Options

Please sign and no its not about the live feed(removing public vote).

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    I had another account on a different email address before this one, but i closed down my email address that my old account was linked too so i had to start over again.

Course you did ;-)

I agree with the OP's petition completely.. signed.
  • Options
    oathyoathy Posts: 32,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because i have been on this forum long enough to know how it works.

Outrage if the forum favourite is in danger.
    No complaints if it involves a HM that is disliked by the forum.

It's always been the case on here, and if anyone disagrees then they are either lying or haven't been paying attention.

Can only speak for myself as recent posts in other threads when the live feed has been mentioned more recent communication with Samwell-smith has spoken about the General direction of the show.

If covered the quality of the HM's
    the reality soap feel of the edits
    the outside contact
    the constant meddling with who faces the public vote
    the spin off shows
    and ofc the live feed.

As I posted earlier they could throw the lot of them out and start again as long as its done via a public vote. What we are seeing is the normal series being pushed even further from the Audience that already feels disconnected its just the wrong course of action for a series already struggling.
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Course you did ;-)

I agree with the OP's petition completely.. signed.

I'm confused, why is that not a valid reason :confused:

I can give you the name to my old username if you like and you can see for yourself.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,002
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The public should have a say at every opportunity, not just when Big Brother feels like it because it suits their agenda. Having the vote to evict with four leaving just before the Big Brother 11 final was one thing but this takes the biscuit. That's why I signed the petition.
  • Options
    SelenaSelena Posts: 29,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Signed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 86
    Forum Member

I would sign the petition if it was asking for a back to basics approach but have no intention of signing it on the back of this one change. Like I said earlier having a killer nom and a pass to the final from the get go were changes equally on a par with this latest twist but there were no petitions regarding them. Hmm :cool:

But they're not, though. Having someone face eviction every week, while rather unfair, doesn't mean they will be evicted. The public decide who gets evicted by voting, having someone get a pass to the final, while also rather unfair, doesn't mean they will win. The public decide who will win, by voting.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member
    The person who is evicted on Monday wont really be evicted....they will be allowed
    to spy on the other housemates and then on Friday they will creep back in.

Of course this means that as they are not really 'there' they wont be up for nomination.

Just my opinion!!!
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member
    cbraa wrote: »
    But they're not, though. Having someone face eviction every week, while rather unfair, doesn't mean they will be evicted. The public decide who gets evicted by voting, having someone get a pass to the final, while also rather unfair, doesn't mean they will win. The public decide who will win, by voting.

But they are. Helen's pass to the final is not just unfair, it's altered the nature of the show. She is untouchable and though I agree she's highly unlikely to win herself by the fact she can nominate and is so powerful and influential she has the ability to manage who might be the winner. The killer nom was guttingly unfair IMO but we have had similar things like nominations on the first night and the like though nothing as seriously and long term unfair as that.

Anyway the OP says it about the show changing massively but like I say only mentions the Monday night eviction in the petition and that is why I won't sign it or take it seriously tbh.
  • Options
    honeythewitchhoneythewitch Posts: 37,237
    Forum Member
    This ^. BB fans only seem to have a problem with noms / vote 'messing' when it doesn't favour them.
    I don't think most people signing give two hoots about Ashleigh. If she was all that popular she would have been first or second saved.

cbraa wrote: »
    Unless the producers change their minds!
  • Options
    ruffleruffle Posts: 4,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have signed do you think thy will at least listen to us
  • Options
    SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,074
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ruffle wrote: »
    I have signed do you think thy will at least listen to us

No, because online petitions are very very rarely taken seriously.
  • Options
    Janet_HadfieldJanet_Hadfield Posts: 1,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    signed
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    signed

thanks janet :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theres actually really good comments on there.
    and they do read them. The poll and comments I sent in was the reason Smith made contact so it does make a difference.
    we all want normal BB to carry on they have tried just about everything apart from new HM's and leaving the series alone. When they interfere has it ever worked? even under Channel 4.
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    oathy wrote: »
    theres actually really good comments on there.
    and they do read them. The poll and comments I sent in was the reason Smith made contact so it does make a difference.
    we all want normal BB to carry on they have tried just about everything apart from new HM's and leaving the series alone. When they interfere has it ever worked? even under Channel 4.

