Am I the only on who

inspector drakeinspector drake Posts: 910
Forum Member
✭✭
Misses those summer Saturdays where we could come in after enjoying the weather and watch Doctor Who?

Comments

• Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Misses those summer Saturdays where we could come in after enjoying the weather and watch Doctor Who?
    I don't know where you live but it's probably not England!
  • SJ_MentalSJ_Mental Posts: 16,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its been mostly scorchio here in the south east this past week or so, And yes it has felt like a long wait this year for my fix of Dr. Who.
  • Shawn_LunnShawn_Lunn Posts: 9,353
    Forum Member
    It's back soon and hopefully, it will have been worth the wait.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    I agree! It's all very well Moffat saying that Doctor Who belongs in the dark nights but that's just down to nostalgia for that generation who grew up with the classic series! For a brand new generation, like myself, Doctor Who belongs on those early summer days and Easter weekend was the perfect series opener.
    I used to love going out on a nice summers day and coming home and watching Doctor Who.

I accept that the darkness may add to the atmosphere but people should realise that for a generation who have grown up with the new series, summer means Doctor Who. Plus now we have Christmas specials it makes more sense to have the series earlier in the year so the special fills the gap before the next series.

I would of liked the series to remain in summer but I'm not too upset about it moving but disagree with Moffat saying it belongs in the dark nights, thats just his nostalgia.
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We've been havong torrential rain with danger of flooding. Apart from that though, yes. Really missing it, almost feels like it's cancelled. Dont know how I survived 2009 or how I'll survive 2012, it's only the BBC 3 repeats keeping me going! Series 7 had better be BLOODY good
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked Doctor Who starting around Easter and being on at 7pm, I don't know why they changed it. However I'm liking the idea of winter Who too, I'll be able to watch it on my birthday :p:o
  • sovietusernamesovietusername Posts: 1,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dizx wrote: »
    I liked Doctor Who starting around Easter and being on at 7pm, I don't know why they changed it. However I'm liking the idea of winter Who too, I'll be able to watch it on my birthday :p:o

I, on the other hand, wont be able to again, which is a real shame cos I have before! I remember planet of the Ood was on my birthday
  • AtomicClockAtomicClock Posts: 295
    Forum Member
    Doctor Who belongs in the Autumn/Winter dark nights, curtains drawn dum dum dum dum wooooohhhhooooooo!

Love it!

New poster by the way, been watching this forum from the sidelines for ages, love reading you lot, you're a fantastically weird bunch!
  • Chihiro94Chihiro94 Posts: 2,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, on the other hand, wont be able to again, which is a real shame cos I have before! I remember planet of the Ood was on my birthday

I had Midnight..best birthday ever :p I usally had my birthday during the week between the penultimate and final episode, which was fun for some reason and although I'm techinally an adult now and not a ten year old I'll kind of miss it :o
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    Am I the only on who misses those summer Saturdays where we could come in after enjoying the weather and watch Doctor Who?
    I don't miss them at all, I do miss the dark winter Saturdays when I used to watch Doctor Who!
    Much more appropriate IMO.
    :)
  • Lorelei LaFleurLorelei LaFleur Posts: 4,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Doctor Who belongs in the Autumn/Winter dark nights, curtains drawn dum dum dum dum wooooohhhhooooooo!

Love it!

New poster by the way, been watching this forum from the sidelines for ages, love reading you lot, you're a fantastically weird bunch!

Welcome to the forum. :)

They are a weird bunch, who do you think is the weirdest? :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Not weird, just obsessively enthusiastic :cool:

If you want truly weird, drop by the politics forum, or don't. You've been warned :p
  • Granny McSmithGranny McSmith Posts: 19,622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

What do you mean "They"? So you don't include yourself, lizard lady? (Told you I'd remember. :D)

Yes, AtomicClock, sadly I am the only normal one here. Apart from my Quark, Dodo.

And, as I don't want to be told off for being off topic, :mad: I will say, I like DW when it's summer, I like it when it's winter, I just don't like it being off our screens for what seems like an eternity!
  • TheSilentFezTheSilentFez Posts: 11,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Not at all. I miss the days of "reliable old Doctor Who" which Moffat is so set against whenever you could rely on Doctor Who being on every Saturday for 13 weeks of the year.
    I wouldn't mind if it switched to the Autumn; Doctor Who on cold, dark winter nights may be even better...but the horrifically disjointed way it airs nowadays is not quite the same. The episodes themselves are as good as ever, but the series structure and format is terrible.

