The Missing

Comments

• Frank EFrank E Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    Jo_Cutting wrote: »
    Sorry meant to add Organ Harvesting = Hence the Hive reference
    Sorry for my rambling just having a cheeky drink before my Xmas Party which is thankfully tonight.🍹🍷😀.

per Evidence "Can Vincent Bourg be cured?
    Bourg appears to have blood in his urine.

Could be several things UTI, to kidney failure. Could be systemic infection . Lab results state Campylobacter [jejuni (Avian vector of infection ie chicken shop)] A systemic infection would disrupt the uptake and metabolism of medicines. If his kidneys were failing he might not produce erythropoietin (EPO) a biochemical required to manufacture red blood cells. The Cj would certainly result in dehydration.
  • Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jo_Cutting wrote: »
    I wonder if Vincent is rejecting a donated/stolen kidney or something there seems to be a couple of sick or injured children in this series ie broken ankle , the reporters son has cystic fibrosis. Garret said he wanted to keep the past alive I wonder if Molly is alive somewhere and needs a donor/ stolen organ of some kind. Just a thought.
    Beckyxxx wrote: »
    I definitely think this could be a possibility, it would explain the camera lingering on the children's missing pictures as they may have been taken to be used for their organs?

Children for organs isnt a European problem. You hear of these horror stories in places like India and far east.
    Good theory but not very topical for a UK or European audience.
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone :)

Newbie but have been following this thread from the beginning, loving all the theories!

By the way, can someone clarify for me what most peoples interpretation of the 'queen bee' thing is all about? and how it relates to Sylvie in particular?

It's something in his unconscious nagging him about the case? He's using colonies of bees to try and understand human behaviour, loyalties...
    We don't know what it relates to.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Kat 68 wrote: »
    Welcome:)

I too am glad it's gone on for 8wks. Early on a few posters wanted it done and dusted in four episodes and I never understood their impatience. Like you say 8 weeks has allowed for development and twists and turns and enabled the suspense to build. Can't wait for next episode but at the same time don't want it to end.

Me too! such an addictive series. Ive never thought things have being too OTT either - for example so what if it seems incredible that a scarf should be on record in a shop so many years after. Have people never heard of cold cases? In real life the most simple clues can suddenly appear and solve a case from long ago, happens all the time. People under estimate the power of the police, continuous digging can turn things up eventually, although of course not all the time.
  • TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've been wondering.... Has Ian Garrett's mansion house been empty for 8 years? Mrs Garrett didn't get to live there, did she. She must have gone mad during those years, wondering what happened to her husband and finally ending up in the nursing home.

What if Ollie's been kept on Garrett's estate. How long do phaedophiles keep children for?
    When we see her in 2006 shes seems fine even though she knows Molly had been abducted.
    Think it's more likely she believed her husband had nothing to do with Mollys or Ollies abduction only to be shown the tape of her husband abusing and killing her a short time later. sent her crazy.
    Probably the reason she tells him you done some awful things while she's drinking gin and tonic on the boat. never mind you can all cheer her up next week.:)
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 46
    Forum Member
    Frank E wrote: »
    It's something in his unconscious nagging him about the case? He's using colonies of bees to try and understand human behaviour, loyalties...
    We don't know what it relates to.

I see. Yes it was very unconscious, so subtle that it seemed an irrelevant monologue. But the scene from 2009 certainly highlighted that Baptiste never lost his detective desires. Deep down he tried to pretend to his wife that he wasn't interested anymore - a dangerous job she obviously used to worry and his leg incident probably made this worse. But I bet he has his own theories as to what happened............although having said that, now hes back on the case again he doesn't appear to be running after or have it in for a particular person, but im sure we will see soon :D
  • Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry23 wrote: »
    I've been thinking about the "what a coincidence Mark was in the area" bit for ages now. If this all happened in a holiday resort I could run with it. But this is a smallish and rather nondescript and quite boring inland town in northern France - is that really the type of place you'd take a young boy on holiday?

And I've still to work out if he really does (or did) work for Interpol and it was just the "computer expert" bit that was a fabrication for Bourg's benefit or whether the Interpol AND the computer expert were both fabrications. Do Interpol have family liaison officers?

And for anyone wishing to book a berth on the boat, looks like after today's activity, we're getting pretty full (You need to check with Loz) - poor old Baptiste's limp look set to get even worse. :D:D:D

The charter company has a suitably large vessel standing at the ready and I'm putting in some steering practise! :D
  • SmintSmint Posts: 4,700
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forget the last 7 weeks x 1 hour - this thread has SERIOUSLY impacted on my knitting time - I was supposed to have finished this jumper by now and I've still got both sleeves to do!

