Options

Family Guy (Season 10, US Pace)

JasonJason Posts: 76,557
Forum Member
✭✭✭
So here we go again .. will it be any better than the last Season?

If the first episode is anything to go by then maybe :)

Really liked it - some great laughs. I loved Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan "edited for goats" :)

And the visual gag at the end after Quagmire told Peter that the penis enlargement business was a success :D

Comments

• Options
    JaiJaiJaiJai Posts: 541
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'll download it tonight, looking forward to it.

Did the new season of American Dad also start up following the new FG?
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Took just seconds to get and its also HD.
    Does anyone know when its on BBC3 or FX over here?
  • Options
    Danger CloseDanger Close Posts: 3,281
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's face it Family Guy is one of the best things on TV. Even with the dip in form from early S9 it picked up again.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 147
    Forum Member
    chris o dowd, (roy in it crowd) is in 1st episode
  • Options
    rosco2010rosco2010 Posts: 7,501
    Forum Member
    So here we go again .. will it be any better than the last Season?

If the first episode is anything to go by then maybe :)

Really liked it - some great laughs. I loved Star Trek 2: Wrath of Khan "edited for goats" :)

And the visual gag at the end after Quagmire told Peter that the penis enlargement business was a success :D

That did make me :D Also, during the credits when one of the dancers stops to announce she's pregnant. :D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I liked the 'Brian not being groomed for a while' joke and the 'Scrooge McDuck diving into a pool of money' joke.
  • Options
    biggebruvbiggebruv Posts: 6,626
    Forum Member
    it was an OK ep not LOL funny but fun and nothing dragged thankfully

did anyone catch american dad this week it was the weirdest thing i ever seen ha especially how it ended.

cleveland was good this week the peter griffen appearance was very funny

simpsons was the best one of the night IMO i thought it was really good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    biggebruv wrote: »
    it was an OK ep not LOL funny but fun and nothing dragged thankfully

did anyone catch american dad this week it was the weirdest thing i ever seen ha especially how it ended.

cleveland was good this week the peter griffen appearance was very funny

simpsons was the best one of the night IMO i thought it was really good

That was the most mental Seth McFarlane animated show I have EVER seen. God knows what drugs the crew were on when they came up with it.

Saying that I loved it, completely bonkers with an awesome soundtrack throughout.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    Enjoyed FG and American Dad last night (FG got the most laughs out of me though, particularly the Scrooge McDuck and "Star Trek II Edited for Goats" scenes), but i thought Cleveland was a bit weak really, the only bit i really laughed at was the bit where Cleveland cries at the end, for anyone who's not seen the influence behind that odd cry Cleveland did, it was spoofing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ee925OTFBCA&feature=player_embedded#!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    I watch FG and AD last night. FG was quite good. AD was very wierd, took me a while to realise they were doing Little Shop of Horrors.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Is nobody giving the simpsons a go anymore? Lol
    I still love it last nights was good especially the part where homers friend is fighting chucky and pinhead ha
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,725
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Wrath of Khan edited for Goats clip has got to be one of fav Family guy clips, that was genius:D:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,893
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone want to tell me where Chris O Dowd was in the ep?

And as for it being on UK TV, It's usually on BBC3 in april, although this year I think it began in May.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is nobody giving the simpsons a go anymore? LolI still love it last nights was good especially the part where homers friend is fighting chucky and pinhead ha

I haven't watched new episodes of Simpsons for years now, I think I completely gave up after season 12 when they turned Homer into a complete imbecile rather than the loveable imbecile he was in the beginning.

I'll give it a go and see if it can hit the heights of season 2-7.
  • Options
    woot_whoowoot_whoo Posts: 18,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JaiJai wrote: »
    I haven't watched new episodes of Simpsons for years now, I think I completely gave up after season 12 when they turned Homer into a complete imbecile rather than the loveable imbecile he was in the beginning.

I'll give it a go and see if it can hit the heights of season 2-7.

