Options

Artifacts on Strictly

DarthFaderDarthFader Posts: 3,882
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Anyone else getting terrible artifacts and picture break up on BBC One HD for Strictly? BBC One SD is fine.

PJ

Comments

• Options
    jzeejzee Posts: 25,498
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DarthFader wrote: »
    Anyone else getting terrible artifacts and picture break up on BBC One HD for Strictly? BBC One SD is fine.

PJ
    Yes, thought it was my dish, but you're right the other SD channels seem fine, bit of a c*** up to do this on the final:rolleyes:.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 293
    Forum Member
    Yep, loads here - thought it might be the snow on the LNB or the box failing - kinda pleased to hear you have it too.

G
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 277
    Forum Member
    Yep. Just switched to SD. I thought it might be a camera problem at first as it stopped when they changed shot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32
    Forum Member
    Yes, having the same trouble:mad: Had to switch off, go to freeview viewing:eek:
    Also not responding to remote, what the hell:confused:

Not even a snowflake insight:rolleyes:

All this a week before crimbo day:eek:
  • Options
    AdamAnalogueAdamAnalogue Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    Same problem on SCD BBC ONE HD on Virgin Media cable. Virgin encode BBC ONE HD themselves (BBC do it for Sky via newish, allegedly dodgy encoders) so must be problem at the transmission centre (Red Bee media?).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 70
    Forum Member
    Same here, seems to be crashing some HD boxes as well, you need to power off to unfreeze it. New Amstrad 500Gb with the new software, keeps crashing.
    My older Amstrad with the older software at least doesn't crash.
  • Options
    mickbirch2000mickbirch2000 Posts: 745
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Seems to have been sorted after there was a sound/picture glitch, but was very blocky at times for the 1st 40mins.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks to all the replies, although I am annoyed by it, least it is not our set or box.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 24
    Forum Member
    Seems to have cleared up now, haven't seen any glitches for about 10 mins now...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Never seen anything as bad as that before on BBC HD. Wonder what caused it.
    PJ
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Amstrad 1Gb box has now frozen, not responding to the remote at all. Well done BBC, the box has been very very reliable, now doing a 3 pin reset....
  • Options
    dazbdazb Posts: 3,247
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Typical BBC and what do u expect with Danielle Nagler as Head of BBCHD surely the buck stops with her.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Amstrad 1Gb box has now frozen, not responding to the remote at all. Well done BBC, the box has been very very reliable, now doing a 3 pin reset....

My 1tb is doing the same. Artefacts came and I wanted to go to SD....oh no you don't says my Box.
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC 1 HD just made my box lock up as well must be something very wrong with BBC 1 HD
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All is now back to normal. Turned off at the Mains and then back on again ....seems to be the cure for most things.:eek::eek::eek:
  • Options
    terryklterrykl Posts: 1,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BBC 1 HD just made my box lock up as well must be something very wrong with BBC 1 HD

Doubt it is a BBC HD problem.As it seems to have affected only sky boxes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 395
    Forum Member
    Same problem via BBC One HD on Freeview, no problems with equipment lock-up though at all.

Finally there was a short break in transmission of about one second and when the picture returned the problem had dissappeared, obviously the fix.

Perhaps snow in the BBC's equipment somewhere caused the problem? :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68
    Forum Member
    Same here
    Was watching recording silghtly delayed
    Did a system rebuil during lottery
    everything then OK
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 716
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It was the same on Freesat HD and on Freeview SD. I might check the iPlayer feed and see if that has it too.

The second part of the show (9.00) was fine.
  • Options
    AdamAnalogueAdamAnalogue Posts: 195
    Forum Member
    terrykl wrote: »
    As it seems to have affected only sky boxes.

Nope, was on all platforms (inc. cable, Virgin encode the channel themselves too) so must have been nearer to origination i.e. studio/Red Bee transmission suite.
  • Options
    JordanDSJordanDS Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My 1tb is doing the same. Artefacts came and I wanted to go to SD....oh no you don't says my Box.

Exactly the same happened on my Amstrad 1TB box - there was blocking at the bottom of the screen and then it would stop responding to the remote. Powered off and back on again, was OK for a few minutes but when switched back to BBC1HD it started again. Finally left it fully powered off for about 15 minutes, switched it back on again (strictly had finished by them) and all was fine again for the rest of the evening. There is snow on my dish, but strength & quality readings were both OK.

As my old Thompson HD box nearly burnt the house down last summer I was worried that my new 1TB box was about to go before Xmas, so I'm glad it wasn't just me this happened to!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dont panic it was just the BBC sabataging your box, serious picture break-up etc on the final of Strictly, no mention of an appology antwhere, affected all platforms.
    Typical of BBC today I'm afraid, just pretend it didnt happen
  • Options
    JBlinkJBlink Posts: 2,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Glad it wasn't just me with the lock up. I thought that had been cured with the recent software update.
  • Options
    Jaycee DoveJaycee Dove Posts: 18,762
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We had this on both our Sky HD boxes during Strictly - BUT, unlike comments earlier about seeing it on Freeview as well, whilst it was still doing it on Sky we turned over and watched via a Humax Freeview HD box and BBC 1 HD was perfect that way.

Puzzling as to why it would not be all HD feeds then. I just assumed it was a satellite only issue but if some freeview HD feeds were effected as well, obviously not.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

May I ask what a 3 pin reset is ? :confused: