✭✭
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Here we all are back again.
  • AtlanticAtlantic Posts: 936
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey. Ned Flanders is a slum landlord in Harpurhey!
  • AndaghaAndagha Posts: 31,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This has to be a spoof reality show - I notice Chris Langham and Emma Kennedy are listed in my EPG underneath the details. It also has Comedy/Reality as it's genre.
  • AneechikAneechik Posts: 20,208
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I briefly lived in Harpurhey ten years ago. It's exactly like it is on the show.
  • Rowan HedgeRowan Hedge Posts: 3,861
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aneechik wrote: »
    I briefly lived in Harpurhey ten years ago. It's exactly like it is on the show.

Check out the Scottish version called the Scheme, full episodes are on YouTube, all the favourites are there Starvin Marvin & Bullet the dog (now living in London under an alias, the dog not Starvin Marvin), Dayna the dopey druggy and the family of jaikies better known as the Cunnighams and last but not least the mother from hell Kay with the gormless daughters who takes in every ned with a habit, not forgetting her frequent punch ups with neighbours.

There is also an Irish version called The Estate.:D
  • LaceyLouelle3LaceyLouelle3 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    That porky blonde girl 'singing' to those poor puppies was rather funny :D
  • DamienSDamienS Posts: 12,323
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Paul bloke is non stop strong for his family, good guy! Should be appreciated more
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    Aneechik wrote: »

Christ, really? I thought people like that only existed in the Daily Mail. Car crash TV; vaguely compelling but depressing at the same time. Do the cameras follow the same people in each episode?
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 410
    Forum Member
    When Maddy was balling, then turned to Paul saying 'what am i gonna go when fluffy goes?', i nearly pee'd my pants!

Pidge was a grade A scrote, urgh

I like Paul, he's a grafter if nothing else
  • lynwood3lynwood3 Posts: 24,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Mrs. Wishy Washy treats her husband like a slave. She is bone idle.
  • clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    I lived in Harpurhey for a couple of years and my mum still does so I still visit and I found it absolutely fine- if people think Harpurhey is bad they should try going to Miles Platting.
    Article in todays MEN
  • NewExampleNewExample Posts: 1,196
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They're all so rough :o the Wishy Washy girl is really pretty though :) she should be a model.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    beware that ginger lad is coming to a street near you
  • urt31urt31 Posts: 2,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kazzabeee wrote: »
    Amber was not offered a place in Drama School. She was offered a conditional place at Essex University. Funny how my daughter got proper letters from the unis she applied for but Amber gets texts! There are no loans/grants available for Drama School, you have to pay for everything!

Not true. The drama department at Essex is East 15 which is a fully accredited drama school and a member of CDS and NCDT. The two drama school accrediting bodies. The vast majority of drama schools are part of other universities as it is a more efficient way of running. They usually offer 3 year acting courses that give you a BA degree at the end. They have the same financial support and application systems as other universities. They just add on a significant audition process. So basically you have no idea what you are on about.

That said, how on earth she got into somewhere as well respected as East 15 I'll never know. It's an extremely selective course, as are the majority of acting (not drama) courses.
  • wolfticketwolfticket Posts: 913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Andagha wrote: »
    This has to be a spoof reality show - I notice Chris Langham and Emma Kennedy are listed in my EPG underneath the details. It also has Comedy/Reality as it's genre.
    Sounds like the EPG is mistakenly using the description from the 90's mockumentary of the same name (which is very very funny btw).
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    I'm catching up with all the eps so far on i-Player.

'Get rich or try dying.' :D Buahahahaha!
  • Millie MuppetMillie Muppet Posts: 6,853
    Forum Member
    Oh yeah and Nicola = Zlatan Ibrahimovic :D
  • bgtensionbgtension Posts: 764
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    These kids should just be locked up now, bloody delinquents!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How many houses does this bloke own?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a trollop she looks now.
  • phill363phill363 Posts: 24,311
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear this programme never fails to make me laugh
  • Jackie BrownJackie Brown Posts: 3,254
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That Paul seems a really decent guy and a good dad.

The mum is a lazy swamp monster. :eek:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That Paul seems a really decent guy and a good dad.

The mum is a lazy swamp monster. :eek:
    They have ruined that kid though. Sandwiches at 2 am? No wonder she's unhappy with her size.
  • wazzyboywazzyboy Posts: 13,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    phill363 wrote: »
    Oh dear this programme never fails to make me laugh

Some of the things some of them say are funny, but I'd not find it funny living among some of them.