Options

Capital FM Network (Part 2)

Comments

• Options
    CS73CS73 Posts: 350
    Forum Member
    It also seems to have gone unnoticed that Leigh Jones has left Capital South Wales to be replaced with Michelle Owen. Listened to her yesterday, she reminds me slightly of Sacha Brookes.

Leigh now has on his Twitter profile that he is a presenter for Heart & Smooth, I can't find him on any Heart schedule though
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 82
    Forum Member
    I was listening to the BT40 on Sunday and they are now using the local ID instead of 95-106 fm

I think they really trying to push the whole local identity to make them sound as they are local. But the whole imaging of the station and power intros have been dropped must be sticking to ids in songs now.
  • Options
    robrymondukrobrymonduk Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Capital Birmingham have had transmission issues since Sunday, yet they have not acknowledged it on Twitter or Facebook.

It was unlistenable on Tuesday morning, ear piercing white noise. It is better now but still crackling and fizzing and the audio sounds mono.

People have posted on there page mentioning the problems but no response. Pretty poor show.
  • Options
    ResidentSDResidentSD Posts: 1,056
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capital Birmingham have had transmission issues since Sunday, yet they have not acknowledged it on Twitter or Facebook.

It was unlistenable on Tuesday morning, ear piercing white noise. It is better now but still crackling and fizzing and the audio sounds mono.

People have posted on there page mentioning the problems but no response. Pretty poor show.

Is this on FM? I normally listen on DAB and haven't noticed any issues over the last few days when I've listened.
  • Options
    robrymondukrobrymonduk Posts: 910
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ResidentSD wrote: »
    Is this on FM? I normally listen on DAB and haven't noticed any issues over the last few days when I've listened.

Yeah it was just FM on 102.2. So perhaps on air they wouldn't mention as online/TV/DAB was working fine, but still a long time for the majority of where listeners will be tuned in from to hear unlistenable output (some may argue that is the case anyway :D)
  • Options
    Declan_McGrath1Declan_McGrath1 Posts: 7,309
    Forum Member
    Last Saturday on Capital North West and North Wales at 12pm it look liked they forgot to opt out of the network and instead treated us to Capital London for 4 hours so it looked like the cover presenter didn,t turn up. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well it happen again yesterday this time for 30 mins and when I was listening to the lovely toni phillips they had national ads instead of the local ones and a trailer for Dave and Lisa breakfast show. :D I hope the cover presenter dose turn up today otherwise Ofcom will start being suspicious :D
  • Options
    IcaraaIcaraa Posts: 6,068
    Forum Member
    Last Saturday on Capital North West and North Wales at 12pm it look liked they forgot to opt out of the network and instead treated us to Capital London for 4 hours so it looked like the cover presenter didn,t turn up. :D

Yeah I noticed that. I find the whole pretending to be local thing very odd to be honest. People calling in and not being allowed to say where they are calling from.

Lots of shows are networked in the U.S. and they don't pretend otherwise.
  • Options
    omnidirectionalomnidirectional Posts: 18,822
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I wonder what the problem is? Ofcom won't be happy and neither will any local advertisers. That said the local show seems to be on air today.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,842
    Forum Member
    I see that Googlebox's Scarlett Moffatt is being added to the Breakfast show team in the North East, presumably from the New Year.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    FM Lover wrote: »
    I see that Googlebox's Scarlett Moffatt is being added to the Breakfast show team in the North East, presumably from the New Year.

Where did you see this?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I don't know why they removed Toni Phillips from the weekend schedule she only down now for emergency cover she told me this on twitter. I don,t like this Roman Kemp guy he is annoying and dominates the schedule to much. Agree with me.?
  • Options
    radio tunerradio tuner Posts: 3,030
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't know why they removed Toni Phillips from the weekend schedule she only down now for emergency cover she told me this on twitter. I don,t like this Roman Kemp guy he is annoying and dominates the schedule to much. Agree with me.?

i heard he has famous parents
  • Options
    Forum Member

Real shame about Toni, she's the best presenter Capital have
  • Options
    Neil-wNeil-w Posts: 130
    Forum Member
    I think their grooming him for weekdays, 2 or 3 of the current line up could be on borrowed time....
  • Options
    Radio_GeekRadio_Geek Posts: 2,873
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Neil-w wrote: »
    I think their grooming him for weekdays, 2 or 3 of the current line up could be on borrowed time....

James Bassam to go next?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes I think the Bassman will go next he is told old for the capital brand. Plus Juice fm in Liverpool have started phase 1 of the rebrand and the station id is saying the Capital of Liverpool.
  • Options
    HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, Capital have big plans for Roman! All in time peeps...! Refresh next year, In line with new female for Capital Breakfast.
  • Options
    HitmusicHitmusic Posts: 2,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

She was removed from Capital as she is on capital Xtra. Global want to keep the 2 stations totally separate with no cross overs that's all. Capital Xtra now has record listening figures and is now so strong in its own right.
  • Options
    COTTONHEATCOTTONHEAT Posts: 12,103
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    FM Lover wrote: »

she has already started as cover for Jojo who is on maternity leave
  • Options
    tt1986tt1986 Posts: 341
    Forum Member
    Hitmusic wrote: »
    Oh yes, Capital have big plans for Roman! All in time peeps...! Refresh next year, In line with new female for Capital Breakfast.

Big things for Toby Tarrant too..

I hope with the changes they introduce new branding as it's all starting to look/sound a bit dated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Capital Liverpool will be launching soon has anybody who lives in Liverpool noticed any changes over the past few days????
  • Options
    dpbdpb Posts: 12,031
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hitmusic wrote: »

The forthcoming vacancy on Capital London breakfast did spring to mind when I heard Ferne saying she wanted to do a radio show. In fact I wondered if a deal had been made which was why she kept saying that and would be announced when she got back from I'm a Celebrity.

I suspect she won't be liked much on this part of the forum but I found her quite witty and likeable on I'm a Celebrity and think she would bounce off Dave Berry well.
  • Options
    Scotty_BScotty_B Posts: 1,997
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Capital Liverpool will be launching soon has anybody who lives in Liverpool noticed any changes over the past few days????

Yes, a good radio staion has been turned to shite.