anyone know anything about frogs

MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Hi

I have got a frog in my swimming pool, well its a sort of square concrete paddling pool really, the previous owners of the house put it in - anyhow back to Hoppy.

He has been in the pool for about 5 days just lying under the water but has moved around a bit, I am worried he may have fallen in there by accident and cant get out, its a 2 foot climb (or hop) to get out and the walls are smooth, OH says Hoppy is fine and if he can hop in he can hop out.

We do have an actual pond down the garden and I am wondering if I should put Hoppy back in the pond, however as it is spring I am now worried we may actually have a Hoppess and she may need the peace and quite for tadpoles although I haven't see any spawn

Not sure what to do for the best as I dont want to hurt Hoppy

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 223
    Forum Member
    I think you should fish ( ?? ) the frog out of the pool and let it make it's own way to the pond. Frogs need to be able to get out of the water and it cannot climb the smooth sided pool.
  • MadamfluffMadamfluff Posts: 3,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you should fish ( ?? ) the frog out of the pool and let it make it's own way to the pond. Frogs need to be able to get out of the water and it cannot climb the smooth sided pool.

THANKS

thats what I thought - will buy a big net
  • burton07burton07 Posts: 10,869
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No need to buy a net. Just pick it up with your hands.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    burton07 wrote: »
    No need to buy a net. Just pick it up with your hands.

:eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eek:
  • yellowlabbieyellowlabbie Posts: 59,081
    Forum Member
    Madamfluff wrote: »
    :eek::eek::eek::eek:

:eek:

My thoughts too, I don't like frogs:eek:
  • stud u likestud u like Posts: 42,100
    Forum Member
    Fish him out with a net.

However due to chlorine in swimming pools, do not mix him with other amphibia.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fish him out with a net.

However due to chlorine in swimming pools, do not mix him with other amphibia.

Theres no Chlorine in the pool just rain water (actually its green slimy rainwater )
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,286
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    definately get him out, i wouldnt have left him for 5 days to be honest, chances are theres very little to eat in there. do you not have some rubber gloves or something you can use to pick him up?
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kelly82 wrote: »
    definately get him out, i wouldnt have left him for 5 days to be honest, chances are theres very little to eat in there. do you not have some rubber gloves or something you can use to pick him up?

Hoppy will be released today, we have never had a garden before and never seen a frog in the wild ( ex London folk)
    My OH kept telling me Hoppy was OK but I was worried hence my getting advice here thanks to all
  • CatsRuleCatsRule Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Hows Hoppy doing, have you fished he/she out yet??!
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CatsRule wrote: »
    Hows Hoppy doing, have you fished he/she out yet??!

Yep Hoppy is now in the proper pond, we were in the middle of chasing him around the pool with a net, when the garden centre delivery guy turns up - know anything about frogs mate? says I as Husband was making a pigs ear of it, and to cut a long story short the delivery man did the deed for us ( I bet he had a tale to tell when he got back to the Garden Centre).

So Hoppy is now in Froggy heaven in a pond full of plants and lily pads
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Awww happy ending for Hoppy! :)
  • xdowxdow Posts: 2,388
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lol :D

nice ending

i had to go round and help my mums partner pull a frog out of a 10lb koi carp's mouth today - not sure how long it had been stuck in there, but when it was taken out of the koi & put on the path it was still kicking, then when it was thrown into the goldfish pond, it swam perfectly :D