Emmerdale - what a joke!

124»

Comments

• sconescone Posts: 14,850
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That drug dealer can't have got scared and just disappeared, he will return, it's obvious
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Watching it last night, I though Declan and Megan would have worked better if they'd been cast as husband and wife - there's a real chemistry between them that isn't apparent between Declan and Katie.

And why does Cain decide to pick on Bob in tonight's episode? I like Bob - he's harmless. If it came to a fight between Bob and Cain, I'd be backing Team Bob!

Just like to add my name to the chorus calling for Debbie Dingle's downfall - hopefully she'll come unstuck big time.
  • Hound of LoveHound of Love Posts: 80,082
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gboy wrote: »
    Watching it last night, I though Declan and Megan would have worked better if they'd been cast as husband and wife - there's a real chemistry between them that isn't apparent between Declan and Katie.

And why does Cain decide to pick on Bob in tonight's episode? I like Bob - he's harmless. If it came to a fight between Bob and Cain, I'd be backing Team Bob!

Just like to add my name to the chorus calling for Debbie Dingle's downfall - hopefully she'll come unstuck big time.

Cain is always a bullying git to characters weaker than him. Look at the way he treats Dan.
  • GlendarrochGlendarroch Posts: 20,489
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cain is always a bullying git to characters weaker than him. Look at the way he treats Dan.

be fair, Cain doesn't discriminate - he picks on everyone when he's in a strop:p He has another go at Cameron tonight as well.
    Bob does stand up for himself though, which is good to see.
  • SteganStegan Posts: 5,039
    Forum Member
    Thought Emmerdale couldn't get any sillier until tonight's episode? We had the highly unlikely scenario of a gun toting Debbie ' Annie Get Your Gun' Dingle on the verge of shooting Chas to death. This storyline lurches from the ridiculous to the ludicrous beyond belief. It’s embarrassing and cringeworthy, and the actors must be thinking the same if they have the slightest shred of intelligence.

Take the highly unlikely premise for a just a moment if you will. Surely Chas would have been able to easily overpower Debbie who is a scrawny little runt, especially with her army training wouldn't she? Of course DD knows just how to shoot and load Zak's gun which has been conveniently left available for her to collect. Then we have Cain who knows just where to go and find them both, before egging on his daughter to shoot his sister. Do these writers actually get paid for this utter nonsensical drivel?

If this is the best the writers can come up with then they should just give up and let someone else have a go.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Stegan wrote: »
    Thought Emmerdale couldn't get any sillier until tonight's episode? We had the highly unlikely scenario of a gun toting Debbie ' Annie Get Your Gun' Dingle on the verge of shooting Chas to death. This storyline lurches from the ridiculous to the ludicrous beyond belief. It’s embarrassing and cringeworthy, and the actors must be thinking the same if they have the slightest shred of intelligence.

Take the highly unlikely premise for a just a moment if you will. Surely Chas would have been able to easily overpower Debbie who is a scrawny little runt, especially with her army training wouldn't she? Of course DD knows just how to shoot and load Zak's gun which has been conveniently left available for her to collect. Then we have Cain who knows just where to go and find them both, before egging on his daughter to shoot his sister. Do these writers actually get paid for this utter nonsensical drivel?

If this is the best the writers can come up with then they should just give up and let someone else have a go.

Yes, of course she would take the chance of overpowering someone who was holding a gun. As for Cain egging on his daughter it was reverse psychology, and it worked. That was clear - he was pushing her, taking the chance that she couldn't go through with it, which was clear with what he said at the end. It was what it took to break her down and make her lower the gun for long enough to take it off her. I thought there were fantastic performances from all involved, and it certainly wasn't nonsensical drivel -the only bit that required a suspension of disbelief was Cain and Charity finding the barn so quickly.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'll amend what I said previously about Cain and Charity finding the barn so quickly. An FM has posted on another thread that Robbie told Cain where she was going. I missed part of that scene - obviously the important part. So they did explain how Charity and Cain found them.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Still, judging by tonight's episode spoilers, Princess Debbie seems set to get away with her vile behaviour, once again:rolleyes:
  • valtimmyvaltimmy Posts: 7,158
    Forum Member
    Yes, of course she would take the chance of overpowering someone who was holding a gun. As for Cain egging on his daughter it was reverse psychology, and it worked. That was clear - he was pushing her, taking the chance that she couldn't go through with it, which was clear with what he said at the end. It was what it took to break her down and make her lower the gun for long enough to take it off her. I thought there were fantastic performances from all involved, and it certainly wasn't nonsensical drivel -the only bit that required a suspension of disbelief was Cain and Charity finding the barn so quickly.[/QUOTE]

Yes I thought the same. How did they know where to start looking? It seemed quite a long drive away not just round the corner.
    Forum Member
    I'll amend what I said previously about Cain and Charity finding the barn so quickly. An FM has posted on another thread that Robbie told Cain where she was going. I missed part of that scene - obviously the important part. So they did explain how Charity and Cain found them.

I missed that too Glenda!:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    valtimmy wrote: »
    [/B]

I missed that too Glenda!:D

I was in the kitchen stopping my very late tea from burning. What was your excuse:D:D:D:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    it was actually the first episode i have enjoyed in a very long time... Also looking forward to Friday's reveal episode :-)
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I was so excited when I heard that Stuart Blackburn was leaving that I went out and bought myself a new hat. Having watched the offerings of his successor, I am going to take my hat back and get a refund. Fast forward past the Dingle mafia, the terminally boring Home Farm set, the twee 'boy and his dog' story, David/Priya/Alicia nonsense, the Spencers; and what are we left with - the commercials. There must be somebody higher up than her who can put a stop to this rubbish and give us back our Emmerdale.
  • davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,406
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed last night's episode :o first time I've genuinely really enjoyed Emmerdale in ages!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I really enjoyed last night's episode :o first time I've genuinely really enjoyed Emmerdale in ages!

