Doctors Discussion Thread (Part 6)

Comments

• StykerStyker Posts: 49,851
    Forum Member
    seejay63 wrote: »
    They must have got the idea for that one from Baby P - his excuse for a mother did the same thing from what I remember reading, so his bruises weren't seen.

That did happen in the baby p case yes, I wonder if its done on a widespread basis by the scum that abuse kids? If it is, then its even more reason for Doctors to be more aware and not to dismiss social workers so quickly.
  • caraxcarax Posts: 3,044
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Styker wrote: »
    I've still to see the last 5 or 6 episodes in full but I've seen parts of them including the reveal and I'm not happy with this storyline at all.

Is it really realistic that The Mill who had almost a complete identical case 5 years ago or so would not learn the lessons from that and not be on the look out for similar cases and not to repeat the same mistakes that the Doctor Simon (surname escapes me) made?

To be fair, it wasn't Emma and Ruhma who ultimately made the decision that Nicholas should be given back to Rhiannon and Paul.

Given the total change in Rhiannon's lifestyle and her seemingly loving, stable relationship with Paul, who came across as a decent bloke, it's not unreasonable that they were deemed deserving of a chance to bring up their son. It is perhaps surprising though that Rhiannon was given so little support as to so quickly feel lonely, frustrated and overwhelmed to the point of such horrific violence.
  • seejay63seejay63 Posts: 8,800
    Forum Member
    carax wrote: »
    To be fair, it wasn't Emma and Ruhma who ultimately made the decision that Nicholas should be given back to Rhiannon and Paul.

Given the total change in Rhiannon's lifestyle and her seemingly loving, stable relationship with Paul, who came across as a decent bloke, it's not unreasonable that they were deemed deserving of a chance to bring up their son. It is perhaps surprising though that Rhiannon was given so little support as to so quickly feel lonely, frustrated and overwhelmed to the point of such horrific violence.

That is a good point actually. All they did was give their opinions, but ultimately it wasn't their decision.

I was surprised that she seemed to have so little support. It could be that she had really severe PND.
    Forum Member
    carax wrote: »

Did Rhiannon say she needed any help? She said she had changed and was not the person she used to be. Obviously the social workers did not agree and or have seen more than enough similar cases where they know that was unlikely to be the case. Having said that, there were a number of episodes were Rhuma and Emma were either at her place or Rhiannon and Paul went to them.

As for that "judge" making the final decision, do you think she would have done so without Emma and Rhuma pushing so much for Rhiannon to get the baby? I've watched about 4 episodes and only have the last 2 to go and it seems that both Rhiannon and Paul both lied about what was going on before she killed the baby because neither one of them mentioned the baby was crying but in her confession she said the baby wouldn't stop crying. I wouldn't be surprised if there is more revelations to come on what happened actually and that Paul knew a lot more about what was going on and either turned a blind eye to it or didn't care. It doesn't seem accurate that it all happened just like that in the way Rhiannon said in her confession.
    Forum Member
    Seen the last 2 episodes before the Summer break, I was not impressed at all at a drunken Zara going into Katie Hopkins mode in general. She didn't seem concerned that much at all even before she got drunk that a second baby has died after Doctors at the Mill messed up and in all reality instead of having a planned evening of dinner, the partners of The Mill should have been having an emergency meeting (s) and start putting into place action plans to stop them getting into the same situation again. Something they should have done after the first case.
  • ZebbZebb Posts: 748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Back Tuesday August 30 at 1.45pm.
  • sarah_2277sarah_2277 Posts: 631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember noticing the date of the summer fayre as Aug 30th so was wondering if they would be sticking to the date with the break.
  • terry45terry45 Posts: 2,876
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sarah_2277 wrote: »
    I remember noticing the date of the summer fayre as Aug 30th so was wondering if they would be sticking to the date with the break.

It's bound to rain.
  • Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,385
    Forum Member
    terry45 wrote: »
    It's bound to rain.

