Are One Direction the new Beatles?

1789101113»

Comments

• my name is joemy name is joe Posts: 4,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is laughable. The Beatles could write songs and didn't have to rely on the studio to make them sound half decent. Theres a reason why all five of one direction failed to make it past bootcamp as solo performers. The producers just took five good looking boys with average voices and put them together to make a band and hope for the best. They were helped along the way by very loud backing vocals on the live shows and still didn't win.

Kudos to whoever wrote their songs, notably WMYB as it is a really catchy and decent pop song and it's all spiralled out of control from then!

But hey, good luck to them. They have always come across as extremely grateful and humble in interviews. They just can never be compared to The Beatles and that's coming from someone who isn't even a fan of The Beatles but I can appreciate their talent and what they did. The 'team' behind One Direction are more responsible for their success than the boys themselves.

there is, but probably all 4 of the Beatles wouldn't have either, individually:o

But, The Beatles had many strings to their bow where 1D's bow is just a curved stick:p
  • abrightyzabrightyz Posts: 24,559
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there is, but probably all 4 of the Beatles wouldn't have either, individually:o

But, The Beatles had many strings to their bow where 1D's bow is just a curved stick:p

make it five.:p:p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the beatles changed the face of pop music, wrote their own music (that people still listen to) and played their own instruments. one direction are merely the new new kids on the block - a passing fad
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    1D can pass my way anytime.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 27
    Forum Member
    No, No, No
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    btw congrats to 1D for breaking another billboard record with LWWY.:eek::cool:
  • alcockellalcockell Posts: 25,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    New Beatles = No
    New Westlife/Boyzone = Yes.

They sing catchy, happy pop ballads, not songs that will stand the long term test of time.
    ... written by others.

Consider how many of the Beatles' tracks have been covered by others... I don't see Live When We're Young being covered by an easy-listening band while the original is in the charts - as happened with the Hollingridge lot while the original Beatles albums were in the charts on both sides of the Pond..