Options

Why does Stella invite everyone behind the bar?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,006
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I like Stella as a character, and I think her partnership with Carl is a good one. I also like her relationship with Leanne now that the dust has settled. But one thing that I don't understand is why she invites everyone with even the slightest hint of a frown to the back room, where she dishes out advice.

It's starting to become really quite predictable and daft, as many of them have no real contact with her at any other time. It makes the character look like an interfering busybody rather than a shoulder to cry on.

I can't help but think producers don't really know what to do with Stella as a character and this is their solution.

Comments

• Options
    jagged_deathjagged_death Posts: 8,652
    Forum Member
    Yes they are trying too hard to integrate Stella into the show that she just looks like a nosey cow. I think they need to dial it back a little. I don't like how she listens in on everyones conversations either. Its a bit creepy.
  • Options
    hetty100hetty100 Posts: 4,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol I was just thinking that today , everytime somone has a problem she gets herself involved, whether she knows them or not. and the wierdest thing is these people who hardly know her always do as she says lol:D
  • Options
    Bobby_MarzBobby_Marz Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i Like Stella and people should cut her slack, but i did think the Episode when she revealed to Carla that she was raped, did she even speak to Carla Before Hand? but i do like Her or Deidre's relationship as friends i think that will work well!!
  • Options
    smashboxsmashbox Posts: 4,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She's a landlady! It's what they do in soaps.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bobby_Marz wrote: »
    i Like Stella and people should cut her slack, but i did think the Episode when she revealed to Carla that she was raped, did she even speak to Carla Before Hand? but i do like Her or Deidre's relationship as friends i think that will work well!!

Love her and Dreary, she gave her good advice RE TraceyLuv too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    haha i bet she wont invite Peter and Carla behind the bar lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Orangemaid wrote: »

No... The two alcos will be barred.=)
  • Options
    SecretLifeoBeesSecretLifeoBees Posts: 50,920
    Forum Member
    I like Stella but I hate how she acts like she's everyone's best friend. I think they'd be better concentrating on a couple of friendships with her and gradually expanding on her friendships with others in the street. Trying to put it across as her immediately being close friends with everyone to the point they quite happily sit there and divulge all their secrets to her despite barely knowing her is ridiculous..... Either that or we'll discover Stella is really a witch and has been putting spells on everyone to get them to share the gossip :D
  • Options
    NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    smashbox wrote: »
    She's a landlady! It's what they do in soaps.

Yes; Diane in Emmerdale is just the same.

However it doesn't seem to matter the total hash they make of their own lives they just like to patronise everyone else.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Where will it end?

Jason - I've a right stinkin day - give us a pint Stella.
    Stella - Come through to the back??

Mary - My motorhome is chucking out fumes galore - I'm at my wits end
    Stella - Come through to the back

Maxie - I can't find my toy cars
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes they are trying too hard to integrate Stella into the show that she just looks like a nosey cow. I think they need to dial it back a little. I don't like how she listens in on everyones conversations either. Its a bit creepy.

exactly my thoughts. It's all a bit try hard. She's sudden everyone's best buddy and she's only been there two minutes. definitely a case of shoehorning her into storylines. Mind you I do like the character, she seems quite a warm person and I guess it could be explained as her trying a bit too hard to be liked.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 265
    Forum Member

I agree. She's invited Sunita and Deirdre and went to see Carla Lloyd off the top of my head. It just seems forced and unnatural that she's trying to be everyone's best friend.

Maybe if she had formed 'proper' friendships with fewer people maybe just Deirdre or Sunita, it might seem a little less forced. Now she justs seems like a nosey cow, but maybe that's what the producers want us to think! :D
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree. She's invited Sunita and Deirdre and went to see Carla Lloyd off the top of my head. It just seems forced and unnatural that she's trying to be everyone's best friend.

Maybe if she had formed 'proper' friendships with fewer people maybe just Deirdre or Sunita, it might seem a little less forced. Now she justs seems like a nosey cow, but maybe that's what the producers want us to think! :D

The more I think about it the more I think they are trying to make her the "mother hen" of the show. She's in the ideal position of being the Rovers landlady so she gets to see everyone all the time and hear of all their problems, and it's been noted that Michelle Collins wants big storylines so that she'll stay, and as she's a chum of La Collinson he will make sure she is utilised in every possible way.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To watch The Royal Rumble?
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't stand Stella and the way she's taken over the show. She's so insipid and hasn't formed any genuine friendships with anyone, she comes across as sticking her nose in and yet nobody seems to mind :confused:. I'd love it if somebody put her in her place.
  • Options
    thejoyof_patthejoyof_pat Posts: 30,752
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Everytime I watch I just see Cindy Beale, still.
  • Options
    VoodooChicVoodooChic Posts: 9,868
    Forum Member
    Everytime I watch I just see Cindy Beale, still.

I watched Cindy's entire tenure and loved her - I see Stella as a totally different character
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,759
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Where will it end?

Stella can solve anything.

Sunita needed a new job.

Stella: Start tomorrow love!

She's everyone's best friend!

Sunita: My husband doesn't understand me.

Stella: Aww, love. Have a quick shag with my bloke Carl love.
  • Options
    NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    VoodooChic wrote: »
    Where will it end?

Frank - I've been aquitted. I'm innocent
    Stella - Come through to the back.
  • Options
    OhWhenTheSaintsOhWhenTheSaints Posts: 12,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie: I'm a lesbian
    Stella: Come through the back
    Sophie: No, you're thinking of gay.
  • Options
    rbdcayrbdcay Posts: 12,041
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sophie: I'm a lesbian
    Stella: Come through the back
    Sophie: No, you're thinking of gay.

LOL

Gail:I think I've married a serial killer, and have fallen out with my mum after he tried to burn down her house and I don't know what to believe any more because I love him. What am I going to do?

Stella: Come through to the back
  • Options
    rayofsunshinerayofsunshine Posts: 5,310
    Forum Member
    I think I've worked it out:

When you are invited into the back by Stella, it means your problem is possible to sort out, and can be remedied by Saint Stella. Sunita's employment, deirdre's family woes and more are examples.

However, when you find yourself opening your front door to Stella, you know you are in serious trouble. So bad was lloyd's troubles that he left the street and Carla is currently giving evidence against her rapist. It was not possible for Stella to be the judge.

;)
  • Options
    Our NiallOur Niall Posts: 1,296
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think I've worked it out:

When you are invited into the back by Stella, it means your problem is possible to sort out, and can be remedied by Saint Stella. Sunita's employment, deirdre's family woes and more are examples.

However, when you find yourself opening your front door to Stella, you know you are in serious trouble. So bad was lloyd's troubles that he left the street and Carla is currently giving evidence against her rapist. It was not possible for Stella to be the judge.

;)

Hahaha brilliant!

Hilarious thread, never paid much attention to Stella and her public back room but now I can totally see it!
  • Options
    Sandra BeeSandra Bee Posts: 9,437
    Forum Member
    I think it would take the Street residents a lot longer to trust Stella, who is a newcomer really.

They seem to tell her everything she wants to know.

She could teach that female private detective a thing or two about getting inside information. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    barlowconnorbarlowconnor Posts: 38,120
    Forum Member
    Orangemaid wrote: »
    They'd be the last people she'd invite!
    ewoodie wrote: »
    Stella can solve anything.

Sunita needed a new job.

Stella: Start tomorrow love!

She's everyone's best friend!

Sunita: My husband doesn't understand me.

Stella: Aww, love. Have a quick shag with my bloke Carl love.

lOL!