Options

Ross Sidekick Andy Davis ( Radio 2 )

occyoccy Posts: 65,207
Forum Member
✭✭
Anyone mentioned Ross Saturday Sidekick Andy Davis? He's going to be out of pocket, but saving money flying over from Spain? If he never came back Ross will have to practice how to control the desk?:D

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Andy has the most fantastic laugh. I am going to miss him more than Rossy.
  • Options
    Billy BirdBilly Bird Posts: 508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Anyone mentioned him? Yes. On the many other threads about Ross and Radio 2!
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,851
    Forum Member
    Perhaps they should have let Andy do the show solo?

I am sure Andy won't be out of pocket, I imagine he's got some form of contractual agreement for the show and it's hardly his fault the show isn't on the air at the moment.

Andy used to be on the TV show too, didn't he ?
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »

Anyone who heard Andy sitting in for Jonathan last year when JR phonedi n sick at the last minute would realise that this might not be too successful. I suspect even Andy Davies would admit this!
  • Options
    dave2702dave2702 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »

I am sure Andy won't be out of pocket, I imagine he's got some form of contractual agreement for the show and it's hardly his fault the show isn't on the air at the moment.

Andy used to be on the TV show too, didn't he ?

He did used to be on the sofa but the producers sacked him after the first season

Whether Andy gets recompensed could be interesting. I'm guessing his one show a week doesn't make him staff and if he's on a contract he might only get paid for shows he does and thus not paid for the next 12 weeks
  • Options
    PausePause Posts: 809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have no idea about what contractual obligations exist, but I'm sure Jonathan Ross would see him right, in the event of hardship.
  • Options
    Toxteth O'GradyToxteth O'Grady Posts: 8,497
    Forum Member
    dave2702 wrote: »
    Whether Andy gets recompensed could be interesting. I'm guessing his one show a week doesn't make him staff and if he's on a contract he might only get paid for shows he does and thus not paid for the next 12 weeks

He would work for Hot Sauce (J Ross's production company who make the programme) so presumably would be paid by them. The BBC is paying 'cancellation costs' to his company to help out the staff who work on Jonathan's programmes who would otherwise be out of pocket

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/oct/31/bbc-jonathan-ross1
  • Options
    dave2702dave2702 Posts: 2,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He would work for Hot Sauce (J Ross's production company who make the programme) so presumably would be paid by them. The BBC is paying 'cancellation costs' to his company to help out the staff who work on Jonathan's programmes who would otherwise be out of pocket

http://www.guardian.co.uk/media/2008/oct/31/bbc-jonathan-ross1

Thx for the link.
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bit of a surprise last night , Janice Long was unwell & the last minute replacement was Andy Davies , good to hear him again & I enjoyed the hour hour or so listened to .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is he Janice's producer?
  • Options
    Barney06Barney06 Posts: 123,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is he Janice's producer?

Not sure , but he must have something to do with the show , as he said Janice felt unwell just before her show .
  • Options
    TUCTUC Posts: 5,105
    Forum Member
    The only other time Andy Davies has presented solo on Radio Two is when Jonathan Ross was similarly ill a short time before his show.
  • Options
    soilhoofsoilhoof Posts: 753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think it gets much sadder than this:

http://www.ripitencore.com/andy-davies.html
  • Options
    PaulEvansDorsetPaulEvansDorset Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a living; what's your problem, and (as Her Maj often says) what do you do?

Half-decent website, and who wouldn't exploit any connection with Radio 2?