Options

Recommendations on Netflix

Comments

• Options
    Laura_WrightLaura_Wright Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    Thought people might be interested in this article...

http://www.the10thing.com/life/10-of-the-best-binge-worthy-box-sets-on-netflix

Although, I bet most of you have already watched them! :D:p

Personally, Dexter is my all time favourite so far. Do you have any recommendations for me? I'm running out of things to watch!
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Personally, Dexter is my all time favourite so far. Do you have any recommendations for me? I'm running out of things to watch!

Damages, Heartland and Scream the TV series. That's what I have been watching on Netflix. I have also watched Fuller House on Netflix.
    My sister is watching Orange is the new black but I have still to see the show.
    I have not seen most of the shows on the link you have posted.

Darren
  • Options
    MisterEMisterE Posts: 1,027
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone watching 'Stranger Things'...?

I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but am enjoying it. It's very good - definitely worth watching.
  • Options
    RileyScottRileyScott Posts: 152
    Forum Member
    Just finished watching American odyssey which was superb IMO.
    Anna Friel is excellent.

Currently watching Spotless although just two episodes so far.
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MisterE wrote: »
    Anyone watching 'Stranger Things'...?

I've only watched the first 2 episodes so far, but am enjoying it. It's very good - definitely worth watching.
    Yeah it's excellent. Thread about it here..
    http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2165078
  • Options
    MaccaMacca Posts: 18,543
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RileyScott wrote: »
    Just finished watching American odyssey which was superb IMO.
    Anna Friel is excellent.

It bombed in the States and was cancelled after one season.
  • Options
    David_Flett1David_Flett1 Posts: 9,309
    Forum Member
    The Fundamentals of Caring I thought was really good. Craig Roberts was every bit as good as he was in Submarine. For those that like Nordic Noir "Rita" is a brilliant comedy drama.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have started watching the comedy drama The Good Witch and although I'm only 2 episodes in to the first season it seems an ok show.
    I have since given up on Bloodline after only 3 episodes in to season 2 as for some reason I don't think the second season is as good as the first season.
    I'm still enjoying watching the Canadian drama Heartland on Netflix and hope season 7 comes to Netflix soon.
    Also hope there will be a season 3 of Scream the TV series as I'm also enjoying watching that.

Darren
  • Options
    karapote monkeykarapote monkey Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved "Stranger Things". I think Winona wasn't very good though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Just watched the film Brooklyn after waiting for months to see it and I did really enjoy it.
    Well worth a watch if you have not already seen it.

Darren
  • Options
    LucyDTrymLucyDTrym Posts: 3,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just joined Netflix, and i have already had my monies worth. I have Sky T.V. but fed up as everything is just repeat after repeat.

I am now watching Gracie & Frankie wow what a fabulous series, i am on episode 8 in one day. Its just brilliant. The acting is amazing. Highly recommend it.

I see i have a lot of things i can look forward to watching after just reading a few pages on here.

I like romance, detective, some drama, comedy, i hate sci fi, and horror and reality shows.

I am also watching Fuller House. I actually watched the original yes i am that old lol. But so far i think the writing seems to be coming over a bit desperate, and the continutiy and mistakes are not so professional. Like a young boy in a pen with short haired labrador puppies, who on the next scene seem to grow and have longer hair, it seems a bit unprofessional.....maybe it gets better as it goes on some of it is a bit eek and over acted.

Anyway already seen 5 films i havent ever seen on Sky.

So for now, i am quite happy but if there is any recommendations I would be intetested in.
  • Options
    -GONZO--GONZO- Posts: 9,624
    Forum Member
    LucyDTrym wrote: »
    Just joined Netflix, and i have already had my monies worth. I have Sky T.V. but fed up as everything is just repeat after repeat.

I am now watching Gracie & Frankie wow what a fabulous series, i am on episode 8 in one day. Its just brilliant. The acting is amazing. Highly recommend it.

I see i have a lot of things i can look forward to watching after just reading a few pages on here.

I like romance, detective, some drama, comedy, i hate sci fi, and horror and reality shows.

I am also watching Fuller House. I actually watched the original yes i am that old lol. But so far i think the writing seems to be coming over a bit desperate, and the continutiy and mistakes are not so professional. Like a young boy in a pen with short haired labrador puppies, who on the next scene seem to grow and have longer hair, it seems a bit unprofessional.....maybe it gets better as it goes on some of it is a bit eek and over acted.