I wouldn't bother, if I were you. I haven't seen a good episode since Season 10 - at best, there has been the *odd* acceptable one. As far as I'm concerned, the Simpsons caught a slight chill in Season 9, which developed into a severe fever in 10 which eventually killed it (along with Maude Flanders :mad:) in Season 11. Unfortunately, its reanimated corpse clawed its way out of the grave for Season 12, and has been decomposing steadily and trying to eat our brains ever since.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    One of the best new eps of recent seasons was the one were ned becomes the landlord of the simpsons house its brillient think its in s21. Its nowere near the level of funnyness from early years but IMO family guy is sadly heading down the same path but i still love both shows there will always be hits and misses.

Opps sorry for the simpsons babbleing lol ill stop now this is a family guy thread! Afterall lol
  • Options
    dannyb0yukdannyb0yuk Posts: 2,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is nobody giving the simpsons a go anymore? Lol
    I still love it last nights was good especially the part where homers friend is fighting chucky and pinhead ha

I wouldn't bother mentioning it. The people who appreciate The Simpsons don't bother talking about it, as it just spurs all the haters to roll out the same tired old crap about it not being as good as it was in the first few years. It's all opinions at the end of the day, but I very rarely see any compelling arguments from anyone- just the yawnsome old clichés as seen above. Homer has hardly changed at all, people just like things to moan about. Give it another few years and American Dad and the Cleveland Show will start to get the 'not as good as the early seasons' rubbish.
  • Options
    The TerminatorThe Terminator Posts: 5,312
    Forum Member
    Been offline for a couple weeks and didn't even know it was back. Hope the quality has gone back up but it certainly felt like they were out of steam last season.
  • Options
    SonyJunkieSonyJunkie Posts: 1,510
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Maybe it's just my twisted sense of humor, but it did make me laugh when Tom Tucker said "She's good at 17" during the lottery draw!!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    did anyone watch this weeks bunch of the animations???

this week is suposed to be the famous hurricane trilogy that spreads through family guy,american dad and cleveland show they were suposed to be on last year but got pushed back due to real life events.

hope there good

also what order do i watch them in which airs first:confused: might as well do it right can someone let me know
  • Options
    JasonJason Posts: 76,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow. seriously. wow.

in the realms of episodes completely devoid of anything remotely resembling humour I think we've got a new winner.

after last week's promising opening, this episode was truly terrible.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    wow. seriously. wow.

in the realms of episodes completely devoid of anything remotely resembling humour I think we've got a new winner.

:(dont say that i was looking forward to the hurricane one ah well
  • Options
    SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wow. seriously. wow.

I just wanted the homage to the Guatamalan insanity peppers trip Homer had to end for Brian sooner rather than later. Well animated but this was certainly not a laugh riot. Meg has stood up for herself before at least twice and her and Peter are meant to have a secret understanding he only bullies her because the others do, he actually loves her and will look out for her when it counts, see Connie D'Amico and the fire entinguisher. So, yeah, malicious retread of an old story, This was funnier when Meg went butch that one time. This is FG's original criticism of SImpsons they are guilty of themselves, same format, different activity. Bart's had a billion girlfriends and hasn't aged, Meg perpetually stands up for herself and then goes back to accepting being bullied, Peter is a dick to his friends and then learns something and gets them back, Lois will keep taking up and quitting combat sports and or lounge singing/modelling until Peter pays her attention and respects her. Rinse, repeat.

This and the Stewie and Bryan in a vault episode are both just... I don't know. Exercises in uncomfortable viewing? It's like they got in Lars Von Trier to write the newest episode. I don't mean that in a "edgy emotive cinema" way more "Jesus, please let this end already, I get the big ideas you are trying to impress on me, calm down with the nasty stuff" way.

American Dad... same thing. Just really unpleasant to watch things go from bad to worse without any levity.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,741
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    did anyone watch this weeks bunch of the animations???

this week is suposed to be the famous hurricane trilogy that spreads through family guy,american dad and cleveland show they were suposed to be on last year but got pushed back due to real life events.

hope there good

also what order do i watch them in which airs first:confused: might as well do it right can someone let me know

since no one answered your question, the aired order is cleveland show, family guy, american dad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,305
    Forum Member
    wow. seriously. wow.

I've not watched them yet, but lets remember that these 3 hurricaine episodes are hold overs from last season after they got bumped due to the real life weather affecting the US, so there is a possibility that next week's will be back to the season premiere's quality.