Options

EE Home 4GEE (New Price plan) (fixed 4G Broadband)

ard100ard100 Posts: 264
Forum Member
EE do a new product called HOME 4GEE which is available on contact or pay as you go the product is aimed at people with slow or no broadband on pay as yo go it costs £99 and includes a huawei b593 home router (cat 4) which has ethernet ports etc and 10gig of data , Then top ups are £10 for 4gb £15 of 10gb or £25 for 20gb,

The only thing is I do not know where to buy it I only know it was officially lunched on 26th of march 2014

Here is some info i have found

HOME 4GEE: page http://ee.co.uk/help/add-ons-benefits-and-plans/price-and-plans-and-costs/ee-price-plans/home-4gee

.pdf payg home 4gee price plan : http://ee.co.uk/content/dam/ee-help/e-gain.s3.amazonaws.com/external/content/Ts%20and%20Cs/EE_HOME%20PAYG_101213.pdf

HOME 4GEE getting started http://ee.co.uk/help/mobile-and-home-connections/broadband-gallery-mobile-broadband/home-4gee

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This was launched last November & is available in a few trial areas (Lake District, Newcastle, Manchester)

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/10/ee-uk-launch-4g-alternative-home-broadband-trials-300mbps.html
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi I know that but have been told you can buy it in other areas? was told you can buy it from 26th march
    tpk wrote: »
    This was launched last November & is available in a few trial areas (Lake District, Newcastle, Manchester)

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2013/10/ee-uk-launch-4g-alternative-home-broadband-trials-300mbps.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 691
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as far as I'm aware, but you could always call up direct sales / check in a EE store.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi I did call up web sales and the guy to my you can get it from 26th of march but he did not know how to order it, EE is a very difficult company to deal with
    tpk wrote: »
    Not as far as I'm aware, but you could always call up direct sales / check in a EE store.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,133
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The website , app and the call centre staff are in a complete mess at the minute :(

No one seems to know what the hell is going on :eek:
  • Options
    qasdfdsaqqasdfdsaq Posts: 3,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just "at the minute"?
  • Options
    DevonBlokeDevonBloke Posts: 6,835
    Forum Member
    I think this ultimately will be how I will get faster broadband at home.
    But at £30 for 20GB they are having a laugh!
    I assume there will be a £50 for 50GB option in a minute but this is still too expensive for a service that is essentially not mobile.
    Is should be at least a little cheaper than the mobile options, right from the start.
    If they did 80GB for £50-£60 then I'd probably sign up now.... if I could.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DevonBloke wrote: »
    I assume there will be a £50 for 50GB option in a minute but this is still too expensive for a service that is essentially not mobile.
    Is should be at least a little cheaper than the mobile options, right from the start.

Haha imagine a lot of places will end up using 4G specially if they extremely rural like you. One of the massive benefits Fibre to Distribution Point will solve sadly we are still a few years away from that happening nationally [Trial areas just begun Town/Village in North Yorkshire is the first]
  • Options
    Forum Member
    HOME 4GEE is £25 for 20gig when that runs out you can buy another add on, IT cost £99 on PAYG and that is worth it for the huawei b593s22 router alone huawei b586s22 http://support.huawei.com/ecommunity/bbs/10176957.html

Normal mobile broadband is £50 for 50gb on ee which witha huawei portable wifi 4g e5776 but EE are discontinuing that device is June and a new 300mbps huawei e5786 will replace it,

http://consumer.huawei.com/en/mobile-broadband/mobile-wifi/features/e5786s-32a-en.htm
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Looks like they do a small business version now called office 4GEE you still get the huawei b593 http://ee.co.uk/business/small/your-office/office-4gee

Looks like it is only in a few areas at the moment Mancester Hull Newcastle Cumbria but rolling out to other areas soon hope it comes to south east wales broadband in Monmouthshire is poor,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ard100 wrote: »
    Looks like they do a small business version now called office 4GEE you still get the huawei b593 http://ee.co.uk/business/small/your-office/office-4gee

Looks like it is only in a few areas at the moment Mancester Hull Newcastle Cumbria but rolling out to other areas soon hope it comes to south east wales broadband in Monmouthshire is poor,

Thanks for this. Love the way they call it a "massive" 20GB. They are clearly deluded! :)
    Can someone tell me why this needs to be "rolled out"?
    Surely it's just a big non-portable MiFi isn't it?
    Won't it work anywhere?
    If I plugged one in down here, would it not just connect to EE4G as per normal?
  • Options
    jabbamk1jabbamk1 Posts: 8,942
    Forum Member

That's why I'm confused. EE do 50GB on their portable Mi-Fi but on their Home Mi-Fi they do a maximum of 20GB.

