Does anyone know Alistair from Essex?!!!!!

Ok this is probably the most pointless and ridiculous post I will ever write (and my first!) but what the hell I haven’t got anything to loose!

A while back I met a really nice guy in a bar/club who was paying a lot of attention to me the whole evening but I was a bit reluctant due to being really shy and having no confidence with guys. He asked for my number which I didn’t give him and now I am really regretting it. Had I been drunker it would have been a whole different story as I am more confident when drunk but sadly I wasn’t! So now I have the whole “what if” thing hanging over me.

I don’t have any way of finding him and the place I met him was in London and a retro/novelty place so I don’t think it is a place you would bump into the same people week in and week out like with local bars/clubs. So if this guy sounds familiar to anyone then feel free to point him in my direction. I’m not a weirdo, honest! His name was Alistair, brown hair, around 5ft9, looked a bit like Richard Hammond off Top Gear (actually saw him on TV the other day which reminded me of this whole thing lol!), and I would guess he was late 20s/maybe early 30s. I remember one of his mates was really tall and another had a shaved head/bald. They were all were getting a taxi back to Shenfield in Essex at the end of the night, one of the guys was talking to my friend about a pub in Stanford or Horndon I think so obviously from around this area although I remember ‘Alistair’ saying he lived in or near Winchester, Hampshire years ago.. which makes sense as he didn’t sound like an Essex boy, sounded posher! No offence to any one from Essex lol!

Anyway wasn’t sure what section to post this in so feel free to move it mods if it’s in the wrong section!

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 62
    Forum Member
    Yeah. Alistair Duncan. He's a cool guy.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know an Alistair but he's filipino.

Have only just realised that doesn't sound a very filipino name. :o
  • stoatiestoatie Posts: 78,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm pretty sure Alistair's gay.
  • TakaeTakae Posts: 13,555
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    HALibutt wrote: »
    I know an Alistair but he's filipino.

Have only just realised that doesn't sound a very filipino name. :o

:D Filipinos' names can be boringly ordinary. Anne, John, Hazel, Sharon, Donna, Chris, Sam, Sherry, Angel (probably the most popular), Eric, Adam, Ramon, Paul, Isabel, Maria, Jose, Rob, Stella, etc. How dare you to be so mundane with names, you people of the Philippines?

Now and then I would come across the ones that were funny (Modesto, Guido, Joed, Hijane) and odd (Dingdong, Paw, Peewee, Mung, Panda, Busy, Cursive, Bambam-- but I think all were nicknames?), but still a rarity. :cry:
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nope, I don't know him.
  • AnitaSAnitaS Posts: 4,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whereabouts in London was this club?
  • ~Twinkle~~Twinkle~ Posts: 8,165
    Forum Member
    The chances of anyone on this forum actually knowing this person is very remote.

Is the thread for real?:confused:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Alistair Brown-Hair?

Is he related to the Sussex Brown-Hairs?
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Where is Molly? I'm looking for Molly.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,376
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PonineT wrote: »
    Ok this is probably the most pointless and ridiculous post I will ever write (and my first!) but what the hell I haven’t got anything to loose!

A while back I met a really nice guy in a bar/club who was paying a lot of attention to me the whole evening but I was a bit reluctant due to being really shy and having no confidence with guys. He asked for my number which I didn’t give him and now I am really regretting it. Had I been drunker it would have been a whole different story as I am more confident when drunk but sadly I wasn’t! So now I have the whole “what if” thing hanging over me.

I don’t have any way of finding him and the place I met him was in London and a retro/novelty place so I don’t think it is a place you would bump into the same people week in and week out like with local bars/clubs. So if this guy sounds familiar to anyone then feel free to point him in my direction. I’m not a weirdo, honest! His name was Alistair, brown hair, around 5ft9, looked a bit like Richard Hammond off Top Gear (actually saw him on TV the other day which reminded me of this whole thing lol!), and I would guess he was late 20s/maybe early 30s. I remember one of his mates was really tall and another had a shaved head/bald. They were all were getting a taxi back to Shenfield in Essex at the end of the night, one of the guys was talking to my friend about a pub in Stanford or Horndon I think so obviously from around this area although I remember ‘Alistair’ saying he lived in or near Winchester, Hampshire years ago.. which makes sense as he didn’t sound like an Essex boy, sounded posher! No offence to any one from Essex lol!

Anyway wasn’t sure what section to post this in so feel free to move it mods if it’s in the wrong section!

Sorry to have to tell you, he isn't available. Didn't you see his wedding ring or did he take it off again, the naughty boy that he is. I'll tell him you were asking after him though.:)
  • EStaffs90EStaffs90 Posts: 13,722
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know an Alistair and I know a person from Essex. Their name was Maria, so they're not the same person.
  • Jane Doh!Jane Doh! Posts: 43,307
    Forum Member
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Where is Molly? I'm looking for Molly.
    I've never stopped Looking for Linda.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,924
    Forum Member
    Jane Doh! wrote: »
    I've never stopped Looking for Linda.

Hmmm Hue and Cry never shut up about Linda either. She must be some special girl. :)
  • Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stoatie wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure Alistair's gay.

No I'm not.
  • CaldariCaldari Posts: 5,890
    Forum Member
    Crystal Tips will be saddened, but not surprised, to find out that this sort of thing goes on in Essex. Gives you an entirely different outlook on dogging.
  • solarflaresolarflare Posts: 22,378
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Alistair from Essex...I mean Spartacus. Not Alistair from Spartacus, obviously.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7
    Forum Member
    AnitaS wrote: »
    Whereabouts in London was this club?

Bank.
    ~Twinkle~ wrote: »
    The chances of anyone on this forum actually knowing this person is very remote.

Is the thread for real?:confused:

LOL I did say at the start of my post it was a ridiculous one! :D Must have been bored when I posted it!
  • AddisonianAddisonian Posts: 16,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is Patrick here? He owes me 20 quid :mad:
  • VoynichVoynich Posts: 14,481
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is he the one who saw a lion running about last summer?
This discussion has been closed.