So for now, i am quite happy but if there is any recommendations I would be intetested in.

Here's some recommendations for series you won't find on Sky:
    House of Cards
    Stranger Things
    Orphan Black
    Once Upon A Time
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones
  • Options
    Manc-RedManc-Red Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just done with Fargo series 2. Outstanding
  • Options
    Derek_CooperDerek_Cooper Posts: 93
    Forum Member
    -GONZO- wrote: »
    Here's some recommendations for series you won't find on Sky:
    House of Cards
    Stranger Things
    Orphan Black
    Once Upon A Time
    Daredevil
    Jessica Jones

Excellent recommendations to which I would add
    Spotless - an English/French collaboration about a crime scene cleaner in London.
  • Options
    DEmbertonDEmberton Posts: 2,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have to say there's a lot of things I've started watching and got bored of quickly, including some pretty high profile series like House of Cards, Daredevil, and Once Upon a Time.

Orphan Black remains my favourite thing to have watched on Netflix, but I really enjoyed Stranger Things. Also you can now watch the first two years of the superb Danish/Swedish detective series The Bridge.
  • Options
    LowLifeLowLife Posts: 142
    Forum Member
    DEmberton wrote: »
    I...Also you can now watch the first two years of the superb Danish/Swedish detective series The Bridge.

They actulally have the third season on there as well now.
  • Options
    Peter the GreatPeter the Great Posts: 14,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    LowLife wrote: »
    They actulally have the third season on there as well now.
    Not on UK Netflix they don't?
  • Options
    clm2071clm2071 Posts: 6,644
    Forum Member
    LucyDTrym wrote: »

Community

Series 1-5 on Netflix. Best comedy I've seen in years
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent recommendations to which I would add
    Spotless - an English/French collaboration about a crime scene cleaner in London.

I've just started watching Spotless and it's pretty good so far. It's got a bit of a Breaking Bad vibe about it (good man forced to turn to crime) and it has the lovely Miranda Raison too. You just need to ignore that it features French brothers talking perfect English to each other.
  • Options
    trevor tigertrevor tiger Posts: 37,996
    Forum Member

The Walking Dead is not on Netflix well on the UK Netflix. Is it on the US one? Really peed off if that is the case.

I've watched everything else on that list :blush::D
  • Options
    gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Walking Dead is not on Netflix well on the UK Netflix. Is it on the US one? Really peed off if that is the case.

I've watched everything else on that list :blush::D

UK Netflix pay more for less content, since netflix blocked smart dns i have cancelled it i think it's unfair we pay a lot more for less content, although right now USA netflix is slightly more expensive than uk netflix but only by a couple of pence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find Netflix UK has an ok choice of TV box sets and films and good for the money. I don't watch everything on Netflix but I do watch say two films a month and have just finished watching Damages on it. I just started season 2 of Good Witch other day and im on season 3 of Heartland. I'm on Season 2 of Scream the TV series and waiting for it to return mid October.
    Have also watched Fuller House and Taxi Brooklyn on Netflix.
    As I said in a post above I gave up on Bloodline after only 2 or 3 episodes in to season 2.
    My sister has been watching Orange Is The New Black and House Of Cards on Netflix

Darren
  • Options
    Philip WalesPhilip Wales Posts: 6,373
    Forum Member
    I've just started watching Gotham, it's pretty good and written (some episodes) and produced by Bruno Heller the guy behind the Mentalist.
  • Options
    hayleyghayleyg Posts: 15,748
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just got Netflix after a friend showed me the wide range of programmes and films available and I love it. I love the fact I can watch things when I want to and that whole box sets are available so I don't have to worry about missing an episode
    . It would be nice if like Amazon video they allowed you to 2atch offline but that's a minor point.

I was especially delighted to find that the US sitcom Grounded For Life is on there in its entirety. .loved that show but it's impossible to buy past season 2 here. Am also looking forward to checking out some of the recommendations here..I've heard good things about Community and that it's similar to Modern Family which I love and Parks and Recreation which h I'm currently devouring thanks to Amazon video, so that will probably be next
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,662
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've just started watching Gotham, it's pretty good and written (some episodes) and produced by Bruno Heller the guy behind the Mentalist.

S1 was very good - especially the cinematography - but I got bored of S2. It would have worked better as shorter 10-12 episode seasons as it did feel very dragged out.