Where are ITV Player, 4OD & Demand Five?

Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
Forum Member
As the title suggests.

Where are ITV Player, 4OD & Demand Five?

Thought the PS3 would supply these as apps in the same way iplayer is on the XMB!

Is there any reason why these catchup services are not supplied to us.

Also XBOX has Sky Player, is this exclusive to them for games consoles or could Sony add this to the PS3 also?

Regards,

dan

Comments

• AmbassadorAmbassador Posts: 22,333
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITV Player is awful and I wouldn't want it clogging up the system
  • fastest fingerfastest finger Posts: 12,872
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ITV player is definately coming at some point, 4OD is rumoured (Sony & Chanel 4 have had talks) but not confirmed. Never heard anything about Demand Five.
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ITVPlayer used on the PS3 browsers (when they stopped using Silverlight) but it wasn't optimised. ITV are currently improving their player and it will be available again on the PS3 when it's ready. I believe the situation is similar with 4OD, however they have a channel currently available on YouTube.

No idea about Channel 5's offering.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sky Player would be far preferable but it depends on what deal they have with Microsoft and they are probably too caught up in this Anytime plus launch

I can see the PS3 getting Anytime plus over Skyplayer
  • mad_dudemad_dude Posts: 10,670
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has anyone had any problems with the PS3 Iplayer not playing videos?
  • chipschips Posts: 192
    Forum Member
    mad_dude wrote: »
    Has anyone had any problems with the PS3 Iplayer not playing videos?

Yes. I found deleting your cookies fixed the issue.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    According to "Media Week", Channel Five are currently in talks with Sony to launch a dedicated service on PS3
  • ConroyConroy Posts: 3,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apparently Demand Five already works in the browser. The PS3 currently accounts for 3% of its activity currently.
  • whoever,heywhoever,hey Posts: 30,992
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tonight we actually watched the misfits on 4od in the browser, and even the full screen option worked! :D

Five is already on sony TVs, so it wont be long till its on ps3.
  • NedubizNedubiz Posts: 2,190
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Picked up the Official Playstation Magazine yesterday and it had a coupl e of PS3 adverts that had the ITV player and the Qriocity music service featured - so they must both be coming soon. You can sign up for a free 30 day trial for the qriocity service too.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Any further update on this subject.

All terrestrial TV catch-up players would be a massive plus and draw to this console.

Hope a deal with Sky is in the pipeline too.

Regards to all

Dan
  • mattyl149mattyl149 Posts: 2,110
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dansky+HD wrote: »

The article is almost three months old, plus it wasn't written very well
  • Ash_735Ash_735 Posts: 8,493
    Forum Member
    Pfft, you wait for one more on demand service and two come at once instead!
  • noise747noise747 Posts: 30,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    smpte wrote: »

Good news, I just hope they do a better job than BBC did with the Iplayer on the PS3. Far better on the Wii.

Not sure what they mean about no being able to have adverts on the Wii, all they have to do is stick some adverts in the content. Or do they mean they can't chuck targated ads at people on the Wii? I don't know how they can target people on the PS3 either.

Sitill better than nothing I suppose and all we need now is to get channel 5 up there.

Well, the way ti is going I can get rid of my T.v licence again.
  • Dansky+HDDansky+HD Posts: 9,806
    Forum Member
    Just five on demand now and possibly something from Sky.

Either Anytime+ or Sky Player would be welcome.

Moving in the right direction. The PS3 is nearly the real deal in terms of all round console with gaming and media,

Ahead of Xbox anyway, stretch ur legs, with PSP2 & a PS Phone with remote play functionality xbox will be a distant 2nd.

Sorry 2 rattle on there,

Regards to all,

Dan
  • GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's great news, as others have said just waiting on Demand Five and we have all the major free stations.

I would be nice if you could download them rather than stream though to avoid those times when the internet connection plays up.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,635
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm sure Five wouldn't be far behind as I believe they are already in talks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A soft launch with Sky using Anytime Plus would be a good move, would create limited users so they could get things right (i.e - only Sky broadband subscribers, perhaps even premium subs only)
  • dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good news this some great content on 4OD and now can watch it all on my Full HD TV, anyone know what bitrate they will be streaming at im guessing about 1.5 meg.
  • RoweyRowey Posts: 2,154
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What day will 4od and ITV player be likely to be added?

Thanks.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, the store updates on a Wednesday, so maybe then?
  • gothergother Posts: 14,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Possibly be added tomorrow from what i remember system updates are normally on a tuesday. I may be wrong about this though.