Also, my head is about to explode trying to evaluate all the different theories and explanations posted here. Thanks guys! :D
  • Davina's LabiaDavina's Labia Posts: 547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MichelleUk wrote: »
    I have just rewatched the cleanup scene, frame by frame, and there is a coin/medal on the dark jacket lying in the blood (or whatever material it is)

Yes I just looked and it's definitely the medal in the cellar. Brilliantly spotted, well done.
  • Mitu_PappiMitu_Pappi Posts: 1,341
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Then maybe Karl is the good guy after all. He kept the painting on the wall and planted the medal so that the police find it.

Alain it is. We can all relax now LOL

15k euros well spent Tony
  • Kaz159Kaz159 Posts: 11,824
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My worry now is 1 hour isn't going to be long enough to explain everything. I really don't want the ending to be rushed since I've invested so much of my life into the whole thing.

Not to mention the time spent reading this thread :D
  • Aurora13Aurora13 Posts: 30,246
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes I just looked and it's definitely the medal in the cellar. Brilliantly spotted, well done.

Supports the theory that it was planted by Seig to be found. He cleaned up and 5/6 days later puts it down the drain to be discovered.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hi everyone :)

Newbie but have been following this thread from the beginning, loving all the theories!

I love that this always leaves more questions at the end of an episode whilst answering some too - like 'The Returned' a brilliant French program shown on Channel 4. 8 weeks also gives time for the plot and character dynamics to change and shift so no one person is the prime suspect but wow 2 months have gone fasttttt

Also sorry to the boys on here but I cant help myself...add me to the Baptiste fanclub :blush: been madly in love since the 1st episode but only because I had a Prof at uni that was the spit of him in personality and looks and now there's a french twin of him i can carry on my obsession :D:blush::D

Welcome to the thread and apologies for snipping your post. You now have a space on the Baptiste boat :)
  • BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    Loz Kernow wrote: »
    The charter company has a suitably large vessel standing at the ready and I'm putting in some steering practise! :D

And I've upped the cocktail order. Sex on the Beach anyone ? (sorry - couldn't resist):D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Welcome to the thread and apologies for snipping your post. You now have a space on the Baptiste boat :)

You're going to need something the size of the Queen Mary at this rate :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kaz159 wrote: »
    You're going to need something the size of the Queen Mary at this rate :D

In keeping with this thread maybe that should be the Queen Bee Mary Garrett! :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooh, forgot to mention that I want to sign up for Baptiste Bateau ;)

And place an order for the Batiste Cocktail - which is close enough, isn't it? I suppose you could add the pee . . . or maybe not :D

Maybe the 2nd series will be the search for Ollie if the concluding episode proves that he is still alive, just not where
  • Weenie_StixWeenie_Stix Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    Quick question. I've obviously missed this but how did they know there was no sign of Tony for 9 minutes after Ollie vanished? How were they so time exact, 10.16pm to 10.25pm, was there cctv footage or something?
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TRIPS wrote: »
    When we see her in 2006 shes seems fine even though she knows Molly had been abducted.
    Think it's more likely she believed her husband had nothing to do with Mollys or Ollies abduction only to be shown the tape of her husband abusing and killing her a short time later. sent her crazy.
    Probably the reason she tells him you done some awful things while she's drinking gin and tonic on the boat. never mind you can all cheer her up next week.:)

:D:D What about you, TRIPS, you're not planning to abandon 'ship' are you? :o

Mary Garrett was already showing signs of odd behaviour when she was desperately trying to scrub a stain off her table-cloth!!! I wonder if we've seen the last of his Ian's house.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Smint wrote: »
    Oooh, forgot to mention that I want to sign up for Baptiste Bateau ;)

And place an order for the Batiste Cocktail - which is close enough, isn't it? I suppose you could add the pee . . . or maybe not :D

Maybe the 2nd series will be the search for Ollie if the concluding episode proves that he is still alive, just not where

There's a deck lounger with your name on it :)
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    In keeping with this thread maybe that should be the Queen Bee Mary Garrett! :D

:D:D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's a deck lounger with your name on it :)

Yay! I could just do with a nice cruise and an attentive softly-spoken Frenchman . . .
  • FrankBTFrankBT Posts: 4,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure about that. It looks like a plumbing olive ring about half inch thick, I'm not sure you were supposed to notice it considering the area is very dark and the few seconds the camera scanned the area you were supposed to focus on the blood. If that is the medal what is the point of Karl Sieg planting it elsewhere? Alain has the chance to deny he was in the pool area and might provide an alibi that he was at his meeting that evening anyway.
    Forum Member
    Mitu_Pappi wrote: »
    Children for organs isnt a European problem. You hear of these horror stories in places like India and far east.
    Good theory but not very topical for a UK or European audience.

An HLA match is more easily attainable within the same ethnicity.
  • RecordPlayerRecordPlayer Posts: 22,648
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The BPC List is now open.

(The Baptiste Pleasure Cruise)

:D

I love how Mary Garrett's modest boat has suddenly become The Baptiste Pleasure Cruiser. :D

Baptiste in real life is a songwriter and singer. Double bonus- he can be the cruise ship crooner. :cool: