Neighbours: The One Soap No-One Should Be Missing...

Comments

• ROWLING2010ROWLING2010 Posts: 3,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    His exit from Home and Away many years ago, perhaps?
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    Hankshaw wrote: »
    Another? What's this in reference to?

Home and Away, when he keeled over from septicaemia, weeks after being cut by a rusty fence, having survived a motorbike accident and being chased by gangsters.
  • HankshawHankshaw Posts: 4,224
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Haha! Well it's very real isn't it, I guess that's the only positive thing you could say. But yeah, a shame he got such a lackluster exit.
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    So, does Squid now inherit the house next door?

Anyway, enjoyed Rhys and Jade both realising they were being a bit silly, but Sonya's sudden disregard for what her son wants was a bit of an about face. What difference does a funeral make to her? Callum needs to deal with it so he has some kind of closure, you daft moo.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sonya's reaction is out of character but she is coming to terms with Troys death too. He was her first love and fsther of her child, but he was also part of her past which she is ashamed of and so she just wants it all to go away as quickly as possible. She will realise that Callum has to come first and that this wont go away over night. She has her own emotions to go through and will have to come to terms with what has happened. Its almost a bit of denial happening, wanting to just pretend none of this has happened and return to life as it was before.
  • ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    VOTE Neighbours and Toadie Rebecchi for 'Best Daytime Star'!

http://www.demographix.com/surveys/2KVG-RM5T/S5GSC92N/

Please spread the word on Neighbours websites, lets give Neighbours the recognition it deserves! :)

Hey paulrobisonfan. I've open a thread here for the insidesoap awards. I hope Neighbours is given the justice it deserves this year as it really upped its game in terms fo standards.

see here http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?p=60025910#post60025910
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,572
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My goodness, that was boring yet again. They are treating Callum as if he is 8 years old and also Rhys going on at Karl about letting Troy leave the hospital, my Dad signed himself out straight after a hip operation when he was 81, nobody can stop you and also this not letting Troy have a funeral is pathetic, I can see it from a monetary point of view but the reasons they gave were just purely selfish, Callun has the right to say goodbye properly, also Tash holding up a tutorial to go on the internet was pathetic
  • wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,765
    Forum Member
    Home and Away, when he keeled over from septicaemia, weeks after being cut by a rusty fence, having survived a motorbike accident and being chased by gangsters.

But he'd had his spleen removed - that makes you very vulnerable to infections and even small cuts can cause severe problems.:)
  • Get Den WattsGet Den Watts Posts: 6,039
    Forum Member
    wuffles wrote: »
    But he'd had his spleen removed - that makes you very vulnerable to infections and even small cuts can cause severe problems.:)

I know but he seemed to have a brush with death every week from when he announced he was leaving up to when he actually left.
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    My goodness, that was boring yet again. They are treating Callum as if he is 8 years old

They can't help themselves. They had this relatively cute kid who was fairly popular and alas the writers don't know what to do with him now he's this whopping great 15 year old. At this point Andrew's character was a year away from bedding Donna.

It's weird.:confused:
  • SXTonySXTony Posts: 2,925
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another anti-climactic exit for Dieter Brummer. What does he have to do to appease the soap gods?

I always thought Shane's death was quite well done. No dialogue, just music over key scenes.
  • mrsgrumpy49mrsgrumpy49 Posts: 10,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Am I the only one who felt sorry for Troy? :confused:
  • LightningIguanaLightningIguana Posts: 21,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did a bit. The cloying group of Toadie, Sonya and Callum are getting on my wick these days.
  • ToadieTheLawmanToadieTheLawman Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I did!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I did a bit. The cloying group of Toadie, Sonya and Callum are getting on my wick these days.

and mine
  • GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,389
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nothing wrong with feeling sorry for Troy. He was clearly a very troubled man, who never got the help he needed.

Glad that Sonya saw sense today. Looks like tomorrow might be another good chance to enjoy some Kate hate.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,210
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tinkie wrote: »
    My goodness, that was boring yet again. They are treating Callum as if he is 8 years old and also Rhys going on at Karl about letting Troy leave the hospital, my Dad signed himself out straight after a hip operation when he was 81, nobody can stop you and also this not letting Troy have a funeral is pathetic, I can see it from a monetary point of view but the reasons they gave were just purely selfish, Callun has the right to say goodbye properly, also Tash holding up a tutorial to go on the internet was pathetic

I think that Rhys felt that perhaps Karl hadnt tried hard enough to stop Troy. His argument was that because Karl has personal issues with the patient perhaps if it had been someone else he would have tried harder to stop him leaving.

The funeral thing is simply Sonya working through her emotions. She seems selfish but she is really just sad and desperate for her family to return to normal.

Its interesting you are finding Neighbours boring atm as I think it has been the best couple of weeks episodes for a very long time.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    DaisieBee wrote: »
    I think that Rhys felt that perhaps Karl hadnt tried hard enough to stop Troy. His argument was that because Karl has personal issues with the patient perhaps if it had been someone else he would have tried harder to stop him leaving.

The funeral thing is simply Sonya working through her emotions. She seems selfish but she is really just sad and desperate for her family to return to normal.

Its interesting you are finding Neighbours boring atm as I think it has been the best couple of weeks episodes for a very long time

It's a good job we are not all the same :)
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has already been covered, but I have a question regarding Sonya/Jade/Troy. Sonya had Callum in 1997 aged 16, so Jade would've been around 12/13/14 years old. So I'm guessing it was a few years before Jade was with Troy, unless she was underage at the time? I don't know how old Troy's character was, but Dieter Brummer was 21 in 1997.
  • mashamoto79mashamoto79 Posts: 2,884
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry if this has already been covered, but I have a question regarding Sonya/Jade/Troy. Sonya had Callum in 1997 aged 16, so Jade would've been around 12/13/14 years old. So I'm guessing it was a few years before Jade was with Troy, unless she was underage at the time? I don't know how old Troy's character was, but Dieter Brummer was 21 in 1997.

It's Neighbours, you aren't suppose to worry about these things. They aren't known for their continuity;)
  • My Sweet LifeMy Sweet Life Posts: 1,434
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's Neighbours, you aren't suppose to worry about these things. They aren't known for their continuity;)

Ha ha, true. I guess I'm just going to have to continue puzzling over it. :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,194
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like how Channel 5 are using one of Dieter Brummer's scenes as the last clip in their classic H&A advert :D

Good episode today, the storyline where someone is morally torn whether an article of ... should be in the EN comes up quite a bit these days

I'll be in work for tomorrow's episode and after the preview (certain parts more than others) am this close to not bothering recording it :yawn:
  • DeschanelDeschanel Posts: 8,740
    Forum Member
    I love how much progress Jade is making, but I wish this Kate stuff wasn't lurking in the b/g. Ugh, that "only deals with family businesses" dude is back, reminding me of that awful contrived scenario with Kate/Kyle.

Zoe's great, and Simone is a good actor who works well with Paul. She's a good person, someone who can keep Paul on right path, but isn't afraid of taking someone down if they cross her. I wish she was more than a guest.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    smfan123 wrote: »
    I like how Channel 5 are using one of Dieter Brummer's scenes as the last clip in their classic H&A advert :D

he hasnt changed much apart from a bit of stubble :D
  • Hypnos MetisHypnos Metis Posts: 98
    Forum Member

What has always bugged me is why Callum didn't remember Jade when she first came into the show - she must've been living with her Grandmother at some stage with Sonia, so how come either she wasn't called on to look after him rather than randomly getting Toadie in, or the fact that he didn't know her anyway?
    So many questions with this storyline!
This discussion has been closed.