Does Beyonce care about her fans? 3 million followers without a single TWEET!!!

Comments

• SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Simple answer: No, she doesn't, she only cares about the money they spend on her products that keep her a multimillionaire who is in a place socially and financially where she can do nothing but still attract 3 million people to follow absolutely nothing. All because they are idiots showing abject adoration for someone who doesn't even care to acknowledge their profound devotion despite no reward.

The followers are the mice, the twitter account is the Skinner box, Beyonce and Columbia Records are laughing their asses off knowing they have 3 million idiots as a solid market base who will literally buy into nothing and stick around anyway.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 683
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Superbeast wrote: »
    Simple answer: No, she doesn't, she only cares about the money they spend on her products that keep her a multimillionaire who is in a place socially and financially where she can do nothing but still attract 3 million people to follow absolutely nothing. All because they are idiots showing abject adoration for someone who doesn't even care to acknowledge their profound devotion despite no reward.

The followers are the mice, the twitter account is the Skinner box, Beyonce and Columbia Records are laughing their asses off knowing they have 3 million idiots as a solid market base who will literally buy into nothing and stick around anyway.

Agreed
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Superbeast, I love you! You are, as Nic said, completely correct. Beyoncé is so in love with herself, I'm surprised she even fell in love with Jay Z, let alone marry him.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »
    Superbeast, I love you! You are, as Nic said, completely correct. Beyoncé is so in love with herself, I'm surprised she even fell in love with Jay Z, let alone marry him.

Glad many agree with me on this matter
  • gpkgpk Posts: 10,206
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    nicmars wrote: »

are you reading the same thread as me?:eek: if this was my handiwork, i wouldn't be hailing it a success to be honest.:o
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What a stupid thread. Beyonce is a musician and isn't obliged to use twitter at all. It's crass when you see some musicians on there begging people to buy their records, 'like' something or other or retweet something or other
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,904
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think one problem with all the social networking available is that people expect too much from celebrities. They expect them to post things continually, even when there is nothing going on. No one has to use twitter or facebook, however the fact that so many people are following beyonce posting nothing shows how needy some people are. I remember when you had to work hard ro find info on your favourite band withiut it being spoonfed to you. It made it more rewarding when you did find something, plus celebs lasted longer because they wern't shoved down your throat all the time.
  • Plug In BabyPlug In Baby Posts: 1,573
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nicmars wrote: »

You're calling this a "matter"? Really more of a nonevent. Either stop following her or go listen to some of her music and prove that you are a fan for the right reasons.
  • darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    when did it become a requirement for artists to have a twitter? am i missing something? :confused:
  • TH14TH14 Posts: 11,719
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think one problem with all the social networking available is that people expect too much from celebrities. They expect them to post things continually, even when there is nothing going on. No one has to use twitter or facebook, however the fact that so many people are following beyonce posting nothing shows how needy some people are. I remember when you had to work hard ro find info on your favourite band withiut it being spoonfed to you. It made it more rewarding when you did find something, plus celebs lasted longer because they wern't shoved down your throat all the time.

Exactly, and it was so much fun getting a new album on release day and not knowing what the cover would look like or the track list or anything. Times have changed so much to the point where people clamour to know on twitter whether Lady Gaga has had a shit or not
  • rivercity_rulesrivercity_rules Posts: 24,270
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Best thread ever, what a laugh.

She doesn't care about her fans because she doesn't tweet?! How ridiculous. And Using Gaga just to drum up more attention. What about the millions of tweets Gaga gets and doesn't reply to, does that mean she hates those fans.

I've seen some poor attempts at bashing Beyoncé but this has to be the absolute pits. Perfect Sunday night chuckle.
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people are just drama queens
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    She's not obliged to use Twitter, idiot.

And bringing Gaga into it? Really? Doesn't she have enough of her "fans" making her look bad all over the internet as it is?!

For the record I like Gaga, but some of her fans are like Hitler clones.

This thread isn't even music related :confused:

Err, I don't think Hitler deserves to be compared to Lady Gaga fans.
  • darakinssdarakinss Posts: 1,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ElvisOnLSD wrote: »
    Err, I don't think Hitler deserves to be compared to Lady Gaga fans.

i'm a fan of Lady Gaga and i dont appreciate being likened to the Nazis either :mad:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 28
    Forum Member
    darakinss wrote: »
    i'm a fan of Lady Gaga and i dont appreciate being likened to the Nazis either :mad:

I personally hate juice. :rolleyes:
  • SuperbeastSuperbeast Posts: 1,119
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lamaestra wrote: »

Thank you. Not many do so I'l take what I can get.

When she was still a young woman in a girl group one of the world's richest men and music moguls who previously had a reputation of playing around wanted a committed relationship with her and made that clear. Once she was willing to put the age issue aside and accept the existence of Foxy Brown, Superhead and Amil she was guaranteed security.

So while everyone referred to him as a camel, she decided she wasn't going to look a gift camel in the mouth given the riches and fame that could come from being associated with him.

If anything Jay-Z made her father's role irrelevant, he engineered her success while Dame Dash and Jay-Z engineered their own. Jay was a better mentor than her dad ever could have been and his spiteful reaction to take money he wasn't owed, leading to the professional separation from his daughter and her career. He became obsolete when a younger, newer more experienced model who was not her peer but her equal and just as supportive came along and Jay was just that.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I must have missed the news the day that Beyonce forced every single one of her three million-odd followers to hit the "follow" button on Twitter.

There are loads of people who have a Twitter account but don't tweet very much/at all. Perhaps she opened an account so that she had one verified should she ever want to start tweeting?

Oh and I'd love to see the day where one of Gaga's little monsters didn't feel the bloody need to bring her up in every, single, topic :yawn:
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    britney spears is part of the social media as well.
  • Master OzzyMaster Ozzy Posts: 18,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This forum really is unbelievable sometimes. Currently two threads on the first page, one of which contains posts saying that Alexandra Burke is arrogant...because she said "Ok.com" on X Factor :rolleyes:. The other thread (this one!) with people saying Beyonce doesn't care about her fans...all because she doesn't have bloody Twitter. Rediculous, it really is.
  • Unigal07Unigal07 Posts: 22,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    people saying Beyonce doesn't care about her fans...all because she doesn't have bloody Twitter. Rediculous, it really is.

No, it's because she does have Twitter, just doesn't tweet ;)
  • AdcmAdcm Posts: 1,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    She doesn't need to be accessible because her music speaks for her. She probably only has that account so people know that everybody else is a fake account.
  • newplanetnewplanet Posts: 398
    Forum Member
    I think this is pretty hilarious. 3 million people are following Beyonce say absolutely NOTHING. I'm sure she's got more important things to be doing to be honest - and I don't think it means she doesn't care about her fans - but it does say something about the loyalty of her followers.

Lady Gaga is irrelevant to this topic. Tweeting isn't caring. It's marketing. End of.
  • DizzleDizzle Posts: 723
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Beyonce doesn't need Twitter to help build a fan base, unlike some.
  • LamaestraLamaestra Posts: 1,560
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Whether one 'tweets' or not is entirely up to them (I don't use it myself, likewise Facebook) but Twitter or no Twitter, Beyoncé is still too far 'up herself'.
  • sammyvinesammyvine Posts: 3,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it true that she avoids signing autographs for her fans.