Any Carpenters fans out there?

13»

Comments

• Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for that, Its great when you beat somebody at their own game :D

lol, i really do love that song and i always notice when the title is worded incorrectly. of course, i wouldn't normally be so petty to point such a trivial inaccuracy usually... :D
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah Yeah......:D, its just..... just that.....

You were wrong, stop being pedantic and live with the little mistakes

lolz!! of course it's fine with me to be corrected when i'm not correct... :D that's why i also point out the mistakes i see... ;)
  • Options
    TheToonArmyTheToonArmy Posts: 2,908
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gpk wrote: »
    lol, i really do love that song and i always notice when the title is worded incorrectly. of course, i wouldn't normally be so petty to point such a trivial inaccuracy usually... :D

Yes, I'm also not petty until provoked
  • Options
    gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes, I'm also not petty until provoked

yeah, i agree. picking up on minor inaccuracies is incredibly petty and i can see why that would test anyone's patience.:) we are all here to post in appreciation of "the carpenters", so why can't people just appreciate without making petty corrections?:confused:
  • Options
    abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    another great song: reason to believe :)
  • Options
    jeff_vaderjeff_vader Posts: 938
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sublime voice.

Goodbye To Love
    Rainy Days & Mondays
    Yesterday Once More

I even like their cover of Mr Postman :)
  • Options
    MrMarpleMrMarple Posts: 3,444
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Karen Carpenter could have sung a list of names from the Phone Book and it would have sounded beautiful.
  • Options
    darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Love The Carpenters, favourite songs have to be

Top of the world.
    Only Yesterday
    Rainy Days & Mondays

Covers are normally a pet hate of mine, but really loved Karen & Richard singing.

We've only just begun
    Please Mr Postman
    End of the world.

Imho Cynthia Gibb played a cracking Karen in the Karen Carpenter story. Still hard to believe to this day that one of the most loved voices in music,history was taken too young in such a horrible fashion that all started from an eating disorder.

RIP Karen, you may have been gone for 30 years, but your music will live on for generations to come.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,075
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awful group and horrible boring, depressing music... Can't stand rubbish like that
  • Options
    CreamteaCreamtea Posts: 14,682
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes I'm a huge Carpenters fan. Have been from about the age of 12 when I first saw The Karen Carpenter Story on TV.
  • Options
    Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yay, Carpenters fans! Got into them via purloining my older sisters vinyl collection in the early 80's. Knew they weren't 'cool' but didn't give a flying one..beautiful stuff and what a voice. Poster above mentioned 'Horizon' and I still love that album. :)

Favourite song...probably 'This Masquerade'. If you have a 'wobble' in a relationship, put this on and wallow. It is *beautifully* melancholic and spine-tingling.