Options

Should they bring back vote to save?

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I know Vote To Evict gets rid of people we 'hate' easily but the way things are now - I can see it being the final of the dullards.

The final two should be Gina and Dexter - however, with the vote to evict format - they'll probably be evicted before it. Leaving the final for the likes of Sam, Callum and Twit & Tw*t.

Comments

• Options
    V1Chris21V1Chris21 Posts: 2,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unfortunately, Channel 5 won't notice until it's too late and have lost loads of viewers, without the likes of Gina, Dexter and Dan I can't see myself watching. Can you imagine tuning in to a house of the twins, Jackie, Sam, Sophie and Callum?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,115
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    V1Chris21 wrote: »
    Unfortunately, Channel 5 won't notice until it's too late and have lost loads of viewers, without the likes of Gina, Dexter and Dan I can't see myself watching. Can you imagine tuning in to a house of the twins, Jackie, Sam, Sophie and Callum?

This. I do like Sophie but she hasn't done a crazy amount that'd keep me watching and watching. Yawning'ell.
  • Options
    Derbyshire.Derbyshire. Posts: 1,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No vote to save encourages troll votes.
  • Options
    JayPee86JayPee86 Posts: 3,565
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No vote to save encourages troll votes.

:confused::confused::confused: what?

they will bring it back next year im sure of it.
    i actually believe re-introducing negative voting was the most ridiculous idea in the entire shows history.

utterly bizarre decision.
  • Options
    TheManWhoLaughsTheManWhoLaughs Posts: 7,271
    Forum Member
    Vote-to-save gave us the fascinating finalists Louise, Alex, LukeA, LukeS and Sara, so I don't know why people somehow think it creates phenomenal endgames :yawn:

Vote-to-save is better at the start when anyone who stands out becomes a target, but by the end it makes a series more predictable. Evict is only a problem when they do something crazy like put everyone up (BB7 Nikki's eviction) or kick out four at once (BB11).
  • Options
    Ronell_DavisRonell_Davis Posts: 4,415
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They should change it back halfway through the series as it's coming to an end and people know who there favourites are so they should encourage people to save them.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I know Vote To Evict gets rid of people we 'hate' easily but the way things are now - I can see it being the final of the dullards.

The final two should be Gina and Dexter - however, with the vote to evict format - they'll probably be evicted before it. Leaving the final for the likes of Sam, Callum and Twit & Tw*t.

i prefer vote to evict , how the original bb format was , its much much better
  • Options
    curnowcurnow Posts: 742
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    people moan so much when it was vote to save , all those without brain cells , if it head to head to dont matter but with several up your favorite will be in trouble ie: if Gina & Dexter along with a couple of the dull ones
  • Options
    Cloudy2Cloudy2 Posts: 6,864
    Forum Member
    My feeling is yes, vote to save should be brought back.

I expect C5 changed things this year because voting revenue was down. Thinking about it who would have saved most of last years h/m. This year is different Gina and Dexter are popular and are up most weeks this would have brought in loads of save votes. I have not voted this year because there has been nobody I have particularly wanted to evict who had a chance of going. I would have voted to save Gina.
  • Options
    SCLeeSCLee Posts: 1,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Vote to save is the choice of the sane person. Poll please.
  • Options
    Save FerrisSave Ferris Posts: 252
    Forum Member
    No. Vote to evict got rid of the detestable Sallie. Result!
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JayPee86 wrote: »
    :confused::confused::confused: what?

they will bring it back next year im sure of it.
    i actually believe re-introducing negative voting was the most ridiculous idea in the entire shows history.

utterly bizarre decision.

all they needed to do with the voting was ensure more than two were up on a vote to save. Instead they ensure more than two are up but make it a vote to evict. Makes no sense.

And yes they need to do something about those who are doing nothing including Sam (who I quite like but still....) and Sophie, and Jackie. Dull as imho.
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    IMO Vote to evict is for the viewer that likes to watch the Walton's because that is what we will have in a couple of weeks.
  • Options
    Kezia7Kezia7 Posts: 1,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SCLee wrote: »
    Vote to save is the choice of the sane person. Poll please.

I'm perfectly sane thank you but I would never vote in a vote to save. I prefer to vote to evict the person I least like especially when there are 2 or 3 that I do like because I would then have to vote for each of them & I don't like filling Ch5/BB coffers by multiple voting!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MACTOWIN wrote: »
    IMO Vote to evict is for the viewer that likes to watch the Walton's because that is what we will have in a couple of weeks.

What brilliant finalists has vote to save produced?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vote-to-save gave us the fascinating finalists Louise, Alex, LukeA, LukeS and Sara, so I don't know why people somehow think it creates phenomenal endgames :yawn:

Vote-to-save is better at the start when anyone who stands out becomes a target, but by the end it makes a series more predictable. Evict is only a problem when they do something crazy like put everyone up (BB7 Nikki's eviction) or kick out four at once (BB11).

that is because they went with only two up which makes no difference with a vote to save or evict.

It has to be a minimum of three up for it to work.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kezia7 wrote: »
    I'm perfectly sane thank you but I would never vote in a vote to save. I prefer to vote to evict the person I least like especially when there are 2 or 3 that I do like because I would then have to vote for each of them & I don't like filling Ch5/BB coffers by multiple voting!!

Vote to save keeps the big characters and ensures one of them wins!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Really......like who???
  • Options
    chemical2009bchemical2009b Posts: 5,250
    Forum Member
    Kezia7 wrote: »
    Really......like who???

Think about the lack of VTS had in the BB11 semi final.
  • Options
    carnoch04carnoch04 Posts: 10,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Can you remind me of all the non-dullards who have graced the finals since VTS started?
    Every single BB has dullards in the final as they are very rarely nominated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »
    Can you remind me of all the non-dullards who have graced the finals since VTS started?

this is another flaw in BB - the noms process. not sure what we can do about that, other than an all up on a vote to save with a double eviction about half way through the run.

Last year was dire to be fair not really any decent HMs to choose from. However on a vote to save with three up the ending would have been different I think.

Re the year before Aaron and Jay both got through to the final on a vote to save - a vote to evict and they would both have been gone imho. And love them or not they deserved their place in the final.

the problem with people like Alex is that they don't face a vote until they get to the final. that is why an all up half way through would sort that out.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    carnoch04 wrote: »

Speidi came second, enough said!
  • Options
    MACTOWINMACTOWIN Posts: 34,978
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cornchips wrote: »
    this is another flaw in BB - the noms process. not sure what we can do about that, other than an all up on a vote to save with a double eviction about half way through the run.

Last year was dire to be fair not really any decent HMs to choose from. However on a vote to save with three up the ending would have been different I think.

Re the year before Aaron and Jay both got through to the final on a vote to save - a vote to evict and they would both have been gone imho. And love them or not they deserved their place in the final.

the problem with people like Alex is that they don't face a vote until they get to the final. that is why an all up half way through would sort that out.

I agree.
  • Options
    WhyHelloWorldWhyHelloWorld Posts: 15,494
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have to say I was so pissed off that it was VTE, but Gina and Dexter have managed to survive so far (although I think Gina is going this week) so i can't complain.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Think about the lack of VTS had in the BB11 semi final.

:confused: