2010 Series Trailer

Comments

• Mark.Mark. Posts: 84,896
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rayer wrote: »
    He went around saying bye to everyone because he thought he was going to die ?

Hence he was so happy when he still had legs etc.
    Ah, right...of course. The Doctor thought he was about to die completely.

And that explains the line about having lived too long, just before releasing Wilf from the chamber.
  • KapellmeisterKapellmeister Posts: 41,322
    Forum Member
    The thing that explodes at about 7 seconds into the trailer is the sonic screwdriver :D
  • RobRob Posts: 4,171
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AAAAHHHH WEEPING ANGELS ARE BACK!!! YAY!!!!

Moffat's gonna have to deliver the goods if the angels are back, because they're connected to what is now know as the scariest New Who yet and since.

Wow, so much pressure on everyone involved, A new doctor, a new assistant...It all looks a lot darker too, but with Moffat at the helm that's hardly a surprise. Wow I'm well excited! Wonder what Richard Curtis' episode will be about???
  • FuddFudd Posts: 166,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing that explodes at about 7 seconds into the trailer is the sonic screwdriver :D

Maybe Moffat's not a fan of it as a plot convinience (sp? :o) :D

Seriously - I can't remember it being used much in any episode he's written (bar the Girl in the Fireplace, where he used it near the end to open the Fireplace).
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 353
    Forum Member
    Mark. wrote: »
    It's also possible to have an appearance in a multi-doctor story.

Indeed, they now have the first opportunity for that since 2005 (Time Crash excepted), because there was no way Christopher Eccleston was going to return following his comments about the role.

It certainly wouldn't surprise me to see Doc 10 returning; probably not in series 5 but maybe in series 6. The only stumbling block could be explaining how it all works, without resorting to "wibbly wobbly..." again.

That's what I thought as well.

RTD 'conveniently' left that one out. I rekon you're right, DT seemed genuinely upset to be reliqnuishing the role towards the end of confidential and I think he'd love to take the part up again.

And it just so happens the clone doctor gives him an avenue to do so.

EDIT: woah, freaky, got Terminator on the telly and as Arnie materialises from the future, what can you hear in the background?

*dum dum dum dum.....*
    :eek:
  • docmandocman Posts: 5,024
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    Maybe Moffat's not a fan of it as a plot convinience (sp? :o) :D

Seriously - I can't remember it being used much in any episode he's written (bar the Girl in the Fireplace, where he used it near the end to open the Fireplace).

Another example of RTD getting the blame for what the Moff has done.

It was Moffatt who started the whole thing of the Sonic being more that just a screwdriver in “The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances” where the Ninth Doctor uses it as a medical scanner. In the confidential interview at the time, Moffatt was totally unapologetic about it and RTD and others only continued what he started.

As for the new series, photos of the new sonic being used on set are all over the internet.
  • swirlygirlswirlygirl Posts: 5,390
    Forum Member
    Can't bloody wait!!!

Roll on spring!
  • Sniffle774Sniffle774 Posts: 20,290
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    swirlygirl wrote: »
    Can't bloody wait!!!

Roll on spring!

Not long now either :)
  • CD93CD93 Posts: 13,939
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone think that the part with The Doctor hitting the Dalek was the part involved in the audio clip :
    "I am The Doctor..and you are the DAAALLEEKS!"
    There was a thump at the end, also. The extended 'Daleks' could have been accounted for with the run up? :p
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    docman wrote: »
    Another example of RTD getting the blame for what the Moff has done.

It was Moffatt who started the whole thing of the Sonic being more that just a screwdriver in “The Empty Child/The Doctor Dances” where the Ninth Doctor uses it as a medical scanner. In the confidential interview at the time, Moffatt was totally unapologetic about it and RTD and others only continued what he started.

As for the new series, photos of the new sonic being used on set are all over the internet.

There we go - I was completely wrong then!

I remembered Blink vividly as not having a Sonic Screwdriver moment - mainly because it was Doctor-Lite. Thinking about it, didn't Moffat use it in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Daed too - to black out a helmet?

Maybe Moffat wants a complete break from the past series by breaking the screwdriver then. Or maybe it isn't even broken lol.

Apologies, anyway.
    Forum Member
    Or maybe it isn't even broken lol.

It definitely explodes though :)
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 10,818
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Best I can say about him so far is that I'm glad they haven't gone for good looks as I've never really liked the Doctor as a romantic target for his assistants.
    I'm sure thee's a shot of him kissing his new assistant in that trailer (well someone with long red hair anyway).
    Forum Member
    Rorschach wrote: »
    I'm sure thee's a shot of him kissing his new assistant in that trailer (well someone with long red hair anyway).

