dead ....
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 611
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Drax. I thought he was fun when we first met him, and it was kind of nice seeing a Time Lord who wasn't a dick.
  • comedyfishcomedyfish Posts: 21,637
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Monk and Romana - was just thinking about this the other day
  • VerenceVerence Posts: 104,589
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Romana III would be interesting to meet - perhaps played by Billie Piper (well- Romana liked nicking other peoples bodies didn't she? :D)

Juliet Landau from Buffy The Vampire Slayer has recently played a future version of Romana for Big Finish

How about a return for Castellan Spandrell and Coordinator Engin from The Deadly Assassin?
  • Mr SetaMr Seta Posts: 380
    Forum Member
    A thousand times this. He'd be a perfect foil for an older and less whimsical Doctor.

I agree totally too about bringing back the Meddling Monk & Palin being the perfect choice.

If we (those in agreement) started writing to the BBC suggesting this maybe the likes of Moffatt might listen & even go with it(?)

I bet Palin (if he's available) would accept like a shot too.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,416
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Verence wrote: »
    Juliet Landau from Buffy The Vampire Slayer has recently played a future version of Romana for Big Finish

How about a return for Castellan Spandrell and Coordinator Engin from The Deadly Assassin?

If The Doctor does make it back to Gallifrey, I'd love to see Runcible again. What a perfect person to fill us in on all the gossip since we were last there!!!!!

• GDKGDK Posts: 9,477
    Forum Member
    Not strictly a return, but the Corsair sounded like an interesting character. Perhaps a regeneration story and gender swap?
  • The Alpha GamerThe Alpha Gamer Posts: 3,122
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On a lighter note, who would love to see Colin Baker back as the obnoxious Maxil from Arc Of Infinity?! :D

I'd like to see Colin back as anyone!

The only one I really care about other than The Master is the Valeyard.

Although I too wouldn't mind finally seeing The Corsair.
  • ThrombinThrombin Posts: 9,416
    Forum Member
    There's also the War Lord from the War Games. I think he was shot or something but, presumably he would have regenerated!

I'd love to see Romana or Susan (or Leela) back with the original actresses but I do worry that this would affect the continuity with how Big Finish handled their subsequent adventures.

If they actually used the opportunity to establish the audio continuity within the TV show then I'd be dancing for joy :)