We are a small but growing band, I think:D:D Although I enjoyed Friday's as well. Haven't watched tonight's yet.
    Forum Member
    I was in the kitchen stopping my very late tea from burning. What was your excuse:D:D:D:D

I wouldn't care but I was sat watching it and still missed it!
    I couldn't have been concentrating on it.:D
    Forum Member
    So, Cain Dingle finally relents, clicks his fingers and summons up his apparent legion of 'on call' heavies to swing into action and deal with gangster Kirk, who ends up in a hospital bed - all of course conducted without the merest hitch! No matter that Kirk is supposedly meant to be a seriously heavy villain, a point that has been made a number of times. Also, bear in mind he has been beaten up for absolutely nothing by Cain's 'crew', who must just be twiddling their fingers and thumbs until their leader Cain comes a calling, at which point they will apparently drop everything to appease him.

Of course, Kirk won't come looking for Cain or Debbie seeking retribution or won’t be sending out any of his own ‘heavies’ will he? No, he will lie in his hospital bed in pain, quivering with fear and want to forget about the whole thing as if it just didn't happen. Infact, I doubt we'll ever see or hear from him again....as if.

Meanwhile, Cain isn't in the least bit fearful of the consequences of what he’s done is he? No, the two bit, back street no mark can transform himself into Al Capone when the so called 'script' demands it and so can rest easy and carry on with his pathetic love life. His grandchildren and daughter have nothing whatsoever to fear then..right. They won’t have to go into hiding or anything like that then? What about poor old Moira, is she safe? Probably.This is Emmerdale we're talking about here.

By the way, what happened to the tough, uncompromising Debbie ’Corleone’ Dingle who feared nothing but now sees a midget as her only hope of salvation? Ah, I see, she has simply reverted back to her normal character pre Cameron’s dumping of her.

What a ridiculous and lamentable soap this can be at times - the writers are utterly useless and stretch artistic licence and credibility to breaking point. It’s not meant to be a comedy I know, but it’s just so laughable and silly most of the time these days.
  • DixonDixon Posts: 12,987
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Cain and Debbie stuff is ridiculous nosense! But it looks like a piece of Shakespeare when compared to the Sharma/ Rachel baby story.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,849
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emmerdale's foray into gangster territory are always a bit laughable. Kirk looked about as scary as Heather Trott.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,189
    Forum Member
    Emmerdale hasn't been good since Gavin Blythe died... Not for me anyway....
    Too many wooden actors, boring characters and shameful stories....
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So, Cain Dingle finally relents, clicks his fingers and summons up his apparent legion of 'on call' heavies to swing into action and deal with gangster Kirk, who ends up in a hospital bed - all of course conducted without the merest hitch! No matter that Kirk is supposedly meant to be a seriously heavy villain, a point that has been made a number of times. Also, bear in mind he has been beaten up for absolutely nothing by Cain's 'crew', who must just be twiddling their fingers and thumbs until their leader Cain comes a calling, at which point they will apparently drop everything to appease him.

Of course, Kirk won't come looking for Cain or Debbie seeking retribution or won’t be sending out any of his own ‘heavies’ will he? No, he will lie in his hospital bed in pain, quivering with fear and want to forget about the whole thing as if it just didn't happen. Infact, I doubt we'll ever see or hear from him again....as if.

Meanwhile, Cain isn't in the least bit fearful of the consequences of what he’s done is he? No, the two bit, back street no mark can transform himself into Al Capone when the so called 'script' demands it and so can rest easy and carry on with his pathetic love life. His grandchildren and daughter have nothing whatsoever to fear then..right. They won’t have to go into hiding or anything like that then? What about poor old Moira, is she safe? Probably.This is Emmerdale we're talking about here.

By the way, what happened to the tough, uncompromising Debbie ’Corleone’ Dingle who feared nothing but now sees a midget as her only hope of salvation? Ah, I see, she has simply reverted back to her normal character pre Cameron’s dumping of her.

What a ridiculous and lamentable soap this can be at times - the writers are utterly useless and stretch artistic licence and credibility to breaking point. It’s not meant to be a comedy I know, but it’s just so laughable and silly most of the time these days.

Debbie has always been an obnoxious cow, so no change on that score.

Great post though!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,325
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Brilliant post :D
  • Janet PlankJanet Plank Posts: 10,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

A brilliant post, stegan. It should be a criminal offence what the producers/writers have done with Emmerdale, which surely can't continue much longer.
    Forum Member
    Had to laugh the other night on Emmerdale. Pathetic wannabe hard man Robbie standing there, all 4' 6" of him, threatening to sort out gangster Kirk for 'grassing him up'. What was he going to do, cut his drip feed as he lay there in hospital after being battered senseless by Cain's ever ready henchmen?
  • gboygboy Posts: 4,989
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought last night's episodes were two of the best episodes in a long time - Debbie's emotional outburst towards her family, only to discover it was her own daughter who 'shopped' her: brilliant stuff. The final scene of her lying in the rubbish in tears was good.

The only thing that let the episodes down for me is all the tedious stuff about Val & co emigrating to Portugal. However, if this is a precursor to Paul Lambert returning to Emmerdale full-time, then I won't complain too much...