Actors who you mistake for other ones.

montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Reading the Perfume: The Story Of A Murderer thread has reminded me that for many years I thought that Rachel Hurd Wood and Evan Rachel Wood were the same person. They do look like a bit like each other and have bizarrely similar names, so at least I've got an excuse for confusing the two of them, but what other actors do you get mixed up?

Comments

• degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    As looks go I used to get Josh Lucas and Matthem McConaghey mixed up.

The later is a lot more famous and recognisable these days though,
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    By name only, I always used to get Dylan McDermott and Dermot Mulroney mixed up.
  • ironjadeironjade Posts: 10,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thomas Jane, James Purefoy and Christopher Lambert are the same person: I've never seen all three together.:)
  • dd68dd68 Posts: 17,837
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler, they look nothing alike but I always think of them at the same time, chatted with my brother recently and he thinks the same way!
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Elias Koteas and Christopher Meloni.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    Olivia Wilde and Yvonne Strahovski,,thought these were the same people for years,,Maggie Gyllenhaal and Vera Farmiga tricked me as well
  • Shak2005Shak2005 Posts: 656
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Javier Badham and Jeffrey Dean Morgan look so alike. often confused them up in films.

Kerr Smith and Julian Mcmahon. Kerr looks like a younger version of Julian.

Emilia Clarke and Piper Perabo. I thought it was piper perabo in Game of thrones which i have never seen but just saw a pic on a site from the show and read that it was Emilia. This was the first time i heard of Emilia.
  • tahititahiti Posts: 3,273
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bruce Dern in 'Family Plot' (Hitchcock's last film, 1976) looks and sounds exactly like Nicholas Cage !
  • Mrs ChecksMrs Checks Posts: 8,371
    Forum Member
    Shak2005 wrote: »
    Javier Badham and Jeffrey Dean Morgan look so alike. often confused them up in films.

I've done this one too, actually. I remember seeing the trailer for The Possession and being surprised that Javier Bardem was in it :D
  • LMLM Posts: 63,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't mistake them but i think french actress Audrey Tautou looks like Audrey Hepburn.
  • shelleyj89shelleyj89 Posts: 16,292
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Mariska Hargitay and Lesley Fera

When doing a binge watch of Pretty Little Liars a few months ago, I was wondering how Mariska managed to get time off from Law and Order:SVU to film PLL, so I looked her up, and discovered it wasn't her in PLL after all, it's Lesley Fera. The likeness is uncanny. Their voices even sound the same.
  • pearlsandplumspearlsandplums Posts: 29,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jennifer Lopez and Vincent from the 80's tv show 'Beauty and the beast'.

Its one specific video of hers and it always makes me chuckle when i see it
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Olivia Wilde and Yvonne Strahovski,,thought these were the same people for years,l

Why though as they don't look anything like each other and their names aren't similar either.
  • montyburns56montyburns56 Posts: 2,011
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ironjade wrote: »
    Thomas Jane, James Purefoy and Christopher Lambert are the same person: I've never seen all three together.:)

Yeah, Thomas and Cristopher do look really really similar to each other.

And you have reminded me that I always get James Purefoy and James McAvoy mixed up, just because of their similar names.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    not the names but looks....Courtney Cox and Margot Kidder
  • SuperAPJSuperAPJ Posts: 10,402
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Only on the names, Mira Sorvino and Mena Suvari!
  • rfonzorfonzo Posts: 11,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Madonna and Gwen Stefani.
  • QuixoticQuixotic Posts: 668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I get Frances Conroy and Frances Fisher mixed up quite a lot. I used to get Jennifer Tilly and Joey Lauren Adams mixed up as well. Jeff Bridges and Jeff Daniels is another.
  • gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I usually mix up Keira Knightley & Natalie Portman with each other
  • gemma-the-huskygemma-the-husky Posts: 18,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Danny de Vito and Arnold Schwarzenegger. Only their mother could tell them apart.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    Shak2005 wrote: »

Kerr Smith and Julian Mcmahon. Kerr looks like a younger version of Julian.

Emilia Clarke and Piper Perabo. I thought it was piper perabo in Game of thrones which i have never seen but just saw a pic on a site from the show and read that it was Emilia. This was the first time i heard of Emilia.

she has been in few things i watched..Ugly Coyote and The Cave are two i seen her in..i always recognise her name when films crop up :D
  • dodradedodrade Posts: 23,827
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gerry d wrote: »
    I usually mix up Keira Knightley & Natalie Portman with each other

Keira played Natalie's double in the Phantom Menace.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 310
    Forum Member
    When I went to see Prometheus, I confused Logan Marshall-Green for Tom Hardy. I haven't seen it since it first came out, so maybe he looked nothing like him in the movie, but it genuinely confused me at the time.
  • ~*~Jess~*~~*~Jess~*~ Posts: 4,157
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    Ben Stiller and Adam Sandler, they look nothing alike but I always think of them at the same time, chatted with my brother recently and he thinks the same way!

I had the same thing for years! It doesn't happen now though, but reading this post reminded me it did :)
  • acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Jeff Bridges and Kurt Russell.