The Tennis Thread (Part 27)

Comments

• Nathers7Nathers7 Posts: 4,013
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jenny1986 wrote: »
    Charming.

As opposed to the insults directed at Novak I'd say charming is pretty accurate in comparison ;-)
  • ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CGG_12 wrote: »
    ^^^He was celebrating solely to wind up the crowd not because he won

You'd never in a million years see a crowd so against Nadal/Fed either!! Djokovic just doesn't have the likeability factor and can easily see why

Nadal and Federer were loved for years when they ruled the roost so it's been hard for others to get a look in. Once they retire, the crowd affection will switch to someone else.
  • kingjeremykingjeremy Posts: 9,077
    Forum Member
    ellieb123 wrote: »
    Or quit your crying Novak- all the crowd wanted to see was a bit more tennis... Instead they got Novak behaving like a ****. If he can't handle the crowd cheering the opponent, he needs to get over it.

Novak wasn't crying or bitching.

He was pumped and enjoying the moment.
  • natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welsh-lad wrote: »
    Really didn't like the way he did that messianic pose at the end.

What was he expecting - worship? Hope someone woops his pinched little face into the turf in the next round.

You really don't like him do you but do you have to keep making rude personal comments about his face or looks?!! First it's horse face now this >:(
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nathers7 wrote: »
    As opposed to the insults directed at Novak I'd say charming is pretty accurate in comparison ;-)

Ha yeah some are a bit harsh aren't they.
  • JB92JB92 Posts: 2,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like Djokovic a lot but that wasn't my cup of tea, but nobodys perfect. I'm curious about that shoulder though.

It was quite sudden the way he grasped it at the end. It didn't seem to affect him throughout the match though.
  • attackmusicattackmusic Posts: 3,828
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully they will and shut the arrogant t.w.a.t up.

Classy stuff from you mate. Didn't think you were like this. If you are lucky Novak will play like shit as he did last year and let the crowd affect him.

Honestly, people complain when I insult Nadal and then call people arrogant ***** for celebrating a tough win.
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stunty wrote: »
    Thank heavens ....... Jimmy Connors is not in the studio with Tim and Sue!!

I have had enough of him 'taking care of business'.

He's off to do some grrrrrrinding.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like Djokovic a lot but that wasn't my cup of tea, but nobodys perfect. I'm curious about that shoulder though.

He seems like such a nice guy off court and in interviews, it's a pity he gets so wound up when the crowd support his opponent.
  • SarnSarn Posts: 6,318
    Forum Member

Didn't seem to affect him when he was celebrating and punching the air - only when he was down in the TB.
  • ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    Stunty wrote: »
    Agree ...... you have put what I meant in a nutshell!!! ;-):D

:D Sorry- I was a little bit more base with my reply! :D
    Little wonder he's trying to put his point across in the press conference- he's not being given the respect he deserves.
  • lola14lola14 Posts: 3,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    natalie77 wrote: »
    Yeah I was fully expecting him to be on centre court tomorrow just to be completely sure they'd get the match finished so was shocked to see he doesn't even rate court no.1 and gets stuffed out on court no.2 :o poor Stan :(

Agreed! I'm not a huge fan of Stan, but if I was him, I'd think someone at Wimbledon doesn't like him!!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Classy stuff from you mate. Didn't think you were like this. If you are lucky Novak will play like shit as he did last year and let the crowd affect him.

Honestly, people complain when I insult Nadal and then call people arrogant ***** for celebrating a tough win.

I was not only referring to his celebration. I was referring to the way he kept fist pumping and rudely clapping the crowd. Even the commentators said his behaviour wasn't necessary.
  • CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    I was not only referring to his celebration. I was referring to the way he kept fist pumping and rudely clapping the crowd

exactly

Did something similar enough at US a few years back v Roddick I think it was
  • cyfrincyfrin Posts: 1,197
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Who was that awful commentator who said about Tsonga "at least he is not beating his chest" ?!
    A bit too close to the mark, methinks!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ^^^He was celebrating solely to wind up the crowd not because he won

You'd never in a million years see a crowd so against Nadal/Fed either!! Djokovic just doesn't have the likeability factor and can easily see why

That is a lie. The AO crowd booed Nadal and the FO crowd hate him. The only reason the crowd were against Novak was because they want Andy to have easier opponents.
  • Jenny1986Jenny1986 Posts: 16,528
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lola14 wrote: »
    Agreed! I'm not a huge fan of Stan, but if I was him, I'd think someone at Wimbledon doesn't like him!!

I know and he's actually playing better here this year! He must feel so hard done by.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lmao Nadal isn't loved. As I said, look at MTF. He is voted most hated every year. People don't have to like Novak but they should quit making up their own statistics and look at stats. Novak always wins second favourite player too.

Starting to think others might have to join you know who on my ignore list, didn't think anyone else was as immature as her.

No idea what MTF is but you can judge a lot by crowd reaction, which clearly shows how much support Federer and Nadal get.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    exactly

Did something similar enough at US a few years back v Roddick I think it was

And at the Aussie Open this year.
  • CGG_12CGG_12 Posts: 7,483
    Forum Member
    That is a lie. The AO crowd booed Nadal and the FO crowd hate him. The only reason the crowd were against Novak was because they want Andy to have easier opponents.

It really wasn't

Jo is incredibly well liked
  • ellieb123ellieb123 Posts: 7,546
    Forum Member
    kingjeremy wrote: »
    Novak wasn't crying or bitching.

He was pumped and enjoying the moment.

He spent half that 3rd set sarcastically applauding the crowd- he shouldn't have let them get to him like that. It doesn't bode well for him if he does meet Murray- tonight was tame compared to what the crowd would be like then.
    I just think it's a shame he behaved like that- he was cruising- the only person who made that set tough for him was himself. He got rattled and distracted by something he should have just blocked out.
  • StuntyStunty Posts: 45,698
    Forum Member
    Just actually studied the OOP for tomorrow, I now realise that Safarova and Makarova are on Court 1 ........ :o:o:o

What a real insult to Stan Wawrinka.:(

I mean, who are those two? Halep or Lisicki would be a more fiting match for Cente or No 1.

Halep is another player who has been treated like 'cack' this year, not one appearance on the two main courts, in fact if it wasn't for the red button .......
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cyfrin wrote: »
    Who was that awful commentator who said about Tsonga "at least he is not beating his chest" ?!
    A bit too close to the mark, methinks!

Why do you keep coming on here posting racist comments. Why don't you just p!ss off and crawl back under your rock you ignorant fool.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It really wasn't

Yes, Jo always gets overwhelming support, against most players apart from Federer and Murray.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It really wasn't

Remember how much the crowd wanted Darcis and Rosol to beat Nadal? Oh but he is so popular even though on tennis sites he is always voted the most hated. As I said, people can dislike Novak, though usually it is just Nadal fans who unfairly hate him since 2011, but don't try and pretend your opinion reflects others.

This place gets nasty around Wimbledon time :(
This discussion has been closed.