films that are so bad you cant even believe the exist???

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,679
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Battle for LA, not to be confused with Battle:LA is such a bad film its criminal it was ever made.

A good day to die hard.....so bad, so, so bad.

Speed 2.....

Anything with Steven Seagull in it.
  • chrono88chrono88 Posts: 3,045
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Almost forgot The Tourist. Ewwwwwww.
  • Ted CTed C Posts: 11,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mouse hunt is a good shout!
    If it was made today it would be been animated

I loved Mouse Hunt too. The sheer cartoon lunacy of it was purely intentional, the concept of this tiny mouse outsmarting the brothers at every turn and inflicting pain a humiliation on them, and the Laurel and Hardy-esque aspect to Lee Evans and Nathan Lane's performances...and the icing on the cake, Christopher Walkens crazy exterminator.
  • BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fowl Fax wrote: »
    A Good Day to Die Hard, absolute rubbish in comparison to previous films and films in general.

I managed to last up to the part with the helicopter and hotel but it was a struggle!
  • BcUhTrTyEeRdCUPBcUhTrTyEeRdCUP Posts: 19,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    abarthman wrote: »
    Mouse Hunt
    A Cock and Bull Story
    Day Watch
    Anything with Jean Claude Van Damme, Chuck Norris or Steven Seagal.
    Every martial arts film except Enter the Dragon.

I like mouse hunt:o
  • Fowl FaxFowl Fax Posts: 3,968
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Prom Night 2008, not only was it a crap movie in general and nothing like the original but it was heavily toned down so that they could get a PG13 rating in the states.

So it cashed in on the title of an old movie and it cashed in by being a really tame slasher movie with hardly any gore effects.
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,620
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Sound of music. This film needed lots of machine guns.

Anything made by Uwe Boll,

Olympus has fallen
  • Trsvis_BickleTrsvis_Bickle Posts: 9,202
    Forum Member
    That's funny I've always found Enter The Dragon poor.Not one of the poorest in it's genre because it still boasts the amazing Bruce Lee but poor because I thought Jim Kelly's fighting was average at best and John Saxon was just terrible,so I found their fight scenes dull.Apart from the great cavern scene,I found Lee's fight scenes lacking compared to Fist Of Fury and Way Of The Dragon.

I agree with you about anything with Seagal,Van Damme and Norris though (except Way Of The Dragon of course) :D

I think Enter the Dragon is about the only watchable Bruce Lee film. The others are too Hong Kong in style with laughable over-acting and feeble slapstick comedy. Jim Kelly is competent enough and you can see he's a martial artist. John Saxon is a professional actor and, as far as i know, had no training in martial arts, so he was never going look any good compared to guys who have.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Hong Kong style of martial arts movies are the best.

Police Story, Wheels on Meals, Mr Vampire, Iron Monkey
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Iron Monkey is a GREAT film - forgot that one :D
  • Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,794
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Straight to video films with Stephen Seagal are usually the worst as for a supposed martial arts expert, he always smokes and is overweight in later ones and the plots are always the same, vigilante takes on slave traffickers and the Triads. I much prefer Jackie Chan as he seems to laugh at himself and the films.
  • yorkieUKyorkieUK Posts: 2,159
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Films such as "Step up 2" the Streets"!

There are a number of films like these. The storyline will usually consist of kid, or kids, from different backgrounds turning their lives around, healing rifts, making enemies into friends and generally righting wrongs thus making the world a better place for all humanity - by dancing!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Under Siege is the only Seagal movie I marginally like.

Somehow managed to record The Glimmer Man the other day as there was a schedule change, ended up watching it and it was rubbish.

I always come across movies that sound interesting on my Humax TV guide and when I see the name Seagal in the synopsis that's a movie I avoid.

His martial arts styles comprises solely of close quarter combat, slapping his opponent to death.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ???

granted some of these films are bad, the transformers films, battle for LA, all bad films but the worst???

have none of you seen spice world the movie?????

made to sit and watch it with my sister years ago and i still wake up in a cold sweat weeping at the thought of it ever making its way back in to my home
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE ???

granted some of these films are bad, the transformers films, battle for LA, all bad films but the worst???

have none of you seen spice world the movie?????

made to sit and watch it with my sister years ago and i still wake up in a cold sweat weeping at the thought of it ever making its way back in to my home

Totally agree.

