The BBC "Outreach" tour for schoolkids

hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Why do a whistlestop tour of a few locations just for a bunch of flippin' schoolkids?

Why not have genuine, invested FANS, rather than anklebiters who will switch off and go play with their Nintendo DS as soon as the tour bus leaves the area.

Seems odd....

Comments

• stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adult thats furious that kids get the chance to see a show thats designed for them to enjoy?

Wasn't impressed at them using Salford on their outreach program though... Its very well served by the BBC, especially with Sport and 5Live moving there next year.
  • hardylanehardylane Posts: 3,092
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Adult thats furious that kids get the chance to see a show thats designed for them to enjoy?

Wasn't impressed at them using Salford on their outreach program though... Its very well served by the BBC, especially with Sport and 5Live moving there next year.

Who's furious..?

Just enquiring the logic, when it could have appealed to so many more people.

As for Salford... the word is "next year" It's still a hole of a building site.
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They have done some public events this week as well. I went to one yesterday.

I find it pretty unpleasant that some grown adults begrudge kids getting an opportunity like this, guess they have forgotten what it was like to be a kid themselves.

Many of those kids are every bit the fans that you are, OP, and are the future of the show.
  • chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Agree with Muttley and StateOfGamePlay.

I sometimes think adults forget the childrens' aspect of DW.

There was a thread full of rantiness, a while back, cos a Blue Peter competition winner had designed a Tardis console using hair straighteners, etc, and hadn't included and Helmic Regulators. I rolled my eyes, sighed, and flipped my lid.