Travelodge WiFi

ianxianx Posts: 9,190
Forum Member
Does anyone know if Travelodge WiFi vouchers can be used for multiple devices?

Comments

• pinkyponk34pinkyponk34 Posts: 1,244
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know but I'll use this opportunity to slag off Travelodge.

£10 for an hour of Wi-Fi ?

Thieving ratbags, it's free in most other hotels.
  • spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't stay anywhere there isn't free wifi and I would never ever stay in a Travel Lodge, awful places.
  • Lou KellyLou Kelly Posts: 2,778
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't stay anywhere there isn't free wifi and I would never ever stay in a Travel Lodge, awful places.

Not really, not when you only pay £19 per night; they are perfectly acceptable.

In answer to the OP, yes you can use multiple devices.
  • ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    Lou Kelly wrote: »
    Thanks.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's £5 per hour £10 for 24 hours. Still robbing bastards.

Even our local hotels and pub have free Wifi.
  • IqoniqIqoniq Posts: 6,299
    Forum Member
    If you have Sky, you may have free access to Cloud wi-fi. I've got access to it and all you have to do it download the Sky app to your phone or tablet from either the iTunes or Play Store (it's free), and then use your Sky ID ( yourchosenusername@sky.com) and password. It'll download the hotspot list and then you just find the nearest one to you. It will work on your laptop too, but I've not downloaded the app for it yet. I was out a couple of weeks ago and a pub down the road had a hotspot although the one I was in didn't, but my phone still auto-connected to it.

Another thing that may work is if you can tether your phone and use it as a mobile hotspot through the phones 3/4G connection. I've got all you can eat data on my phone account and I regularly tether my laptop or tablet to it if there's no other way I can get access. Two things I'd recommend if you do this are installing a bandwidth monitor on your phone and checking your contract. The bandwidth monitor should have an automatic cut off once you reach a certain level of your bandwidth (it's a good idea to set this at around 90% of your limit). If you're using Android I'd recommend Onavo Data Monitor as it's free and does what it says. Also, check your contract as some contracts won't allow tethering, so if you do it you could end up with huge bill.
  • DrFlowDemandDrFlowDemand Posts: 2,121
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stayed in a travelodge recently and it had free wifi.
  • howard hhoward h Posts: 23,350
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I stayed in Travelodge recently and Fifi cost me a fortune.

Oh....ooops :o
  • lozengerlozenger Posts: 4,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wifi is usually free for the 1st half hour, then around £10 for 24 hours. Every time I stay in travelodge I sign up and pay for the extra wifi (you will get an email confirmation). Then afterwards, I complain to them that my room didnt have a great reception - have always had a full refund so far. (maybe they will rumble me now tho :o)
  • spanglerokapispanglerokapi Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

So is camping to some people!
  • walterwhitewalterwhite Posts: 56,564
    Forum Member

I've stayed in hotels that charged £200 a night and charged extra for wi-fi. Travelodge have to make money from somewhere when they sell rooms for £12.
  • ianxianx Posts: 9,190
    Forum Member
    lozenger wrote: »
    Wifi is usually free for the 1st half hour, then around £10 for 24 hours. Every time I stay in travelodge I sign up and pay for the extra wifi (you will get an email confirmation). Then afterwards, I complain to them that my room didnt have a great reception - have always had a full refund so far. (maybe they will rumble me now tho :o)
    Hmmm, I'm not sure how that would work as they'd presumably know how long you'd used it and how much you'd downloaded.

Still, I'll keep that in mind ... :o
  • DEmmersonDEmmerson Posts: 1,650
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Try connectify. It allows you to turn a laptop into a hotspot using the wifi. Connect other devices to the Connectify hotspot and voila.

Free version works for cabled and wifi internet connections, biut you'll have to buy the pro version to use any 3g connections.

I only ever use the free version and stop the service when I'm not using it.
  • GetMeOuttaHereGetMeOuttaHere Posts: 17,357
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We stayed in a Travelodge earlier this year. As we was only sleeping there we wanted the essentials, clean and tidy with a comfy bed. We paid for a weeks wifi which was £20 and ran 2 laptops and 2 phones from our connection.

Where do people get these cheap deals? We booked online in advance and paid £39 per night.
  • sandydunesandydune Posts: 10,986
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I prefer Premier Inn as the beds are more comfy and wifi is much more simple and enjoyable.
  • StigglesStiggles Posts: 9,618
    Forum Member
    sandydune wrote: »
    I prefer Premier Inn as the beds are more comfy and wifi is much more simple and enjoyable.

