Linda Bellingham Has Passed Away

anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
Forum Member
✭✭✭✭
They've just announced on GMB that Linda has lost her fight against cancer and passed away in her husbands arms yesterday. She didn't make it to Christmas which was her dying wish. So very sad.

Sorry if there's an existing thread. I did a search before I opened this one but nothing came up.

Comments

• dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is very sad
  • BelligerenceBelligerence Posts: 40,613
    Forum Member
    RIP.

I think she recorded something for Loose Women last week?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    RIP.

Yes she did and she appeared on This Morning also. It's quite shocking how quickly cancer can spread. So sad she didn't make it to Christmas.
  • Steve_CardanasSteve_Cardanas Posts: 4,188
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RIP.

did she not to her last show on friday
  • Joey BoswellJoey Boswell Posts: 25,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So sad, she was a brave lady, RIP Linda.
  • jiroosjiroos Posts: 15,212
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RIP.

She did - so very sad.:(

https://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/524629/Lynda-Bellingham-comforts-Loose-Women-panel

Rest in perfect peace Lynda.
  • Simon_Morris2Simon_Morris2 Posts: 89
    Forum Member
    That loose women episode is supposed to be on this Wednesday I doubt they'll show it now :(
  • mimicolemimicole Posts: 50,998
    Forum Member
    Yes she did and she appeared on This Morning also. It's quite shocking how quickly cancer can spread. So sad she didn't make it to Christmas.

RIP Lynda.

I was surprised that it happened so quickly. :(

My thoughts go out to her family and loved ones. Cancer is a terrible disease.
  • d56d56 Posts: 5,471
    Forum Member
    RIP Lynda :(:(
  • 80sfan80sfan Posts: 18,522
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just heard the news on the radio. RIP Lynda :(
  • Smithy1204Smithy1204 Posts: 4,352
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very strong and dignified lady, a lot of respect for her.

Cancer is such a horrible, horrible illness, awful to go through and awful to watch someone you love go through. Hope her family and friends are coping as best as they can do.
  • Cally's mumCally's mum Posts: 4,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just heard about this via a message on my FB page. Very sad and a lot sooner than the public thought. RIP, Linda. You were a brilliant lady and will be much missed.

PS: I suspect that the Loose Women episode will still go out in tribute to her. It was scheduled for Wednesday, I believe. Of course, it depends on the wishes of the family.
  • CELT1987CELT1987 Posts: 12,358
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sad news.
  • angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Such sad news.
  • Ella NutElla Nut Posts: 9,007
    Forum Member
    I felt like I grew up with the Oxo mum in a way so this has saddened me greatly. I didn't expect her passing to be so sudden. RIP Lynda.
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She fought it with bravery though and like others have said its a tragedy she didn't get to have her one last wish and spend Christmas with her family.

Shows you also how destructive cancer is once you stop chemo though. It was her wish and sadly it caught up with her too quick.
  • vaslav37vaslav37 Posts: 69,536
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very sad news. RIP Lynda.
  • Nesta RobbinsNesta Robbins Posts: 30,823
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sad news this morning. Lynda always seemed like a naturally warm, funny and lovely soul.
  • Kay2000Kay2000 Posts: 3,906
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad news.
  • JayinthegardenJayinthegarden Posts: 1,191
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Didn't think I'd ever be as upset as I am over the death of a celebrity. A nice woman, a good actress and someone you always felt you could relate too. ( Maureen Lipman is the only other celeb about which I'd feel the same) Glad you're at peace now Lynda and pain free
  • Madridista23Madridista23 Posts: 9,422
    Forum Member
    Such a shame. There's nothing more you can say really.
  • skp20040skp20040 Posts: 66,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sometimes a famous persons death does upset you a bit, this news made me feel very sad, she was such a lovely feisty lady, I am sorry she didn't get to have her last Christmas as she so wanted but it is good to hear that she went peacefully and in her husbands arms.

RIP Linda
  • Poppy99_PoppyPoppy99_Poppy Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She was a genuine and warm person, a rarity in showbiz. A great sense of humour. I am watching Lorraine and they were just starting to pay tribute to her and their fire alarm has gone off and messages are being played that they should evacuate. They are now leaving the building. Lynda, is that you, you minx?
  • anyonefortennisanyonefortennis Posts: 111,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    She was a genuine and warm person, a rarity in showbiz. A great sense of humour. I am watching Lorraine and they were just starting to pay tribute to her and their fire alarm has gone off and messages are being played that they should evacuate. They are now leaving the building. Lynda, is that you, you minx?

I was just thinking that she would be laughing at that.
  • Mr_EyeMr_Eye Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Dead people aren't usually capable of committing arson.