Looking to return GT5

Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I bought it from HMV and i'm looking to keep losses to a minimum. What is the best trade-in i'm likely to get considering the game will have only been out 1 day or is it even possible to return the game even though it's opened?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,848
    Forum Member
    Jon79 wrote: »
    I bought it from HMV and i'm looking to keep losses to a minimum. What is the best trade-in i'm likely to get considering the game will have only been out 1 day or is it even possible to return the game even though it's opened?

Thanks in advance.

The menus are dire, there is no Nurburgring in arcade mode, I prefer GT4
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    you'll probably get about £35 for it as a trade voucher at Argos/Game/Gamestation/HMV, etc
  • Jon79Jon79 Posts: 1,400
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    you'll probably get about £35 for it as a trade voucher at Argos/Game/Gamestation/HMV, etc

That much? I really hope so. I have a gift card with GAME so if they can slap 35 quid on there i'd be very happy.
  • gillyallangillyallan Posts: 31,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only basing it on looking at the Argos trade in price where they are currently giving £35 for Blops, so presume about the same for GT5.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gillyallan wrote: »
    I'm only basing it on looking at the Argos trade in price where they are currently giving £35 for Blops, so presume about the same for GT5.

I didn't even know Argos were into the second hand market. I'll just do the rounds until someone gives me the best price. Cheers for the help.
  • lawrenma2lawrenma2 Posts: 4,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I didn't even know Argos were into the second hand market. I'll just do the rounds until someone gives me the best price. Cheers for the help.

Yeah, I would try Argos and Asda.

Judging by Argos' price for MoH, I would say £30+ is for sure. http://www.argos.co.uk/static/StaticDisplay/includeName/trade_in_old_video_games.htm
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cex will give £30, £32 exchange
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 60
    Forum Member

Thanks in advance.

Is the game really that bad ???????????????
  • HotbirdHotbird Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    denver2008 wrote: »

Reading around the internet it appears to be worse than ET on the Atari :eek:

It also appears like every aspect of the game is massively flawed and it has been released in a bigger mess than COD MW2 :eek:

But a number of people on my friends list have been playing it endlessly so maybe the people liking the game just haven't ventured away from their console to post positive comments yet :p
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 844
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love it and to be honest it's exactly what I expected. If you like any of the previous GT's then you'll like this one too.

I think the problem now though is that with every new release comes a whole load of hype that everyone seems to fall for and they expect a game to be perfect so there's always going to be disappointment.
  • Echo1Echo1 Posts: 7,704
    Forum Member
    denver2008 wrote: »
    ballybally wrote: »
    I love it and to be honest it's exactly what I expected. If you like any of the previous GT's then you'll like this one too.

I think the problem now though is that with every new release comes a whole load of hype that everyone seems to fall for and they expect a game to be perfect so there's always going to be disappointment.

This. It's an awesome game and the haters should be ignored.
  • TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ballybally wrote: »

Agree 100%
  • ComedykevComedykev Posts: 524
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bearing in mind that some of the comments flying around the internet is from 360 fan boys, just take a look at the Metacritic user reviews.
    I Personally think this game is awesome.
  • denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It's slow and serious, which does not make it a bad game, just a different game to what most driving games have given so far on the PS3.

In this day and age people are used to quick fix gaming, race win and finished. This is not that game and not really for those people. Unfortunately, some will have bought the game expecting something like NFS Shift and are nto getting the same instant gratification from the racing experience.

Hell, I felt it myself when I played my first Sunday Cup race in the most expensive Mazda I could afford to buy with my 20k initial credit. There is no sense of speed when you are driving a clapped out road car that has had no modifications. Out of the box they aren't going to handle like a racing car, they will take time to be able to afford the modifications that will bring that experience.

I thought I would take a quick look at the pre order bonus cars I got from HMV and managed to race the Honda NSX Stealth on one of the beginner races. Wow, that was a whole different experience, the handling was amazing and responsive, the speed was there and a sense of fun was injected back into the game.

This game is really going to reward thos players who give it a week or so and get past the slow crap cars you have to own to start with in order to upgrade to the top range sports cars etc.

I've not played the Arcade mode yet so don't know if the instant gratification cna be gained from there, but arcade mode was always a tagged on mode to the full Gran Turismo experience.

It could almost be fair to say that this isn't a racing game as such, but a role playing game with cars. You'll have to upgrade the 'magic' in order to get the most out of the game.

It's a shame people a so short sighted and inpatient, but it's their money I suppose. Once the online lag issue is resolved and the game starts to load quicker and more features get added to improve the experience, maybe those who gave up on the game so soon will regret their decision and buy it again.

It's too early to tell just how good this game really is, there is so much to do it seems as though the game could last easily for a couple of years. Follow the trophy list to help guide you through the games features and races and I'm sure you will start to enjoy the game more than you are at the moment.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 336
    Forum Member
    always best to carefully slice down side of the plastic packaging with a razor blade, ease out the game with a knife like object and give it a trial before ripping the packaging to bits ;)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    denzil28 wrote: »
    It's slow and serious, which does not make it a bad game, just a different game to what most driving games have given so far on the PS3.