Whenever threads like these are started, along the lines of worst, most terrible, hideous, can't believe they were ever made etc are started, people always chime in with movies they simply don't like or just didn't enjoy.

You just KNOW that most of these people have never actually seen a truly bad movie, one completely devoid of any merit whatsoever.

And for me that's the yardstick...a movie that has simply NO redeeming features. And frankly, I don't think hardly any of the movies mentioned so far qualify.

The one that always irks me? Cameron's Titanic.

It's hardly my favourite movie, it has a naff storyline, the acting is not up to much, and it's a bit too Mills and Boon. But on the technical aspects, effects, sets, costumes and set decoration alone you can't fault it.

I have no issues with anyone not liking it...but worst movie ever? Sure, you can claim it if you want, but frankly anyone that would make such a statement has obviously never seen a truly bad movie and needs to expand their horizons a little more.
  • SegaGamerSegaGamer Posts: 29,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Any new horror film, they are awful, especially the Paranormal Activity films.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SegaGamer wrote: »
    Any new horror film, they are awful, especially the Paranormal Activity films.

Did you actually read the thread title?
  • grimtales1grimtales1 Posts: 46,685
    Forum Member
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Straight to video films with Stephen Seagal are usually the worst as for a supposed martial arts expert, he always smokes and is overweight in later ones and the plots are always the same, vigilante takes on slave traffickers and the Triads. I much prefer Jackie Chan as he seems to laugh at himself and the films.

Marked for Death and Out for Justice were good films :D
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Did you actually read the thread title?

C'mon Ted. You've been on DS long enough now. You know that any thread that starts with 'Worst XXXXX ever...' will soon degenerate into people listing popular examples of XXXXX that they just didn't like, irregardless of whether it is genuinely the worst.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gulftastic wrote: »
    C'mon Ted. You've been on DS long enough now. You know that any thread that starts with 'Worst XXXXX ever...' will soon degenerate into people listing popular examples of XXXXX that they just didn't like, irregardless of whether it is genuinely the worst.

Yeah...but it kind of spoils the thread when people basically go off topic, rather than come up with genuinely authentic examples of what the OP is asking...and it also wearisome because a lot of people tend to mention the same movies, which are basically movies which at best disappointed them.

Frankly it shows a complete lack of not only imagination, but also shows how little a lot of people know about movies and how few movies a lot of people on here have actually seen.
  • Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Enter the Dragon is about the only watchable Bruce Lee film. The others are too Hong Kong in style with laughable over-acting and feeble slapstick comedy. Jim Kelly is competent enough and you can see he's a martial artist. John Saxon is a professional actor and, as far as i know, had no training in martial arts, so he was never going look any good compared to guys who have.

"Too Hong Kong" :D
    They were made by a Chinese crew, with Chinese actors, for a Chinese audience !
  • Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,805
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Caravan of Courage .
    Forum Member
    "Too Hong Kong" :D
    They were made by a Chinese crew, with Chinese actors, for a Chinese audience !

Er, yes. Exactly. They don't play well with a Western audience, who have different cultural mores. This is a british-based website so most of the posts will be from a Western European point of view. Sorry if that's a surprise to you.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Er, yes. Exactly. They don't play well with a Western audience, who have different cultural mores. This is a british-based website so most of the posts will be from a Western European point of view. Sorry if that's a surprise to you.

Sheesh...some of the statements being made on this thread really take the biscuit.

If that's meant to be a critique, could you not level that at ALL foreign language movies made in their country of origin with their own crew? So basically no foreign language films play well in the West?

I say meant to be a critique, because it's a patently absurd notion that martial arts movies shot in their country of origin don't play well with Western audiences...they are flipping HUGE!
    Forum Member
    Sheesh...some of the statements being made on this thread really take the biscuit.

If that's meant to be a critique, could you not level that at ALL foreign language movies made in their country of origin with their own crew? So basically no foreign language films play well in the West?

I say meant to be a critique, because it's a patently absurd notion that martial arts movies shot in their country of origin don't play well with Western audiences...they are flipping HUGE!

Er, no Ted. For a start, western foreign language films would obviously play well with a western audience, non?:)

My point is that the Bruce Lee films like The Big Boss are very naive; the acting is pantomime, the comedy slapstick and so on. I've noticed a similar thing with Jackie Chan's HK films. I've always attributed this to different cultural tastes in the target (Chinese) audience. I could be wrong, of course - maybe it's actually just shite acting, directing and screenwriting.;)