Options

The Missing

Comments

• Options
    dec7000dec7000 Posts: 83
    Forum Member
    ✭
    I thought the house was being renovated while they were away for an extended period.

The house was being renovated in 2010 when she took the scarf to the charity shop. The abduction was in 2006 and many of us, including me, have raised the question of who had access many, many pages ago. None of us have the answer!

Why were they not asked?

I still think Vincent Bourg took the boy but did not harm him.
  • Options
    belmontbabebelmontbabe Posts: 134
    Forum Member
    ✭
    that woman with the floppy hat knows more than she is letting on
  • Options
    TRIPSTRIPS Posts: 3,714
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Malik was just fishing. He assumes Tony killed Garrett, but he hasn't got proof. He had the medal but didn't know the significance. He visited Ziane in prison, but got nothing there. I think it's all bluff and guesswork.
    He's talked to Bourg and knows about Garrett and the false alibi. But I don't think that ties in with Ollie's abduction. Bourg was around the swimming pool area on the evening of Ollie's disappearance, that's why he needed an alibi. He may have seen something or someone, but again I'm not so sure Malik knows the full significance.
    As an investigative journalist, he's not the greatest. :)
    Mark said something very interesting to Malak as he opened the envelope containing the evidence Malak had just given him, Mark suddenly looked up at him and asked, Why do you think Tony Killed Garrett. scene goes off and we dont know Malaks answer.
    It suddenly clicked with Mark maybe Malak wasnt just fishing maybe he knew something that proved or pointed to Tony killing Garrett.
    Could be that he has just realised Malak had hacked Tonys phone,not likely but still possible Emily had confided with Mark that it was an accident and Malak is saying it's murder.
    Think it's more about Mark wanting to know what proof he has that Tony murdered Garrett. what he does if he ever does suspect Tony, ive no idea. there's just far to many questions that have to be answered in this last episode.
  • Options
    allie4allie4 Posts: 11,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought the house was being renovated while they were away for an extended period.

Aha!!!! Renovated by whom? Garrett????????
  • Options
    Frank EFrank E Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    ✭
    TRIPS wrote: Β»
    Interesting, Owners would soon confirm if he did have a key even for a short period of time.
    I cant see anyone abducting a child and then breaking into a house,an isolated house fine but not in a street. one nosey neighbour phones the police and 5 min later and without warning they are knocking on the door, far too risky.

Not if they are involved were. friends with the visitors.Or if the owners own the neighbouring properties.
    If the house was void, then the LA would know about it.
    If they have a regular contract cleaner on hus legit rounds no one would bat an eyelid. His legit side might be a front for finding pop-up properties /safe houses to use for nefarious purposes - abductions, merchandise delivery, cannabis farms, video studios, drugs deals, neutralisations and to hide criminals such as drug dealers, prostitutes immigrants.
    If he is regularly parked at the cul-de-sac where the drain is regulars wouldn't report anything out of the ordinary.
    A van offers more concealment than a car, back iit up into garage, draw down the door and neighbours just see a professional cleaner's van
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Frank E wrote: Β»
    Not if they are involved were. friends with the visitors.Or if the owners own the neighbouring properties.
    If the house was void, then the LA would know about it.
    If they have a regular contract cleaner on hus legit rounds no one would bat an eyelid. His legit side might be a front for finding pop-up properties /safe houses to use for nefarious purposes - abductions, merchandise delivery, cannabis farms, video studios, drugs deals, neutralisations and to hide criminals such as drug dealers, prostitutes immigrants.
    If he is regularly parked at the cul-de-sac where the drain is regulars wouldn't report anything out of the ordinary.
    A van offers more concealment than a car, back iit up into garage, draw down the door and neighbours just see a professional cleaner's van
    Good explanation about Siegs van, Neighbours away there getting work done, nobody bats an eyelid. still doubt anyone would risk breaking in.
  • Options
    Kat 68Kat 68 Posts: 426
    Forum Member
    ✭
    Haven't written in these forums for ages! (Blame Twitter!)

Felt compelled to ask this - Didn't Sylvie at one point, have hold of Ollie's stickman drawing? I seem to recall her handing it back to Tony saying it fell out of his pocket.

I've read a lot of previous pages to check whether this was mentioned, and it wasn't immediately apparent.

I love this thread, by-the-by

Sylvie had access to it in 2014 as already pointed out. But back in 2006 the drawing was left in the car at the mechanics for a couple of days!
  • Options
    Virgil TracyVirgil Tracy Posts: 26,806
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    there was something fishy about that mechanic .
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    I'm wondering if Mark really is a Liaison Officer? If the French police knew a liaison officer was coming and Mark turned up, would they know any difference? And some of the things he has said make it seem like he doesn't really know what he is doing .