In this day and age people are used to quick fix gaming, race win and finished. This is not that game and not really for those people. Unfortunately, some will have bought the game expecting something like NFS Shift and are nto getting the same instant gratification from the racing experience.

Hell, I felt it myself when I played my first Sunday Cup race in the most expensive Mazda I could afford to buy with my 20k initial credit. There is no sense of speed when you are driving a clapped out road car that has had no modifications. Out of the box they aren't going to handle like a racing car, they will take time to be able to afford the modifications that will bring that experience.

I thought I would take a quick look at the pre order bonus cars I got from HMV and managed to race the Honda NSX Stealth on one of the beginner races. Wow, that was a whole different experience, the handling was amazing and responsive, the speed was there and a sense of fun was injected back into the game.

This game is really going to reward thos players who give it a week or so and get past the slow crap cars you have to own to start with in order to upgrade to the top range sports cars etc.

I've not played the Arcade mode yet so don't know if the instant gratification cna be gained from there, but arcade mode was always a tagged on mode to the full Gran Turismo experience.

It could almost be fair to say that this isn't a racing game as such, but a role playing game with cars. You'll have to upgrade the 'magic' in order to get the most out of the game.

It's a shame people a so short sighted and inpatient, but it's their money I suppose. Once the online lag issue is resolved and the game starts to load quicker and more features get added to improve the experience, maybe those who gave up on the game so soon will regret their decision and buy it again.

It's too early to tell just how good this game really is, there is so much to do it seems as though the game could last easily for a couple of years. Follow the trophy list to help guide you through the games features and races and I'm sure you will start to enjoy the game more than you are at the moment.

Completely agree with you 100%, great post.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Disappointed with Gran Turismo 5? Don't worry - Polyphony Digital boss Kazunori Yamauchi has revealed that the studio is not stopping work on the game just because of this little thing called a 'release.'

Speaking on stage at the game's launch party in Madrid last night, Yamauchi declared that his team would be "upgrading every week, every month" to ensure that his latest baby is absolutely perfect. The game took six years to develop, we expect that the guy can't let go that easily.

Indeed, the producer stated that he saw the latest Gran Turismo as a "pet" that Polyphony has "nourished and looked after." He noted that the fans, "whom have helped and supported us," were the driving force behind the game's creation, and even a video confirmed that "Today is not the finale. Today is only the beginning of a new era for Gran Turismo."

When asked what that was all about by Eurogamer, Kaz revealed updates to the online mechanics of the game. "Online updates are planned of course for leaderboards and matchmaking - [they're] all planned in the process of evolution." When pressed about an obvious sequel, he laughed and said that he "didn't know" when GT6 would arrive.

"10 years ago it was easier to predict what would happen three years in the future," he said. "Nowadays no-one knows what happens in the future. In three years, we don't know what will happen."

http://spong.com/article/23143/Gran-Turismo-5-Getting-Upgrades-Every-Week
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedykev wrote: »

Why thank you :o
  • chrisw99chrisw99 Posts: 2,403
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Exactly. And you could have said exactly the same about GT4 and all earlier versions too. This is GT after all, what were people expecting.

I've only had a couple of hours, couple of races, done the B license and it looks like G4 with a bit of spit and polish.

And thats no bad thing really.

But yeah, when you have played Burnout Paradise and then you go to a Yaris only race trundling around, it's a whole different ball game to anything on the PS3 so far

You can tell looking at some of the bronze trophies (have 1000 cars in your garage) this is going to take some time!
  • c00kiemonster72c00kiemonster72 Posts: 2,363
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Comedykev wrote: »

Same as, couldn't agree more:D
  • TMLS313TMLS313 Posts: 3,990
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Same as, couldn't agree more:D

Me too, for the record.
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Hear hear :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Good to see so many like minded DSers.

If you feel like adding me to your PSN list my user name is:

denziloshamen

Cheers
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, didn't mean to kick up a fuss. I'm not going out of my way to slate the game - I just wanted some feedback on trade-in. I have iracing to fall back to on the PC which costs roughly £60 a year subscription so GT5 always had to be something special to get my attention and it sadly isn't. If however you only race on a console then GT5 is worth holding onto.

£25 from Game, £20 from Gamestop(boo!) and £30 from HMV. I think all of them were for trade-in, not cash. I'll try CEX 2moro for £30 cash. If i can't get £30 then i'm just gonna have to suck it up and keep it in my collection.
  • OneManTagTeamOneManTagTeam Posts: 3,943
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You could try selling on eBay, be able to get your full money back. I done that with F1 2010 & didn't lose out on any money (actually made around 50p as it was free to list & I over estimated p&p:))