Options

Kill Hitler Episode- Wild Idea....

NELLIENASHNELLIENASH Posts: 932
Forum Member
✭✭
Don't know whether anyone knows anyhing about this episode or whether anything leaked but here is my wild idea of how it could be...

I don't think we'll see any Nazi's as that would be too much even for Dr Who.

Someone in our time discovers time travel or finds an abadonned vortex manipulator etc. They go into the past and change something minor (history can be made and remade...) which alerts the doctor...

This person then decides to go and kill Hitler before he's the Fuhrer, and totally change the course of history. To avoid a fathers day type scenario Dr Who must stop him...

I've often wondered that if I could time-travel that's something I'd do, believing it would save millions of lives. However, supposing someone else even worse came to power and started WW2 five years later, after inventing nuclear weaopons....

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 231
    Forum Member
    Hitler wasn't the greatest leader of people, he was more charismatic than some of the others in the Third Reich. If he had been replaced sooner in the war, then who knows how things could've turned out...

It's a nice idea, but something tells me that if timelines are changed/deviated, then it goes deeper and further back than WWII.
  • Options
    TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nice idea, but I still think NAZIs will be in it. I don't see why they won't be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 880
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    From what I have read Lets Kill Hitler is a Doctor-Lite episode.
    It's focuses on River,Amy,Rory and Madame K. Nazis DO feature.
    So whilst its a good idea it doesn't look like it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 116
    Forum Member
    I wonder if it'll explain that little scene at the start of TIA where the Doctor is in that tunnel under the Commandant's office. Plus, if we take the episode title literally, then maybe it turns out that D-Day was the Doctor’s advice to the allies. This of course ultimately led to Hitler’s death, so it will be like killing him indirectly
  • Options
    MinkytheDogMinkytheDog Posts: 5,658
    Forum Member
    NELLIENASH wrote: »
    I don't think we'll see any Nazi's as that would be too much even for Dr Who.

I don't get what you think "Nazi" means.

It was really just a political party - being a Nazi is like being a Tory or a LibDem - except that the policies of that party were extremely facist.

The party gained political power and used it to create fear so that even those in Germany who didn't support them were unable or afraid to oppose them. The war also polarised the German people - as it did in the UK - into putting party politics aside in favour of "national pride".

Many Germans - civilians and military personnel - were fighting the war as Germans - not as "Nazis" - and they were not evil.
  • Options
    JAS84JAS84 Posts: 7,430
    Forum Member
    The Nazis outlawed the other political parties! It was a dictatorship.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This all reminds me of an old computer game I used to play, Command & Conquer: Red Alert.

The premise was that Einstein invented time travel, went back and killed Hitler before he formed the Nazi movement. This had the unintentional effect of allowing Stalin's Soviet Union to take over much of Europe, resulting in a war far worse than World War II and the ensuing Cold War.

In short Hitler and the events he caused had to happen, or we would all be living in the Soviet satellite state of the Peoples Democratic Soviet Republic of England.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 194
    Forum Member
    You should read Steven Fry's novel Making History, which basically has this as it's plot. Really good read.
  • Options
    Sharon87Sharon87 Posts: 3,698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It annoys me when people say if you could go back in time you would without a doubt kill Hitler before he becomes who he is. Well no, who knows what would happen, like korbany said, someone worse may have taken over and won the war. I'd rather keep history as it is!

Would be an interesting premise to explore in DW.

OP - there were Nazis in the Sarah Jane Adventures... so don't know where your logic comes from about it being too much for DW! It's history, kids learn it in school, why not teach them through their favourite TV programme?
  • Options
    jajalieblingjajaliebling Posts: 248
    Forum Member
    phileq wrote: »
    You should read Steven Fry's novel Making History, which basically has this as it's plot. Really good read.

Yes, he does it well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 297
    Forum Member
    My theory is that River, Amy and Rory don't actually have a clue where the Doctor went at the end of AGMGTW, so they're trying to attract his attention by changing history and provoking him into coming along to stop them.

Though that doesn't account for Madam K or any of the other things that are rumoured to be coming up in that episode.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,321
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My theory is that River, Amy and Rory don't actually have a clue where the Doctor went at the end of AGMGTW, so they're trying to attract his attention by changing history and provoking him into coming along to stop them.

Though that doesn't account for Madam K or any of the other things that are rumoured to be coming up in that episode.

That sounds like a good plan, I bet that's it!