Alas you're right.
  • CAMERA OBSCURACAMERA OBSCURA Posts: 8,010
    Forum Member
    Thinking about it, didn't Moffat use it in Silence in the Library/Forest of the Daed too - to black out a helmet?.

Aye, then there was the sonic screwdriver opening the trap door from nowhere in The Forest Of The Dead and The Doctor inserting it into a machine to 'save' River Song at the end of the episode. Using it to accidental contact Donna when she was in the 'hard drive. Then there was the Gun from The Doctor Dances that makes holes in the walls/floors for easy escape.

Still.

If that had been an RTD trailer.

Sonic screwdriver, check
    Companion kissing the Doctor, Check
    Returning Daleks, check
    Catchphrase, Check (Geronimo !!! :eek:RTD would have been slaughtered for that)
    :D

Wasn't to keen on the vampires, bit sick of them this year what with me not being a teenage girl and all, but apart from that, series 5 and Matt Smith are looking great, cant wait. :)
  • sertonserton Posts: 730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wonder if it's post regeneration craziness that causes the kiss...
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    You can clearly see the new TARDIS interior if you freezeframe it too....

It's the thing that is sparking with the Doctor sitting down underneath the sparks just after the shot of the reptile monsters holding the guns...

Well I think that's the underneath the bonnet part of it anyway...

As for the Sonic Screwdriver, maybe Moffat will finally go for the scene cut from The Judoon episode where The Doctor simply opened a cuboard in the Tardis and selects one of about 20 :p

Maybe he finally now adds the dampers. We know he can't part with it until the last meeting with River anyway ;)
  • Red-EyeRed-Eye Posts: 8,509
    Forum Member
    I have to say Series 5 is looking awesome already!:D

Loving the more Darker look there.:)
  • Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sniffle774 wrote: »
    Not long now either :)

funny really, that long wait between easter and November seems worth it now, cause since then a new episode has never been THAT far away!:D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,588
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kal_El wrote: »
    Is it a proper gun? Looked like a starting pistol to me...

To myself the gun featured in the trailer looks like an glock 17 or glock 18 to myself.

However the trailer looks bloody amazing. Roll on spring 2010 i say now :D
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It definitely explodes though :)

I just have the feeling there may be a plot twist there and it keeps omitting sparks or something. :p:o
    Aye, then there was the sonic screwdriver opening the trap door from nowhere in The Forest Of The Dead and The Doctor inserting it into a machine to 'save' River Song at the end of the episode. Using it to accidental contact Donna when she was in the 'hard drive. Then there was the Gun from The Doctor Dances that makes holes in the walls/floors for easy escape.

Still.

If that had been an RTD trailer.

Sonic screwdriver, check
    Companion kissing the Doctor, Check
    Returning Daleks, check
    Catchphrase, Check (Geronimo !!! :eek:RTD would have been slaughtered for that)

To be fair, I'm wondering if anyone will dare do a Doctor Who series without the Daleks popping up at least once...
  • codename_47codename_47 Posts: 9,682
    Forum Member
    I just have the feeling there may be a plot twist there and it keeps omitting sparks or something. :p:o

Maybe someone was using a hairdryer ;)
  • WryipWryip Posts: 2,160
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Having recorder last nights confidential i had the luxury of watching the trailer back in slow mo and it looks really interesting
    The man the doctor decks looks to be set in ww2 so that would make it the dalek episode
    The doctor and amy kiss
    River song in khaki and shots of weeping angels just after her twice so possibly in the same episode
    The vampires of venice rumours look to be true
    Amy has the most wonderful bulging eye :D
    Possible sea devils, they look amphibian but not the same as previous incarnations BUT when you look at the guns they are almost identical
    A phone box exploding
    The doctor shooting a gun

All in all looking excellent
  • HappyTruckerHappyTrucker Posts: 534
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, as pointed out somewhere, it seems the screwdriver will not be a dead device for long: Just one of the images of the replacement
  • CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wryip wrote: »
    Having recorder last nights confidential i had the luxury of watching the trailer back in slow mo and it looks really interesting
    Possible sea devils, they look amphibian but not the same as previous incarnations BUT when you look at the guns they are almost identical

It does look like
    both the Silurians and Sea Devils are back as there are two different reptilian aliens seen together in the trailer (both of which had been spotted on set as well though not together I don't think).

A very exciting Trailer :D
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 51,223
    Forum Member
    I really hope "Geronimo" is not his new catchphrase because it is annoying me just from viewing the trailer!