What's that about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Sure no problem It will work any where that has EE 4G/3G/2G it is a mains powered b593 4g/router with payg just pay £99 inc 10gb and when the data runs out on your screen you will have the option to buy another 4gb or 10gb or 20gb add on, You can top up via CC/Debit card or paypoint type swipe top up card

What I was wondering is if some one was is Hull Manchester or Cumbria or Newcastle do they have stock in the EE shops there? I live to far away from there to just pop in
    Thanks for this. Love the way they call it a "massive" 20GB. They are clearly deluded! :)
    Can someone tell me why this needs to be "rolled out"?
    Won't it work anywhere?
    If I plugged one in down here, would it not just connect to EE4G as per normal?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am not sure I don't think EE know what they are up to half the time.

Just found out today that if you have a phone on payg on EE (not t-mob/orange) you can not buy a top up voucher like on t-mobile orange on EE payg if you dial 450 to top up there is no option to top up via voucher for it so if you misplace the top up card or it stops working you can only top up via credit card and most EE shops do not have replacement top up cards in stock:o
    jabbamk1 wrote: »
    That's why I'm confused. EE do 50GB on their portable Mi-Fi but on their Home Mi-Fi they do a maximum of 20GB.

What's that about?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jabbamk1 wrote: »

What's that about?

I know, it's dumb.
    Firstly a fixed service should be cheaper than a mobile one.
    As far as where it can be used, they would have to lock it down by mast/cell and that isn't happening is it!
    It must be just that they will only currently supply it depending on where you live or are going to install it.
    I'm fully prepared to pay for the data. £50 for 50GB, £80 for 100GB, £100 for 150GB might be a good starting point EE! Then lets come down from there! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    We should email the EE CEO

I would be willing to pay that as well and i know of other people in south east wales who would pay that,

From what I have found out you can buy it in EE shops in Hull Manchester or Cumbria or Newcastle,
    I know, it's dumb.
    Firstly a fixed service should be cheaper than a mobile one.
    As far as where it can be used, they would have to lock it down by mast/cell and that isn't happening is it!
    It must be just that they will only currently supply it depending on where you live or are going to install it.
    I'm fully prepared to pay for the data. £50 for 50GB, £80 for 100GB, £100 for 150GB might be a good starting point EE! Then lets come down from there! :)
  • Options
    jonmorrisjonmorris Posts: 21,774
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder what BT will do with its 4G licence? Isn't that more than likely going to be used for what EE is offering (or not, depending on who you speak to and what the weather is like at the time).

I think that if EE, or any network, decided to offer home (mobile) broadband and priced it at a level that was competitive against a fixed line, and offering a far higher speed than you'd otherwise get, it would be very popular.

A proper home hub/router is also a lot more sensible than a MiFi - and an external antenna connection would also make sense in many cases.

Of course the network would also need to cope with the usage, but if you were going to be making £30-50 per month then you bloody well should be able to expand the network to cope. And what else is BT going to do with its 4G allocation?

I'd expect an allowance of at least 40-50GB, and also some level of flexibility - such as being able to roll over some of your allowance from one month to the next, or say roll over just one month at a time. Either that or offer a reasonable rate for run on charges, so I could exceed the limit without being massively punished - or unable to use the net at all until it renews.

EE is still trying to milk customers for as much as it can though - but for how much longer I do not know, especially if churn is rising.

At the moment, none of its mobile broadband deals are particularly competitive but people presumably pay if they want fast 4G data.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Who knows? The capability is certainly in place. In Germany they do similar things - as well as provide "home" tariffs that are cheaper, but only when on your home masts...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    qasdfdsaq wrote: »
    Who knows? The capability is certainly in place. In Germany they do similar things - as well as provide "home" tariffs that are cheaper, but only when on your home masts...

