A-Z: The X Factor Contestants

Comments

• monrosemonrose Posts: 518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You know that the letter I comes after the letter H instead of the letter J do you? :p

Never mind, everyone makes mistakes. I'll fill in the I for you.

Does anyone remember I Sette Cantanti from all the way back in series 4? They were the large group of geeks if you don't remember them. I actually quite liked them myself, mainly because they had interesting vocals and were a breath of fresh air among the mediocrity that was series 4 in my opinion. It's a shame Simon didn't put them through to the live shows, but it's understandable because taking them through would have been a massive risk for him. They wouldn't have won anyway, so it's not that big of a deal. Still, I for one would have loved to see them on the live shows over Futureproof, who I thought weren't that good.

The next person should continue with the letter K, as J has been done already.

Sorry about that. I thought this thread only applied to contestants who actually made the finals
  • HMOHMO Posts: 42,143
    Forum Member
    monrose wrote: »
    Sorry about that. I thought this thread only applied to contestants who actually made the finals

Nope - applies to all contestants on all versions of The X Factor. :)

Scott Bruton - I liked this voice, but he was completely ruined on the first live show, the song choice was ridiculous. Simon did accept responsibility, and he did get through (he was actually second that week). He's starred in a musical after the show, I believe.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tabby - our first rocker :D

Series 1 finishing in 3rd place :)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,495
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Union J - My favourite act from the ten shows. Jaymi has a great voice, and I think arguably one of the best that has been in the group category. Josh is an underrated singer and adds a lot more to them than most people would probably gibe him And they also do great twitcams, which is always a bonus.
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Voices With Soul. Don't really remember much about this group other than they were fairly talented but given very outdated song choices and styling. That's about it. :D
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Yuli Minguel - Got the Judge's houses in series 7 and was asked to come back and be the wildcard for the Overs but rejected, probably on the basis that she came to her senses and didn't want to be part of a circus. There must be more beginning with Y surely but she's all I can think of... Eh she was alright I guess. Not alright enough for me to bother linking though.
    Forum Member
    Zara (XF 2008) - "I've got the full package", yet it doesn't include a bra. Those who don't remember her...

Continuing with A:
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh that just brought back dodgy memories! :eek:

Anyways...

Austin Drage - He was amazing from Series 5 and had a stunning voice. Another could've-been-a-top-contender who got unlucky with Simon's song choices and then ultimately and unfairly eliminated by the other judges.
    Forum Member
    Bad Lashes - they were an OK girlband, nothing special in my opinion.
  • jackel1234jackel1234 Posts: 5,218
    Forum Member
    Christopher Maloney - The greatest X Factor contestant of all time and gets a lot of hate on DS because they're all extremely jealous of his amazing talent.....
  • EvilLlamaThingyEvilLlamaThingy Posts: 6,667
    Forum Member
    Diana Vickers - THE CLAAAWWW

I think that about sums it up.
  • EndOfSanityEndOfSanity Posts: 15,072
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    jackel1234 wrote: »
    Christopher Maloney - The greatest X Factor contestant of all time and gets a lot of hate on DS because they're all extremely jealous of his amazing talent.....

Try saying that again, but with a straight face this time. :p

Emily Nakanda was one of Sharon's girls back in series 4. She was a pretty decent contestant in my opinion, but wouldn't have won it even if she wasn't forced to withdraw from the competition following a controversial reveal of her past. I think she lacked a bit of personality and didn't stand out like the likes of Rhydian and Same Difference did.
  • pumpkinlattes33pumpkinlattes33 Posts: 8,326
    Forum Member
    Frankie Cocozza - Awful, only got through because of his "rock star" image with hair like Snake from The Simpsons
  • SoppyfanSoppyfan Posts: 29,911
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    G4 - They were a very interesting group who sung some impressive choices and did really well to make the Final back in Series 1 and went on to have a long-lasting career despite becoming the runner-up act.
  • Patti-AnnPatti-Ann Posts: 22,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Harry Styles, who auditioned as a solo singer but was put into One Direction :)
    Forum Member
    Jamie Archer - I liked his rock vocal and stage presence. His audition felt like his own concert. Louis seemed to turn on him in the live shows which was a shame - I don't see how he could call him a fake rocker. Looks as though he is trying to make his mark on his own.
  • jerefprdterrajerefprdterra Posts: 30,337
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gamu Nhengu is by far and away the best contestant that has been on x factor, and is why she was on stage at the V festival at the weekend.
    Forum Member
    Kitty Brucknell - she was a bit "wacky" at first but she was arguably one of the best vocalists that series, and she's posted on this forum too! :D
  • jag02010jag02010 Posts: 7,347
    Forum Member
    Leona Lewis - 3rd season winner, still have Bleeding Love on my like, top 50 played songs on iTunes.
  • Nastyman69Nastyman69 Posts: 4,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Marcus Collins - Runner Up to Little Mix
  • superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nikitta Angus.

Possibly the most underrated act ever!
  • _elly001_elly001 Posts: 11,937
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Nicolo Festa - IMO, the biggest first week exit injustice ever. Let down by horrible styling and a horrible song choice for him. He would have made series 7 even more entertaining than it already was if he'd stayed longer.

Edit: sorry, posted before checking to see that someone had already done N!