Will The Doctor Who Forums Ever Be a Friendly Place?

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRAVESTY! (although I already knew this, but didn't care)

I'm NEVER buying another DC comic again or watching another movie (or TV show) based on a DC Character AGAIN :mad:

:rolleyes:;):p:D

Martian Manhunter is from Wigan.
  • SatmanagerSatmanager Posts: 837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I tend to go with the endless battle route, but that's because I find it more fun. :D

I don't take anything said on here personally. though. Well, hardly ever....

I'm sorry, did you say something? :D
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In light of some recent posts made by a relatively new member of this forum I think this place is very tolerant and friendly.
  • Michael_EveMichael_Eve Posts: 14,455
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In light of some recent posts made by a relatively new member of this forum I think this place is very tolerant and friendly.

Agreed. My profile says I'm 44. 45 in March. That's nearer 50 than 40! Arghhhh...that's almost as old as Peter Capaldi!!! I'm passed it! Slippery slope!! Heeeelllp!!!!

Nah, I'm fine with it. :o

I'm calling the 'T' word.
  • Bruce WayneBruce Wayne Posts: 5,326
    Forum Member
    As I posted in The Inn
    "34 years in the Navy makes you talk in a certain way. I must remember not everyone, uses the same language I do. And those that do, would be surprised how proficient I am at using it!"
  • VopiscusVopiscus Posts: 1,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    Martian Manhunter is from Wigan.

Hurrah!

Has he paid all his subs to the working men's clubs? :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,229
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone got banned..
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Erased from the Doctor Who forums, after all :eek:
  • Benjamin SiskoBenjamin Sisko Posts: 1,921
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank goodness he's gone. Now we can go back to business as usual. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

Oi...I'm still here! Despite saying I prefer Matt Smith to Davey T and other dead controversial and radical stuff.. :p;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Oi...I'm still here! Despite saying I prefer Matt Smith to Davey T and other dead controversial and radical stuff.. :p;)

Try saying that Doctor Who fans don't need a trailer, that will see you on your way! :D
  • Tom TitTom Tit Posts: 2,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If friendly equates to anodyne then I hope not.

Here's my attitude:

I'm not looking for a new best friend or a pen pal. I post here with the agenda of talking about Doctor Who and I'll say what I please about it. If anyone gets rubbed up the wrong way by anything I say then it is their problem and I couldn't care less. Yes, charming, I know.
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    CD93 wrote: »

522 Posts in 522 Days giving him a Post Count average of 1.00.

Quite a co-incidence or maybe it was done on purpose as some kind of Performance Art?
  • jamctjamct Posts: 579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jamct wrote: »
    KLINGON, this not........ but bangwI' SoH !:D

My first visit to any Dr Who forum above.

I'm 68 now and have been an avid fan from the Very Beginning of Time. The only episodes I have ever missed are those whilst on holiday abroad in the days before VCRs and PVRs. I've witnessed, as would a time-traveller, the changes of writing style and advances in production technology as Dr Who has morphed and consolidated the changes. I look forward to the 50th anniversary episode with glee.
    Grisonaut wrote: »
    Someone got banned..

EXTEEEERMINATED by a Dalek me thinks ;) .....my favourite of all DW's foes.
    Forum Member

I'm 68 now and have been an avid fan from the Very Beginning of Time. The only episodes I have ever missed are those whilst on holiday abroad in the days before VCRs and PVRs. I've witnessed, as would a time-traveller, the changes of writing style and advances in production technology as Dr Who has morphed and consolidated the changes. I look forward to the 50th anniversary episode with glee.

Thank you. Someone other then Granny older then me!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you. Someone other then Granny older then me!

Yep, and I'm a dedicated' follower of fashion', that is, DW's fashions. I still have a Tom Baker scarf knitted by my gran . :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Welcome! Born in '69 and earliest memory is Tom's first story...feel like an arriviste! Love Sixties 'Who', but will refrain from bombarding you with questions about 'Marco Polo' etc...for now, anyway.

Good time to join....could be a rather interesting couple of months. :cool:
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome! Born in '69 and earliest memory is Tom's first story...feel like an arriviste! Love Sixties 'Who', but will refrain from bombarding you with questions about 'Marco Polo' etc...for now, anyway.

Good time to join....could be a rather interesting couple of months. :cool:

..sure to be. Can't wait for 23/11/13 and then Christmas for the regeneration to Peter Capaldi's 12th DW. However hope he does not swear too much, that's the job of politicians!:o
    Forum Member
    ..sure to be. Can't wait for 23/11/13 and then Christmas for the regeneration to Peter Capaldi's 12th DW. However hope he does not swear too much, that's the job of politicians!:o

Language won't be a problem other the "Oh My God". Not liked they resort to far worse stuff and I can't see Moffat doing that because his kids watch the show.
  • ShoppyShoppy Posts: 1,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wizzywick wrote: »
    I have been a forum member since 2004 and this DW sub-forum is the most hostile place in the whole of DS. The politics thread is similar but you expect it to be. But DW is a TV show that everyone who comes in here enjoys. Yet the rudeness that is often encountered makes you believe that being a silent DW fan is the best way forward. After all you don't want to actually have an opinion about it because others will come down on you like a ton of bricks!

Can't we all be a bit friendlier to each other?

You should try Gallifrey Base, If you think there's hostility on here you ain't seen nothing.
    Voicing an opinion that disagrees with the vocal majority in GB is like rubbing cheese on your face and sticking your head in a sack of Rats :p
  • saladfingers81saladfingers81 Posts: 11,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoppy wrote: »
    You should try Gallifrey Base, If you think there's hostility on here you ain't seen nothing.
    Voicing an opinion that disagrees with the vocal majority in GB is like rubbing cheese on your face and sticking your head in a sack of Rats :p

:D:D:D
  • PointyPointy Posts: 1,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Corwin wrote: »
    Just the one actor (Christian Bale) but he was in three films.

Superman is currently English too ;)

Don't forget Spider-Man as well...
  • JCRJCR Posts: 24,063
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRAVESTY! (although I already knew this, but didn't care)

I'm NEVER buying another DC comic again or watching another movie (or TV show) based on a DC Character AGAIN :mad:

:rolleyes:;):p:D

Two years ago DC rebooted all their books and in the process moved Wonder Woman to London, causing general unhappiness among the yankee parts of her fanbase that the book was now full of references to Oyster cards and Millwall FC, so you wouldn't be alone.
  • daveyboy7472daveyboy7472 Posts: 16,404
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think this forum is mainly a friendly place until the real divisive issues come up. I remember when Miracle Day was showing it was like World War 3, it got really ferocious on here, the worst I've ever known it!

Off course the SM/RTD debates have also caused a lot of friction as have other sorts of compare debates. It also seems to me that that a very vocal minority just cannot accept that others have an opinion that is different to their own and that doesn't help matters either.

Plus people take things a little bit too seriously sometimes, I remember starting a thread a few months back which was supposed to be a light hearted bit of fun and it just turned into pointless bickering and debates over even more pointless issues.

It's not all bad, though, I enjoy the humour on here. The General Election Threads we had a few years ago were just hilarious and when people get into the swing of those sort of threads it makes for good, happy reading.

:)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shoppy wrote: »

Nah, wizzy, just stay in the Character Appreciation section and you'll be fine. If you venture in to the fanlier than thou sections, to quote Malcolm Tucker, [scottish accent] you're f***king on your own!
    I remember when Miracle Day was showing it was like World War 3, it got really ferocious on here, the worst I've ever known it!

My only forum ban came from my views on Miracle Day... and it wasn't at DS :p