Imagine a network that used Cell Broadcast to show local STD codes and offer cheap calls within that area? Oh, yes, I had that very tariff on Vodafone back in the early 1990s. Can't remember exactly what the tariff was called now. I know it was Metro something, but Metrozone sounds wrong.

Basically local calls were 5p/minute at all times or something. Was a nightmare if you were on the edge of two zones though, although later on they did have some crossover to try and solve that. Oh the fun of waiting to see the codes scroll along on my Motorola 7200....!
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »
    Imagine a network that used Cell Broadcast to show local STD codes and offer cheap calls within that area? Oh, yes, I had that very tariff on Vodafone back in the early 1990s. Can't remember exactly what the tariff was called now. I know it was Metro something, but Metrozone sounds wrong.

Basically local calls were 5p/minute at all times or something. Was a nightmare if you were on the edge of two zones though, although later on they did have some crossover to try and solve that. Oh the fun of waiting to see the codes scroll along on my Motorola 7200....!

O2 used to offer some sort of bolt on that gave you very cheap/no cost calls within your home postcode. I remember trying it twice and both times having to get a refund because it never worked, I guess it was because I was in a rural area and they were unable to properly map my postcode to a set of cell sites or something.
  • Options
    mooxmoox Posts: 18,880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Haha imagine a lot of places will end up using 4G specially if they extremely rural like you. One of the massive benefits Fibre to Distribution Point will solve sadly we are still a few years away from that happening nationally [Trial areas just begun Town/Village in North Yorkshire is the first]

FTDP sounds like a completely stupid idea. If you're going to put the effort in to get the fibre onto the poles, is it really so much more difficult to string the fibre the extra 10m to the house and do the job properly? Especially as overhead FTTP is something BT do today.
  • Options
    paulkerpaulker Posts: 927
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jonmorris wrote: »

It was called Vodafone MetroCall. i had the Vodafone branded Motorola Digiflip aka 5200. I think it was 5p a minute within your zone, 20p within cities and 50p per min in the sticks. Something like that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, national calls were more expensive than the regular tariff. That was the trade off.
  • Options
    enapaceenapace Posts: 4,303
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    moox wrote: »
    FTDP sounds like a completely stupid idea. If you're going to put the effort in to get the fibre onto the poles, is it really so much more difficult to string the fibre the extra 10m to the house and do the job properly? Especially as overhead FTTP is something BT do today.

Actually it is a far better idea than national FTTP it is the last 10-20 metres of fibre that is actually the most expensive to do. Think about it they would need arrange an engineer to come to every house and in some places the cables go under the ground not via poles so they need to dig up the wire for every house that needed it. Costs quickly sky rocket where as with FTTdp they would only need the one visit per area.

It will provide incredibly high speeds once they rollout G.Fast and Vectoring as well which they have confirmed is on the cards. Maybe not quite as fast as a true fibre connection but BT already offer Fibre on Demand imagine when you only need the last 10-20 metres pricing for would be far more reasonable then it currently is.

National FTTP cost would be between £20-30 billion depending on who makes the estimate maybe in cities BT may do a bigger commercial rollout of FTTP in a few years but they certainly won't do it on a national scale that would require a massive amount of tax payers money. Plus National FTTdp would allow people on FTTC lines who are to far away from cabinets at moment to receive super fast speeds to benefit as well [Like DevonBloke]. That would bring us up to about 97% of the UK covered getting at least 30mbps connections then we could look at doing the last few areas with a injection of smaller tax payers money to get missing 3%.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    enapace wrote: »
    Actually it is a far better idea than national FTTP it is the last 10-20 metres of fibre that is actually the most expensive to do. Think about it they would need arrange an engineer to come to every house and in some places the cables go under the ground not via poles so they need to dig up the wire for every house that needed it. Costs quickly sky rocket where as with FTTdp they would only need the one visit per area.

It will provide incredibly high speeds once they rollout G.Fast and Vectoring as well which they have confirmed is on the cards. Maybe not quite as fast as a true fibre connection but BT already offer Fibre on Demand imagine when you only need the last 10-20 metres pricing for would be far more reasonable then it currently is.
    Agreed, however it's a one time investment to support future speeds of 10Gbps and more and perhaps could, like it is now, be made available to specific individuals who want it and are willing to pay the installation cost.

Certainly, it'd be cheaper than FTTPoD now if it can run just to the drop point instead of the NGA A-node.