He may be getting involved in the investigation so that he can hide evidence or whatever e.g. Changing the evidence that Malik gave to him and replacing the contents of the envelope with the sobriety medal?

It would be too coincidental for Mark to be in Chalons Du Bois (along with James when he is virtually identical to Ollie) and him to be immediately assigned to the case.:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    there was something fishy about that mechanic .

I need to watch the first episode again when we see them at the garage, maybe there is some evidence in that scene when Tony and Emily are talking to the mechanic, that would make more sense now and would arouse suspicion?
  • Options
    Frank EFrank E Posts: 111
    Forum Member
    ✭

Not at that juncture according to the woman's statement and they were away for two weeks. There were drawings in the basement 2006 per Karl Sieg flashback They could have been construction drawings or they could have been art.
  • Options
    flirtythirty76flirtythirty76 Posts: 173
    Forum Member
    ✭
    I think we are going to need an extended 4 hour final episode on Tuesday & then a full debrief with a Q&A from the writers with all the clues, red herrings & suspicions we have all suggested!!!πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

May need counselling for Baptiste withdrawal symptoms...gonna miss my Tuesdsay tv eye candy!:D
  • Options
    BurrercupBurrercup Posts: 265
    Forum Member
    ✭
    I think we are going to need an extended 4 hour final episode on Tuesday & then a full debrief with a Q&A from the writers with all the clues, red herrings & suspicions we have all suggested!!!πŸ˜–πŸ˜–πŸ˜–

Well - I'll definitely need it. It'll take me ages to take it all in !!
  • Options
    Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

May need counselling for Baptiste withdrawal symptoms...gonna miss my Tuesdsay tv eye candy!:D

I'm not looking forward to being in a Baptiste free zone after Tuesday :(
  • Options
    Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

That's why I've recorded it and saved it on my hard drive :p
  • Options
    bebo83bebo83 Posts: 186
    Forum Member
    ✭
    Feeling daunted by the number of posts in this thread? Can't keep up with all the theories? Never fear! The Daily Mail have kindly read through them all & written up a handy summary. isn't that kind of them? ;-)

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2872459/Whodunit-Missing-prepares-thrilling-climax-CHRISTOPHER-STEVENS-turns-detective-try-bottom-smash-hit-kidnap-TV-series-gripped-nation.html

The Daily Fail, why am I not surprised!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
    Forum Member
    ✭
    What will you do if it turns out he is dodgy.............????..Baptiste that is...:(
  • Options
    Weenie_StixWeenie_Stix Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    ✭
    If the owners were in on it and the house Ollie was kept in was regularly used by the gang to hold kids and Sieg regularly cleaned up after them, no one would think it unusual his van was there on a Sunday. Even thought the owners were away, they would just think it was the cleaner doing his usual visit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That's why I've recorded it and saved it on my hard drive :p
    Lets be honest , if he moved in next door to you with all his bees, funny accent and scruffy beard youde be banging on the door complaining in no time.
  • Options
    Weenie_StixWeenie_Stix Posts: 139
    Forum Member
    ✭
    Lets be honest , if he moved in next door to you with all his bees, funny accent and scruffy beard youde be banging on the door complaining in no time.

If he moved next door to me, I'd go missing every day so he could find me ;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭
    What will you do if it turns out he is dodgy.............????..Baptiste that is...:(

I will visit him in prison, babysit his bees & campaign for his innocence!!!:D:p;-)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If he moved next door to me, I'd go missing every day so he could find me ;-)
    :):)
    I give up. can hardly tell the difference between him and Albert Steptoe,
    probably has a bath in the sink as well.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭
    I give up. can hardly tell the difference between him and Albert Steptoe,
    probably has a bath in the sink as well.:)

I wish there was a like button under some comments so I cud like ur post, am sat laughing out loud πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I wish there was a like button under some comments as I am sat laughing out loud at ur post πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    Seems to be the way on this thread, you either laugh or go mad:)
  • Options
    CubicEyesCubicEyes Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    ✭
    A couple of fairly random observations:

At the garage in episode 1, besides the mechanic they talk to and get the recommendation of Hotel l@eden from, there's another mechanic with white or very light grey hair who walks past Tony at one point. Man at pool maybe?

I've been trying to figure out whether a guy who appears quite prominently next to Tony during the fateful football match where Ollie vanishes is familiar from elsewhere, or just an extra with a good face. He's wearing a dark brown top and turns his head a couple of times towards the camera just before the goal when Ollie goes missing - somehow he just looks vaguely familiar to me.

Probably just careless form-filling by whoever does the props for the series, but..... just over 37 minutes into Episode 1, where Julien digs out the profile on his first person of interest, Vincent Bourg - the profile says that his mother Mary Scotts was born in Lille in 1944 and his father Pierre Bourg was born in Dartford in 1946. Not really what you'd expect!