Options

Jamie Foreman leaving Eastenders

Comments

• Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writers talk such bs and must think the viewers are extremely dumb. As if Foreman knew how Derek was going to leave when he took the job. You introduced Derek as some kind of badass, and then you didn't bother to give him any proper storylines, so just decided to kill him off. The character is now officially a failure
  • Options
    monalisa62003monalisa62003 Posts: 56,964
    Forum Member
    The writers talk such bs and must think the viewers are extremely dumb. As if Foreman knew how Derek was going to leave when he took the job. You introduced Derek as some kind of badass, and then you didn't bother to give him any proper storylines, so just decided to kill him off. The character is now officially a failure

this lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people say all the time things seem to get dropped/changed last minute. even you say about MM/Kat. i doubt that was planned way in advanced?

I didn't say it was dropped, I said the writing was inconsistent. There's a big difference between poor writing and deliberately dropping a storyline. MM/Kat was apart of Kat and Alfie's returning backstory, so would have likely been planned in quite in advance.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't say it was dropped, I said the writing was inconsistent. There's a big difference between poor writing and deliberately dropping a storyline. MM/Kat was apart of Kat and Alfie's returning backstory, so would have likely been planned in quite in advance.

changing things last minute would make inconsistent writing. not enough long term planning.

MM/Kat was originally a ONS till the kat affair storyline. they were never that close especially when michael tried to kiss her.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    cliffy91 wrote: »
    Fantastic character totally wasted

Agreed
  • Options
    thombo1thombo1 Posts: 183
    Forum Member
    So, he's meeting a grizzly end. Not sure how a bear will be incorporated into EE's world, maybe he goes on a trip to the Canadian Rockies or something . . .
  • Options
    Last RequestLast Request Posts: 2,975
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very disappointed he is leaving(if true) but his character was wrecked ever since his kids came in,

Dropping the Derek/Phil feud was and still remains puzzling not for the first time as Phil/Jack feud was also dropped, last month was the last time both spoke to each other since April when Derek was walking with Tyler with Phil saying "What did they tell you about walking with strange men"
  • Options
    Digital SidDigital Sid Posts: 39,870
    Forum Member

Wasn't he originally intended to leave at the end of his first contract, if so, it would have been part of his main storyline and so I wouldn't be surprised if he did.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Foreman probably did know Derek was going leave when he signed up for EastEnders - Derek pretty much rubbed up everyone the wrong way from the start, and he deliberately had no storylines of his own - his MO was interfering in other's businesses and using it against them. It was poorly written, yes, yes it was. But did anyone think Derek was going to be a long term character? From the moment he taunted Pat on the deathbed, you knew he wasn't long term. Even Phil Mitchell, did not come into EE as some hardman who made loads of enemies. It took him ten years to get the point of pure and utter dislike Derek achieved in months. And back then, EE had better writers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Very disappointed he is leaving(if true) but his character was wrecked ever since his kids came in,

Dropping the Derek/Phil feud was and still remains puzzling not for the first time as Phil/Jack feud was also dropped, last month was the last time both spoke to each other since April when Derek was walking with Tyler with Phil saying "What did they tell you about walking with strange men"

so weird and such bad writing. phil was also sitting chatting with derek on the tube in the live segment ep. it was like they were best friends lol!
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have a feeling Derek could take whatever is in store instead of Max in some way - Derek keeps going on about what Max did when he was away and it's been said that the guys he's running away from are to do with that.....
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    changing things last minute would make inconsistent writing. not enough long term planning.

MM/Kat was originally a ONS till the kat affair storyline. they were never that close especially when michael tried to kiss her.
    Oh I'm not inclined to continue this discussion, mona. If you want to think tearing up scripts in the same thing as poor writing in an episode then that's your prerogative.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Oh I'm not inclined to continue this discussion, mona. If you want to think tearing up scripts in the same thing as poor writing in an episode then that's your prerogative.

i didnt say they would tear up the scripts lol but what else would generate inconsistent writing. if they had more long term planning things wouldnt be so bad

we all only want whats best for the show and thats good writing. id rather they wouldnt drop/change things as it just looks lazy
  • Options
    Sez_babeSez_babe Posts: 133,998
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    so weird and such bad writing. phil was also sitting chatting with derek on the tube in the live segment ep. it was like they were best friends lol!

Michael's given Derek a few smiles as well...although I always think they are too nice to be real.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think Foreman probably did know Derek was going leave when he signed up for EastEnders - Derek pretty much rubbed up everyone the wrong way from the start, and he deliberately had no storylines of his own - his MO was interfering in other's businesses and using it against them. It was poorly written, yes, yes it was. But did anyone think Derek was going to be a long term character? From the moment he taunted Pat on the deathbed, you knew he wasn't long term. Even Phil Mitchell, did not come into EE as some hardman who made loads of enemies. It took him ten years to get the point of pure and utter dislike Derek achieved in months. And back then, EE had better writers.

Totally agree.

Derek just reeked of a character that would be in it for a short while, rub everyone up the wrong way, and then be killed off.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I actually think, after seeing the latest Derek spoilers regarding him being chased by a gang, it won't be a whodunnit. Rather, Max and Derek's past will come back to haunt them in December and in that it will claim Derek's life.
  • Options
    Joe_ZelJoe_Zel Posts: 20,832
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think that comparison between Phil over his first 10 years on the show to Derek's few months is a small scale example of the overall show.

There's no actual build-up and well written longterm stories.
    It's all Wham, bam thank you mam when it comes to whacking out sensationalist rubbish.
    Then when they attempt a long term story, it's not an actual story it's just a few scenes of the exact same repetitions being spread out over several months.

It's all now, now, now. TV as a whole seems to be suffering from it, no one has an attention span anymore.
  • Options
    dazza89dazza89 Posts: 13,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually think, after seeing the latest Derek spoilers regarding him being chased by a gang, it won't be a whodunnit. Rather, Max and Derek's past will come back to haunt them in December and in that it will claim Derek's life.

This i would prefer, we dont need another whodunnit and Im not sure Derek is a popular enough character to warrant it.
  • Options
    R2Y5A0N2R2Y5A0N2 Posts: 54,679
    Forum Member
    Hip hip hooray :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Besides, if it was a whodunnit, then what character could be the culprit?

There's no characters in the show really that would believably be turned into a murderer unless Tanya goes one step further and buries a dead body this time instead of a live one. lol

So, it must be some random thugs or something.

There's been enough "innocent" murderers walking around the square the last few years.
  • Options
    KieranDSKieranDS Posts: 16,545
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Imagine more than one Walford resident killed him.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,395
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would not surprise me if this was true, also it would be very interesting if Joey was the killer, keeping it secret, then a few months later the fall out with Lauren and Alice. The other Brannings would of course be heavily involved.
  • Options
    computermastercomputermaster Posts: 4,019
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I always thought he'd meet his end at the hands of Michael. I guess the supposed history between them is just another forgotten storyline of Derek.

Lol another fail from the writers.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    More echoes of the Shannis story, lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Joe_Zel wrote: »
    Besides, if it was a whodunnit, then what character could be the culprit?

There's no characters in the show really that would believably be turned into a murderer unless Tanya goes one step further and buries a dead body this time instead of a live one. lol

So, it must be some random thugs or something.

There's been enough "innocent" murderers walking around the square the last few years.
    loads of characters would hate derek. theyve set this up for ages.

kat
    alfie
    jack
    max
    tanya
    sharon
    phil
    michael
    cora
    joey
    alice
    lauren