Options

The Missing

Comments

• Options
    Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshpuss wrote: »
    Next Tuesday's episode is the 8th of 8. My Sky box still has the series link showing though.
    Is there something to follow that I've not heard about?

Just looked so does mine. Odd.
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Yes he did. He was from Oxford.;-)
    Nahh he only lived in Oxford, if you listen carefully he's got a Mancunian accent.
  • Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Aurora13 wrote: »
    To quote my own post!

In 2009 Mark says - James involved in swimming races and shows Emily photos of him. Hotel swimming pool is deliberately shown in background.

I noticed that too. And I think every scene is there for a reason.
  • Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Climb aboard.!!! You'll be steering it - it's your thread. :D

( nice and calm at the moment ;-))

Can I join you ? I can bring cocktails :D
  • Options
    Jean-FrancoisJean-Francois Posts: 2,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yoshpuss wrote: »
    Next Tuesday's episode is the 8th of 8. My Sky box still has the series link showing though.
    Is there something to follow that I've not heard about?

Mentioned this to my wife, (who knows EVERYTHING), she said that the series link icon stays there until the episode has been viewed, then magically disappears.
    Please prove her wrong, just to give me some ammunition.
  • Options
    YoshpussYoshpuss Posts: 98
    Forum Member
    Mentioned this to my wife, (who knows EVERYTHING), she said that the series link icon stays there until the episode has been viewed, then magically disappears.
    Please prove her wrong, just to give me some ammunition.

:D

I've noticed before that the last episode of a series doesn't have the icon there. I've never known it stay put until viewed.
    Not saying she's wrong! Just that this is the first time I've seen it.
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gerry23 wrote: »
    He is playing a very empathetic character - couple that with the French accent, a definite glint in his eye from time to time and such an engaging smile............I wonder if he'd like to join us on the boat? (Well, really, I'd like to say I wonder if he'd like to join ME on the boat, but playing fair here).

I think he'll decline your offer as he's coming over to my house to build me a beehive ;) x
  • Options
    ForGodsSakeForGodsSake Posts: 16,235
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TRIPS wrote: »
    Nahh he only lived in Oxford, if you listen carefully he's got a Mancunian accent.

He was from Longsight in Manchester :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Burrercup wrote: »

It was such a placed scene.
  • Options
    CubicEyesCubicEyes Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    I think he'll decline your offer as he's coming over to my house to build me a beehive ;) x

I already have him here, trapped helplessly in my web of spun sugar. And even though I never went to Oxford, I can still whisper sweet nothings in French into his ear.... heh heh heh, he is MINE ALL MINE!

Turning to much less serious matters, I notice from rewatching episode 1 that it looks as though Tony uses the scarf to dry Ollie's hair after the swim. If so, then it would be with the wet swimming gear.

What, if anything, that might mean I don't know. My mind is focused on higher things. ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I've looked at the 2009 sequence and it seems to be heavily Emily / Tony / Mark orientated. It seems to be added to establish this key relationship.

- Abduction of Alex by father who was involved in acrimonious divorce.

- Baptiste story about Queen Bee.

- Tony drinking and breakdown of Emily / Tony relationship.

- Sylvie and Alain still together at Hotel Eden. (Not seen together in 2014 in Hotel).

- Establishing how Mark and Emily got together. Already giving James gifts.

- James involved in swimming races - link to swimming pool. (Also back of shot).

- Emily telling Malik better to have child for few years than not at all. Cystic Fibrosis likely..

- Laurence calls Detective Walsh a friend allowing Tony/Emily to see them questioning the father who abducted Alex.

- Mark says most child abductions are done by Parents. Mark/Tony look at each other.

- Emily asks for a divorce. Tony never got call from Emily as it was deleted.

- Malik hacked Tony phone and found out about Tony killing Garrett.

- Lingering shot of poster showing 12 missing children.

- Alain outside Hotel Eden smoking looking on edge.

- Baptiste solved case of abducted Alex by behaviour at press conference.

- Mark tells Emily he has been involved in a divorce of his own.
  • Options
    Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Yes please. Make mine a gin and French ;-)
  • Options
    Squ1rrel5Squ1rrel5 Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    CubicEyes wrote: »
    I already have him here, trapped helplessly in my web of spun sugar. And even though I never went to Oxford, I can still whisper sweet nothings in French into his ear.... heh heh heh, he is MINE ALL MINE!

Turning to much less serious matters, I notice from rewatching episode 1 that it looks as though Tony uses the scarf to dry Ollie's hair after the swim. If so, then it would be with the wet swimming gear.

What, if anything, that might mean I don't know. My mind is focused on higher things. ;-)

That's a yellow towel. There's just a lot of yellow items around...
  • Options
    Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It's definitely yellow but I think it's a towel not a scarf.
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Its BBC 1. People have been drip fed Colombo and Poirot. The butler usually done it. Alain is a modern day hotel butler cum receptionist.

Poirot and Columbo were shown on ITV not BBC . Have you got a dislike for BBC?
  • Options
    mimi dlcmimi dlc Posts: 13,423
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    With the chronic lung damage that cystic fibrosis causes, I doubt that Malik would smoke indoors
  • Options
    carrielgcarrielg Posts: 128
    Forum Member
    I've been trying to think what I have seen Ziane in and realised it was La Haine.
    Great film if you get the chance.
    (Sorry if its been posted already)

great film. I have it on dvd. yeah it's 20 yrs old but the actor hasn't changed much!
  • Options
    RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Please do! I like anything mixed with vodka. :blush::)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone I am new on here too, love this thread. Just wanted to say take a look at Moniques painting behind Tony within her flat ,this can be seen on bestdaily.co.uk the painting can also be seen in full if you google The Missing bbc and look at images it is most striking and one of the painted images seems almost to be looking at Tony. One of the people in the painting seems to be Molly, another seems to be either Garretts wife or Sylvie and within the painting are many hidden images. The pink hat in Moniques flat looks like the one Garretts wife was wearing in the boat sequence.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

The scarf.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showpost.php?p=75913015&postcount=1938
  • Options
    fizzle90fizzle90 Posts: 6,467
    Forum Member
    Jo_Cutting wrote: »
    Hi everyone I am new on here too, love this thread. Just wanted to say take a look at Moniques painting behind Tony within her flat ,this can be seen on bestdaily.co.uk the painting can also be seen in full if you google The Missing bbc and look at images it is most striking and one of the painted images seems almost to be looking at Tony. One of the people in the painting seems to be Molly, another seems to be either Garretts wife or Sylvie and within the painting are many hidden images. The pink hat in Moniques flat looks like the one Garretts wife was wearing in the boat sequence.

Wow, interesting! Does anyone have a link direct to the painting, I don't want to risk googling in case I accidentally come across any spoilers!
  • Options
    Squ1rrel5Squ1rrel5 Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Jo_Cutting wrote: »

Can you post a link to the painting?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Does anyone know how I encase a spoiler?
  • Options
    Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    I've been trying to think what I have seen Ziane in and realised it was La Haine.
    Great film if you get the chance.
    (Sorry if its been posted already)

He was in touched with Keifer Sutherland too.
  • Options
    Minor MaggieMinor Maggie Posts: 243
    Forum Member
    Who is Greg?