Please for the love of God, bring back "Reliable old Doctor Who" Moffat! :(:(:(

Chihiro94 wrote: »
    I had Midnight..best birthday ever :p I usally had my birthday during the week between the penultimate and final episode, which was fun for some reason and although I'm techinally an adult now and not a ten year old I'll kind of miss it :o

My Birthday has never been on the same day as a Doctor Who episode :(
    However, the first and best Sherlock episode, "A Study in Pink" was! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Chihiro94 wrote: »
    Not weird, just obsessively enthusiastic

If you want truly weird, drop by the politics forum, or don't. You've been warned :p

I would say that Whovians are endearingly weird in a good way.
    But there is bad weird, I agree with you there and they're in abundance on the politics forum, you're right.
    I've only peeped there once and the weirdos here are definitely safer to be around. :p

What do you mean "They"? So you don't include yourself, lizard lady? (Told you I'd remember. :D)

Yes, AtomicClock, sadly I am the only normal one here. Apart from my Quark, Dodo.

And, as I don't want to be told off for being off topic, : I will say, I like DW when it's summer, I like it when it's winter, I just don't like it being off our screens for what seems like an eternity!

Ha ha Granny. :D

Nobody has called me Lizard since the 80's. :eek:
    Must get the red jumpsuit out. Lock up your gerbils. :D

I do include myself as a resident weirdo but I was doing a Sherlock, feigning detachment to see if AtomicClock would name names.
    I knew there was no chance but I was hoping our new poster would say "that Granny, she's not all there" :p

I'm with you feeling frustrated at the absence of our Who fix. It does feel like an eternity.
    The fact that the weather is rubbish and it feels autumnal means that Who would have worked in the schedule now for those who like the atmospheric frisson of a darker evening backdrop.

As for you being normal Granny, I might stop laughing by the time the Christmas episode airs. :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

My Birthday has never been on the same day as a Doctor Who episode :(
    However, the first and best Sherlock episode, "A Study in Pink" was!

Fezzy, I loved that episode and because Sherlock mocked the victim's pink coat, a pink mac that I purchased will never be on my back. :p

Can't be wearing something that Sherlock won't fancy me in. :D
  • Dave-HDave-H Posts: 9,924
    Forum Member
    Not at all. I miss the days of "reliable old Doctor Who" which Moffat is so set against whenever you could rely on Doctor Who being on every Saturday for 13 weeks of the year.
    I wouldn't mind if it switched to the Autumn; Doctor Who on cold, dark winter nights may be even better...but the horrifically disjointed way it airs nowadays is not quite the same. The episodes themselves are as good as ever, but the series structure and format is terrible.
    Please for the love of God, bring back "Reliable old Doctor Who" Moffat! :(:(:(
    Unfortunately it's not Moffat's call.
    The producer of a show can recommend a transmission time, but it's the channel controllers' decision I'm afraid.
    :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Ha ha Granny. :D

Nobody has called me Lizard since the 80's. :eek:

As for you being normal Granny, I might stop laughing by the time the Christmas episode airs. :p

I am normal, but sadly misunderstood. :(

I do like lizard ladies, btw - Madame Vastra for one! :D
  • Sophie ~Oohie~Sophie ~Oohie~ Posts: 10,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am normal, but sadly misunderstood. :(

I do like lizard ladies, btw - Madame Vastra for one! :D
    I am normal too. :)
  • Sara_PeplowSara_Peplow Posts: 1,579
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see it go back to a full series of 13 episodes. Don't mind what time of year just stick to the same month My birthday is June 14th so use to celebrate it just before the series finale. Still only a few more weeks to go. Waiting to see Matt Smith in olympic drama Dick and Bertie . Then see any new trailers they release and any interviews with Matt, Karen or Arthur on telly. Lucky last year saw Arthur on daybreak and a clip from 6.8 LKH.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am normal too. :)

I know! And, like me, misunderstood.

But I think I might be the only one who thinks that. :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to see it go back to a full series of 13 episodes. Don't mind what time of year just stick to the same month My birthday is June 14th so use to celebrate it just before the series finale. Still only a few more weeks to go. Waiting to see Matt Smith in olympic drama Dick and Bertie . Then see any new trailers they release and any interviews with Matt, Karen or Arthur on telly. Lucky last year saw Arthur on daybreak and a clip from 6.8 LKH.

You realise this makes you incredibly awesome :cool:
    I would say that Whovians are endearingly weird in a good way.
    But there is bad weird, I agree with you there and they're in abundance on the politics forum, you're right.
    I've only peeped there once and the weirdos here are definitely safer to be around. :p

Sometimes I make the mistake of posting in it, theres no winning. The lefts and rights/northeners and southeners/scottish and english etc... will do anything to get one over on each irrespective almost of topic, which I guess is like real politics.
  • ListentomeListentome Posts: 9,804
    Forum Member
    Well if series 7 starts in August and ends in in early 2013, then both the fans who like watching it on light summer evenings and those who like watching it during dark winter evenings should be pleased, both are getting at least half a series shown during in a time they like.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 155
    Forum Member
    Anytime is Who time , its long overdue back on our screens
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member

Well I don't agree about the weather, (because I hate the heat anyway), but I do agree about the scheduling. I preferred it the way it used to be from 2005 onwards.