Forum Member
    It's gotta be England! Right?

Right...?

Oh.
  • FabalaFabala Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germany
    I had Ronaldo in my dream team before I remembered Portugal won't even get out of their group. Swapped him for Gomez, Germany to win.
  • familyguy8904familyguy8904 Posts: 2,592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ukraine
    I hope Ukraine will win as I got 50/1 bet on them and I think England will get knock out in QF Round by Spain.
  • RichmondBlueRichmondBlue Posts: 21,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germany
    I think Germany will win it. But at only 3-1, I wouldn't put money on them, they are in a very tricky group.

I like Italy at 16-1,,they usually raise their game when it matters.
  • 19921992 Posts: 4,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germany
    Germany I think :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17
    Forum Member
    Germany
    Im hoping for Ireland but we know thats not going to happen so Germany for me...
  • AZZURRI 06AZZURRI 06 Posts: 11,173
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Italy
    MeicY wrote: »
    It's never too late. It is however too late for someone to replace them. Their group will be played as a 3-header I expect.

In your dreams.........
  • SattregaSattrega Posts: 85,046
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Germany
    Germany are my main tip, but I quite fancy the French to do very well this time out.

Russia are my dark-horses.
  • eugenespeedeugenespeed Posts: 66,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    England
    It's WILL be England.

If England don't win it, I will carry on posting on DS as normal, and think "crap, out again".

That's how much I am committed.

COME ON ENGLAND!!!!

(Actually, I do HOPE we can do it, but I reckon Italy, or Holland for some reason)
  • Cissy FairfaxCissy Fairfax Posts: 11,801
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Netherlands
    Holland as I call them. Russia would be my outside tip.

Fancy the final will either be a group match like 04, ie v Germany or a WC 2010 against Spain again.

But quietly confident on Holland although I do think they'll lose to Germany in the groups & go through as runners up.
  • lionsof66lionsof66 Posts: 4,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Russia
    Germany or Russia for me. Got a funny feeling about Russia.
  • MadameGuvnorMadameGuvnor Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Republic of Ireland
    I went for Republic of Ireland.
  • coolercooler Posts: 13,024
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why do so many people think the world and european champions won't win it? Even without Puyol and Villa, I think Spain will go all the way. Germany might have more hunger though because it's 16 years since they last won a major tournament.
  • GeneralissimoGeneralissimo Posts: 6,289
    Forum Member
    Germany
    cooler wrote: »
    Why do so many people think the world and european champions won't win it? Even without Puyol and Villa, I think Spain will go all the way. Germany might have more hunger though because it's 16 years since they last won a major tournament.

It's probably wishful thinking, as I'm probably not the only one who was bored silly by their triumphal runs in 2008 and 2010. 1-0, 1-0, 2-0, 1-0, 70% possession. :yawn: I have to agree that they are still favourites though.
  • ZicoZZicoZ Posts: 7,642
    Forum Member
    Spain
    Well after seeing eight of the sixteen play , I don't see much for Spain to worry about , possibly just France may pose them a problem maybe Sweden as dark-horses . Spain could romp it given that they will certainly play well and create chances , it just needs Torres or Llorente to put all the chances away .
  • Thomas007Thomas007 Posts: 14,309
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ZicoZ - the problem with Spain is that tiredness may affect them. Both Barca and Real suffered badly with fatigue in the later parts of the season, this was evident in the champions league semi finals.

Barca and Real have played over 60+ games each this season (well Barca certainly have), and the Barcelona squad is very small and looked wrecked towards the end the season all those players playing the same number of games.

I also think the title race was so intense (they played each other 6 times) that it wore both of them of out. Even teams like Bilbao looked knackered towards the end as some of those Spanish teams were involved in Uefa cup runs.

So for me Spain's fitness levels will be in question. When you're tired teams find it to perform the "park the bus" nonsense against you more easilier. And it becomes more difficult for to break down those times when you're tired as you move the ball slower, you're mind becomes tired finding harder to be more creative. Almost larthagic like.

I think Germany suffered from this problem today, some of their Bayern and Real players looked really jaded and struggled to break Portugal down.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I still think Germany will win it. They weren't exactly impressive tonight, but that's more down to how Portugal play in my opinion.
    Forum Member
    Spain
    Thomas007 wrote: »
    ZicoZ - the problem with Spain is that tiredness may affect them. Both Barca and Real suffered badly with fatigue in the later parts of the season, this was evident in the champions league semi finals.

Barca and Real have played over 60+ games each this season (well Barca certainly have), and the Barcelona squad is very small and looked wrecked towards the end the season all those players playing the same number of games.

I also think the title race was so intense (they played each other 6 times) that it wore both of them of out. Even teams like Bilbao looked knackered towards the end as some of those Spanish teams were involved in Uefa cup runs.

So for me Spain's fitness levels will be in question. When you're tired teams find it to perform the "park the bus" nonsense against you more easilier. And it becomes more difficult for to break down those times when you're tired as you move the ball slower, you're mind becomes tired finding harder to be more creative. Almost larthagic like.

I think Germany suffered from this problem today, some of their Bayern and Real players looked really jaded and struggled to break Portugal down.

Yeah , you may well be correct about their tiredness / fitness levels ALTHOUGH Barca's most played player who had looked completely knackered towards the end of the season , was Messi ..... and he put on a wonder show tonight against Brasil , playing the whole 90 minutes and scoring a hat - trick . ....

Oddly enough , I think that tomorrow's game will be the toughest one they will have to play . We can virtually guarantee that Italy will park the proverbial 'bus' , 'coach' and any other vehicles they can lay their hands on . I can see most other teams staying back and soaking up the pressure when they play Spain but Italy are possibly the masters of it. So hopefully Spain will brush them aside and show the rest of Europe how you can play entertaining football and win matches .
    Forum Member
    Spain
    Apparently , Italy are going to go to head against Spain !

Supposedly Italy are going to play with two up front take Spain on at their own game !!

Could be interesting :)
  • darkjedimasterdarkjedimaster Posts: 18,621
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am hoping for England or Spain to win, but having said that, anyone as long as it isn't the Krauts or the French. If Poland win it then I am hoping for the cup parade to be held in England. :D

The Spain v Italy match is going to be interesting as they have faced each other 6 times in the past, with the tale of the tape of Spain only winning once & drawing twice.