I don't care if nit rains I want the 30 August to hurry up;-) Getting fed up now,
    Forum Member
    I don't care if nit rains I want the 30 August to hurry up;-) Getting fed up now,

Me too, but we've still got plenty of sport to go :(
    Forum Member
    Me too, but we've still got plenty of sport to go :(

Sorry to say, I've started re-watching DVDs I'm that bored with sport. Try to watch a bit of Wimbledon but not all day.;-)
  • c0boc0bo Posts: 6,468
    Forum Member
    I miss Doctors.
    Forum Member
    Sorry to say, I've started re-watching DVDs I'm that bored with sport. Try to watch a bit of Wimbledon but not all day.;-)

I might start to re-watch my Columbo box set :D
  • sinopia_rossasinopia_rossa Posts: 675
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I've saved the whole last week of Docs in case I get desperate for a fix.

Weird, I've just found dozens of smiley things on my iPad I didn't know existed, and I've had it for two years. I'll have to try some out.

Going back to Emma's intervention in the Baby N case, she acted unprofessionally by going to the court and interfering. Silly woman.
    Only in Doctors though - I took part in dozens of Child Protection conferences, and no doctor ever turned up for one, the most we got was a brief note on any relevant medical condition or injury.
    I don't know how she can live with herself after such a misjudgement, being a police surgeon she really should have more insight into the darker side of humanity.
    Forum Member
    I might start to re-watch my Columbo box set :D

I couldn't do that, but I do have my Colin Firth collection and George Clooney one if things get that bad;-)
  • claremontsclaremonts Posts: 20,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hello - I am new to this forum so would like to say hi to everyone. I have to say that it seems such a long time since Doctors was last on TV. Although I am a sports fan I have had to download some Doctors episodes from on demand and watch them again as I have missed my daily dose - roll on the end of August to see how the aftermath of the baby Nicholas story affects people, and if there will be some continuity to the storyline and possible repercussions (and lessons) learnt from this tragedy, apart from what we have already been shown involving Zara.
    Forum Member
    claremonts wrote: »
    Hello - I am new to this forum so would like to say hi to everyone. I have to say that it seems such a long time since Doctors was last on TV. Although I am a sports fan I have had to download some Doctors episodes from on demand and watch them again as I have missed my daily dose - roll on the end of August to see how the aftermath of the baby Nicholas story affects people, and if there will be some continuity to the storyline and possible repercussions (and lessons) learnt from this tragedy, apart from what we have already been shown involving Zara.

Welcome Claremont's, hope you enjoy our thread. Great company on here, always easy to chat to and assistance is always available. Best thread to be in.:)
    Forum Member

Welcome Claremonts, hope you enjoy our thread. Great company on here, always easy to chat to and assistance is always available. Best thread to be in.:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Welcome Claremonts, hope you enjoy our thread. Great company on here, always easy to chat to and assistance is always available. Best thread to be in.:)
    Thank you Bobby'sgirl-it took a while to pluck up the courage to join in but I'm glad I'm here now and am looking forward to taking part in the future
    Forum Member
    Thank you Bobby'sgirl-it took a while to pluck up the courage to join in but I'm glad I'm here now and am looking forward to taking part in the future

You should have joined ages ago! We're quite a small group and none of us bite :D Some threads can get quite nasty, but not this one. I stick mainly to this and The Archers one.
    Forum Member

It won't take long to feel as though you have been here forever:o
    As Seejay said we don't bite, but if someone is a bit liverish the others soon sort them out with warmth, charm and if that fails a little bit of fortune telling!!
    Honestly, enjoy the company and group. It's a great one.;-)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish I had joined sooner but better late than never! Thanks for the welcome seejay63-I'm sure I am going to enjoy this thread.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It won't take long to feel as though you have been here forever:o
    As Seejay said we don't bite, but if someone is a bit liverish the others soon sort them out with warmth, charm and if that fails a little bit of fortune telling!!
    Honestly, enjoy the company and group. It's a great one.;-)
    Sounds like it's going to be fun! 🙂
    Forum Member
    Sounds like it's going to be fun! 🙂

Sometimes it can seem you must be the only one watching when there's nothing posted for a while :D
  • racheynharryracheynharry Posts: 26
    Forum Member
    I am practically marking the days off on the calendar as to when it returns.

I thought I was doing OK until I watched a re-run of heartbeat and saw Rob Hollins playing a farmer on there, then I got annoyed at the fact we have to wait nearly 2 months!!
This discussion has been closed.