Thanks for taking the trouble to organise this Oathy, I got quite a bit off my chest - hope it gets read and someone takes notice. :)
  • Options
    dorsetwaspdorsetwasp Posts: 4,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Actually that's not true, I've signed many that have changed procedures and helped certain causes. If we all believed that and did nothing, very little would ever change.
  • Options
    Helsbels46Helsbels46 Posts: 1,324
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    Actually that's not true, I've signed many that have changed procedures and helped certain causes. If we all believed that and did nothing, very little would ever change.

Hear, hear :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dorsetwasp wrote: »
    Thanks for taking the trouble to organise this Oathy, I got quite a bit off my chest - hope it gets read and someone takes notice. :)

they will trust me,
    things have changed this year I suspect a lot of the producers assumed they will just carry on from last year. when ratings didn't match last year we already had from Ben frow he wasn't happy and the main show "needed sorting".

I had a good chat with BBspy on twitter last night they organised all this was more than happy to help out anyway I could and as always the people on here are brilliant.
    the viewing figures say it all, the more they mess the more they push people away.
    they need to be making repairs with the viewers now not pissing them off even more.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 334
    Forum Member

But what if the housemate they all choose to 'evict' doesn't really leave the house and therefore the public wont need to vote ;-)

I would rather sign a petition to stop all this "Winston will win" propaganda that BBOTS keep pushing on us......the producers want Winston as their winner and my God don't we know it :(
  • Options
    ValWValW Posts: 1,782
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope Emma Willis' video message was a hint Monday's eviction is going to be a fake one. Even if it is, that's going against the principle we've got used to over the years that they can lie to the housemates but not the viewers. Whenever there's been a fake eviction or similar twist in the past they've let us know in advance. The breaking news of the apparent voteless eviction could well have swayed viewers into changing the way they voted yesterday.

Whatever the truth, I really do think BB decide things on the fly and if they thought they could get away with a voteless eviction they'd do it. There's no harm in snapping at their heels like we're doing here.
  • Options
    Scots roolScots rool Posts: 276,878
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fortunately not all of us think the same. Nothing would ever change if we all held the same view as you do.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,263
    Forum Member
    Scots rool wrote: »
    Fortunately not all of us think the same. Nothing would ever change if we all held the same view as you do.

Hasn't the Live Feed issue been petitioned for years now? :cool:
  • Options
    happybbfanhappybbfan Posts: 5,375
    Forum Member
    even if this eviction is a fake one,this series has been full of meddling with the nominations
    and i think many viewers have just had enough of it
    Nominations need to go back to basic level using the diary room and letting the public decide again without any twists attached

Who goes you decide….. not on C5 BB
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    just bumping the thread.
    If we can get to 1,000 sigs will be great will email samwell-smith tomorrow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    bystander wrote: »
    Hasn't the Live Feed issue been petitioned for years now? :cool:

why did they start talking again? because they realised it wasn't just a few "die hards"
    in a fiefdom thread set in the past.
    We are actually at a very important stage for BBUK Summer series that's why I thought this petition is important.
    Can anyone hear really say the changes have improved the show? I fully understand some of the older rules were dropped. but core rules should be the for a reason.
    We have seen in other BB's around the EU how they brought in product placement
    but left the basics of the show the same and it works.

On the live feed issue we finally have all sides agreeing it needs to come back
    Once the Viacom take over occurs I hope they will share some news with everyone
    so yes it does make a difference.

At the moment I do believe there's panic going on and that's why these twists are being shot out every few days. Pushing more people away isn't the right answer