Could any of these actresses be the next companion?

Comments

• Tegan JovankaTegan Jovanka Posts: 1,606
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wonder if Kym Marsh would suit the role if she leaves Corrie?

Please God no. Maybe as a guest star in an episode but not one of the leads, anyway I think she's off to the States
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 29
    Forum Member
    Who will be in the list for the Doctor's sidekick

Julia Swalha

I noticed that no one has commented on the fact that Julia Sawalha has already been The Doctor's companion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDmQaZm_a3U&feature=related
  • MansunMansun Posts: 2,155
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ahremsee wrote: »
    I noticed that no one has commented on the fact that Julia Sawalha has already been The Doctor's companion.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDmQaZm_a3U&feature=related
    And is still great friends with Steven Moffat so it's certainly possible she could appear. Probably not as the companion but maybe she could guest star in an episode or something.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 38
    Forum Member
    Who will be in the list for the Doctor's sidekick

Sarah Lancashire no way
    Katherine Pakinson (IT Crowd) no way
    Surrane Jones, please, Oh God no!
    Olivia Hallinan (Lark Rise) who?
    Julia Swalha sounds good
    Sherridan Smith, oh ok then
    Zoe Wanamaker, what???
    Michelle Ryan (as rumoured), sounds good
    Natalie Cassidy, no way
    Kelly Brook, great!!!
    Amanda Holden, great!!!
    Malranda Burrows (ex Emmerdale), great!!!
    Davina McCall (she wanted to be a actress), no way
    Dani Harmer (Tracy Beaker), perhaps...
    Rachel Rice (Big Brother), who?
    An ex Grange Hill actor, yeah like who?
    Myleene Klass (she might act), then again she might not!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    I think Sheridan Smith would make a good assistant :) After seeing her in the latest Jonathan Creek as his side kick i think she would def make a good doctor who companion.
  • LemonadeManLemonadeMan Posts: 81,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't care if she plays Lucie Miller or not, I'd love Sheridan to be the new companion. She's wonderful.
  • performingmonkperformingmonk Posts: 20,086
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Sheridan Smith is too well-known from other shows. Billie, while being famous, was hardly known for acting, Freema was almost unknown and Catherine Tate was just thought of as a sketch comedian.
  • Simon JacksonSimon Jackson Posts: 8,687
    Forum Member
    After seeing the recent Dr Who show, Maybe Michelle Ryan could have a chance to be a perminant sidekick

What about Kylie Minouge who appeard in a Christmas special.

Or what about Linda Evans (currently in Hells Kitchen) though I don't think that would EVER happen
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,069
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Word round the campfire seems fairly confident it's Hannah Murray (Cassie from series 1 and 2 of Skins).

Of course the word round the campfire was also sure Paterson Joseph was the 11th Doctor, but never mind.
  • CraigpughCraigpugh Posts: 665
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    what about gillian anderson?
  • stcoopstcoop Posts: 3,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is there anywhere on-line taking bets on who the new companion will be? Despite the Paterson Joseph / Chiwetel Ejiofor debacle I'm feeling confident enough on this occasion to throw a few quid down on Hannah Murray.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 253
    Forum Member
    none of them sorry
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    I think Hannah Murray would be fantastic as would Sheridan Smith or Natalie Cassidy, i'm surprised Jaime Winstone of Dead Set fame hasn't been mentioned, great actress and younger then the new doctor.

Trying to think of young actresses who are brilliant but currently aren't working. The other original girls from Skins could also be a possibility.

I can't imagine either Maria or Rani from SJA getting the part, Maria is very good but very young while Rani, i'll be nice, isn't the best actress about.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 810
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wasn't there also a rumour about Cassie from 'Skins' being the new assistant? That would be good to watch, she's an awesome actress.

EDIT: Nevermind, just saw the 3rd Page :-$
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    In terms of an ex Grange Hill character, I was wondering about Kirsten Cassidy who played Tanya- she was always my fave ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsten_Cassidy )
    http://www.limemanagement.tv/photos/Kirsten%20Cassidy2811_th.jpg
  • DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In terms of an ex Grange Hill character, I was wondering about Kirsten Cassidy who played Tanya- she was always my fave ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirsten_Cassidy )
    http://www.limemanagement.tv/photos/Kirsten%20Cassidy2811_th.jpg

She might be good, though I'd prefer Kacey Barnfield, who used to play Maddie, or Amanda Fahy (Shannon).
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    From Lizo Mzimba's (entertainment correspondent for BBC news) Twitter:

"News hot off the press. Just spoke to the lovely Hannah Murray who says she definitely isn't going to be Matt Smith's assistant in Dr Who."

Suggestion is she was up for it, but she's reading English at Cambridge and didn't want to give that up.

The internet strikes out. Again!
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 226
    Forum Member
    Boo! I want Hannah Murray as companion, can she be forced into it? Contact Cambridge immediately and get the resident whovians to reject her (in a nice way I mean, perhaps with promises of money she will earn as a companion)

That was the one hot lead, who else have we got who could be considered a good option for companion?

Sheridan Smith
    Natalie Cassidy
    Jaime Winstone
    Rachel Stevens
    Adele Silva
    Past character from Who?
    Past character from Torchwood?
    SJA children?
    Lily Allen
    Mischa Barton
    Eastenders/Corrie/Emmerdale actress?
    Who else?

Obviously some of these would be awful choices but who do you think would be good?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It isn't going to be Sheridan Smith, she's the lead in a west end play later this year: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/8010876.stm

I'd suspect at this point it'll be a complete unknown.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd still love to see Jemima Rooper as the new companion.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd still love to see Jemima Rooper as the new companion.

I'd hunt her down and kill her before she got to shoot one second of footage before I'd let that happen.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 744
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    stcoop wrote: »
    I'd hunt her down and kill her before she got to shoot one second of footage before I'd let that happen.

Yeah, I remember a lot of people threatening to do that to Catherine Tate :rolleyes:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, I remember a lot of people threatening to do that to Catherine Tate :rolleyes:

Catherine Tate has talent.
  • CLL DodgeCLL Dodge Posts: 115,860
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Unfortunately they failed...
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11
    Forum Member
    As with many of the proponents for Julia Sawalha, who I think would be perfect for the companion role, I agree that she probably wouldn't be as well suited for a Doctor as young as Matt Smith.

Sheridan Smith is another fine choice; her acting in the recent Jonathan Creek special (of which there will be another come Easter 2010 I hear!) showed how well she can perform the 'companion' role =D