Indeed.

We stayed in the travel lodge at Glasgow airport last June the night before we flew out on holiday. Checked in, got to room and the bed was terrible. Pillows were as thin as A4 sheets of paper and there was a tiny old style portable telly with 4 working channels. 1 to 4! We left and went next door to the premier inn which was lovely and had a nice big 40" telly on the wall. Bed was superb as well.

We are going to Crete in June and have the premier inn booked for outbound and return flights.
    Forum Member

They are also generally far more expensive.
    Forum Member
    We stayed in a Travelodge earlier this year. As we was only sleeping there we wanted the essentials, clean and tidy with a comfy bed. We paid for a weeks wifi which was £20 and ran 2 laptops and 2 phones from our connection.

Where do people get these cheap deals? We booked online in advance and paid £39 per night.

They do sales about 4 times a year, until recently they started as £9 a night but now I think they start at £12. I got a weekend in Bath, supposedly the 2nd most expensive city for hotels in Britain, for £19 each night.
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sign up on their website to receive regular emails from Travelodge to hear about the cheap deals.

If you do not have more than one email address, I suggest to create one for non-important traders' msgs.
  • CitySlickerCitySlicker Posts: 10,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't get what's so wrong with Travelodge - I've stayed in plenty and the only time there has really been a complaint is one where they were in the process of converting over an old hotel to Travelodge branding and it was in a bad state of repair.

Beds are comfy (I was once given room with a really bad mattress but was given a different room straight away without problem), they're as clean as other large chain hotels, the breakfast isn't anything to write home about but I've always been moments walk from a cafe nearby for breakfast, wifi is never a problem as I have always had good 3G on my phone instead.

£19 a room I'm not going to want a lot. When I've been away on corporate events I have been put up in hotels where every member of staff calls me sir and there's been an ice maker at the end of the hall if I choose to order champagne. These hotels cost several hundreds of pounds per night, and when the company's paying it is all very nice. When I'm on business I wouldn't mind a bit of pampering. When I'm on my own money though I'm usually only ever in the hotel room to sleep and I'm in the area for leisure, so I'm not spending my time in the room.

£19 Travelodge beds have always seemed as comfortable as £300 posh hotel beds so when the lights go out who cares?
  • mike1948mike1948 Posts: 2,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't get what's so wrong with Travelodge - I've stayed in plenty and the only time there has really been a complaint is one where they were in the process of converting over an old hotel to Travelodge branding and it was in a bad state of repair.

Beds are comfy (I was once given room with a really bad mattress but was given a different room straight away without problem), they're as clean as other large chain hotels, the breakfast isn't anything to write home about but I've always been moments walk from a cafe nearby for breakfast, wifi is never a problem as I have always had good 3G on my phone instead.

£19 a room I'm not going to want a lot. When I've been away on corporate events I have been put up in hotels where every member of staff calls me sir and there's been an ice maker at the end of the hall if I choose to order champagne. These hotels cost several hundreds of pounds per night, and when the company's paying it is all very nice. When I'm on business I wouldn't mind a bit of pampering. When I'm on my own money though I'm usually only ever in the hotel room to sleep and I'm in the area for leisure, so I'm not spending my time in the room.

£19 Travelodge beds have always seemed as comfortable as £300 posh hotel beds so when the lights go out who cares?

I agree with you.

The only problem I have experienced at Travelodges is from other guests who arrive back at the hotel drunk and noisy in the early hours. However, that could happen at any hotel.
  • cnbcwatchercnbcwatcher Posts: 56,681
    Forum Member

I don't think you can use it on multiple devices at the same time though.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,203
    Forum Member
    So is camping to some people!
    AH but do they have internet then?? Cause apparently these days no-one can live without the internet for more than an hour:eek:
    Thanks for that. I'm staying in a Premier Inn for the 1st time this week and have no idea what's ahead of me lol.
    I usually stay in a Travel Lodge.

It totally amuses me how people only think about WiFi etc and how much it will cost, As God forbid you will have to pay for something OR have to live without the internet for a day or so. I mean, seriously, unless it's for work reasons, why is the interent so important? If it's for Twitter/Facebook etc then surely to God you could just PHONE people to see how things are etc.
    Oh no wait, that's a bad word now these days, having to actually speak to someone.

Mobile phones with internet are the worst invention IMO. I'd love to see how everyone survived before them!