Options

Kinda/Snakedance

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 52
Forum Member
I have just noticed that neither of these stories have been released on DVD yet - anyone else feel that they may come out as a 'Mara Boxset' at some point?

Haven't seen either story for a while, so I personally would enjoy such a set - I remember them being quite deep, with Simon Rouse's performance as Hindle in the former particularly sticking in my mind.

Anyone else got any thoughts on these two stories, and whether they'd like to see them released?

Cheers

docmorrison

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have just noticed that neither of these stories have been released on DVD yet - anyone else feel that they may come out as a 'Mara Boxset' at some point?

Haven't seen either story for a while, so I personally would enjoy such a set - I remember them being quite deep, with Simon Rouse's performance as Hindle in the former particularly sticking in my mind.

Anyone else got any thoughts on these two stories, and whether they'd like to see them released?

Cheers

docmorrison
    I enjoyed those stories , last time I saw them was on a UKGold omnibus a few years ago. I've seen similar suggestions that they should be released as a box set and have to agree.
    Apparently Janet Fielding gets irritated if you ask her to do the Mara laugh nowadays! (Largely due to a large number of ming mongs requesting it at various conventions down the years):)
    I don't know if Martin Clunes will ever be camper than he was a Lon too!
  • Options
    cobaltmalecobaltmale Posts: 21,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    II don't know if Martin Clunes will ever be camper than he was a Lon too!

Hope they get him for the commentary.

The set was partly recycled from a "Song for Europe" show!

G
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 615
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love kinda, its probably my Favourite DW story, Snakedance is great too but it lacks that little something that makes Kinda a classic.

Some great acting in Kinda Todd, Rouse and Hughes are all brilliant. Great direction too. I even don't mind the plastic snake.

Also Jeffrey Stewart is very creepy as Dukkha, I didn't realize for years that he was the same guy who played Reg Hollis in The Bill :eek: Definitely due a release
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    Jeffrey Stewart is very creepy as Dukkha, I didn't realize for years that he was the same guy who played Reg Hollis in The Bill

Years? I've only just realised NOW!!

That voice! It's so obvious....how did i not realize?

Seriously though, Kinda and Snakedance are two of the more memorable Davison stories, and represent the only decent contributions from Janet Fielding.

Bring on the boxset...